LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

WOMEN IN LOWRIDER CAR CLUBS?

48K views 616 replies 244 participants last post by  hypnotiqsd 
#1 ·
Okay guys if you are in a lowrider car club, do they have rules against allowing women to join? Why or Why not? What's your feelings about men and women in the same car club? Give some names of your clubs if you allow the ladies to join...

#27 ·
what part of hawaii i mean what island i about to go there again just wanted to stop by and say whats up to all of u

as for woman lowriders ive been in the game for about 20 years already and have been from all male car clubs but its taken them about 15 years to start reconizing us as individuals not the man lady

i still being driving down crenshaw or whittier and some people that dont know me still ask me is that your mans car i get asked that about 2 to 3 times daily.

so i decided to put mu horrible stickers on the side so poeple would stop asking me that now they ask me is that your car club

so much love to all the female out there just keep on doin it dont let no man stand in your way lmao!!!!!! :0

Originally posted by UFAMEA@Sep 9 2004, 06:44 AM
FOSHO! IT ALL GOOD BABEE :biggrin: MY COUSIN KISA HAS A 73 GLASSHOUSE AND RIDE WITH UCE HAWAII AND SHE DOIN IT BIG! CANDY RED PAINT WITH FADES AND PATTERN ,2PUMPS 10 BATTERY,DAYTON WITH 2 BAR BOWTIES KNOCKOFF,BLK LEATHER O.G PATTERN INTERIOR,LITTLE CHROME ON THE 400,PLAQUE UP. :thumbsup: FOR THE WOMENS RYDAS.ONELOVE :cool:
[snapback]2203522[/snapback]​

#29 ·
Impala John...I like the idea of your lady riding along side of you in the club you belong...My man and I had hoped to do that too but club rules don't allow women...CadillacDeville96...Your right the club name is not important, no disrespect here, but I did say if you didn't mind me asking...I still have alot of respect for the guys but let's get real...NO I"M NOT HATING!!!! JUST BE REAL ABOUT IT...Sorry LIL peeps got carried away, but you know what's up...

#30 ·
Originally posted by rollerzonlyoc2ie2sd@Sep 14 2004, 07:13 AM
what part of hawaii i mean what island i about to go there again just wanted to stop by and say whats up to all of u

as for woman lowriders ive been in the game for about 20 years already and have been from all male car clubs but its taken them about 15 years to start reconizing us as individuals not the man lady

i still being driving down crenshaw or whittier and some people that dont know me still ask me is that your mans car i get asked that about 2 to 3 times daily.

so i decided to put mu horrible stickers on the side so poeple would stop asking me that now they ask me is that your car club

so much love to all the female out there just keep on doin it dont let no man stand in your way lmao!!!!!! :0
[snapback]2215759[/snapback]​
HONOLULU HONEY JUST LET ME KNOW WHEN YOUR GOING I WILL HOOK YOU UP WITH OUR HAWAII CHAPTER A LITTLE TOUR THANG ONELOVE.

#31 ·
Originally posted by hypnotiqsd@Sep 13 2004, 10:00 PM
UFAMEA...Your cousin Kisa...Her glasshouse is TIGHT!! My cutty is just getting started...I would like to compete at the shows, as you know there are soooo many cuttys out there...went to LRM show SD, just waiting to finish inspection to enter the gate...in 10 minutes I counted 15 going in...It was cool just being there...I love the rides and the ladies were REPRESENTING to the fullest...Sorry went off the topic...but it's good to see that Kisa has much love from her club (family)...To: jenns64chevy...I don't use the "chick" card either...Always be true to yourself !!!
[snapback]2215018[/snapback]​
THANK YOU AND GOOD LUCK WITH THE CUTTY JUST REPP THE BEST YOU CAN BE DON'T TRIP ON THE HATER ONELOVE.

#32 ·
Do your thang ladies. Jenn we hear about you all the way out here girl, i live right around the yuba city and chico chapters. One love.

Kita when you gonna take me to the island uce? I wanna hit kala kala boulevard in honalulu.

Ladies are putting it down better than ever this year :cool:

#35 ·
Originally posted by LosAngelesRydr@Sep 15 2004, 12:16 PM
just peep out the latest issue of lrm with the all the ladies representin in it...they ridin hard as fuk...
[snapback]2219263[/snapback]​
My sister is in it :) Jenns64chevy :) Imma tell her to post up in here again :)

#37 ·
Originally posted by SHOWTIME916@Sep 15 2004, 12:13 PM
Do your thang ladies. Jenn we hear about you all the way out here girl, i live right around the yuba city and chico chapters. One love.

Kita when you gonna take me to the island uce? I wanna hit kala kala boulevard in honalulu.

Ladies are putting it down better than ever this year  :cool:
[snapback]2219244[/snapback]​

:cool: :thumbsup: :wave: :)

#39 ·
Originally posted by jenns64chevy@Sep 15 2004, 02:28 PM
I just found out Im in there! :) Haven't seen it yet tho :)

:thumbsup: 2 women lowriderz

:cool:
[snapback]2219624[/snapback]​
CONGRATZ! JENN JUST DO DAM THANG GIRL! :cool:

#40 ·
When Gil Griffin was writing the acticle about female lowriders in the San Diego...The Union Tribune...We were trying to get the ladies to come and help with the article. Gil had contacted LRM and was informed that there would be a section on female riders...Didn't know it was out yet...have to go pick it up later today...I'm trying to get a car club with ladies only in San Diego together...so the ladies can do it too...jenns64chevy congrats for making the LRM...REP to the fullest....

#41 ·
:worship: WAIT TILL YOU VATOS GET THE NOV, ISSUE OF LOWRIDER MAG,BIG PROPS TOO THE LADIES OR "TWIN SISTERS" FROM IMPALAS C.C....... :thumbsup:

#42 ·
Originally posted by CadillacDeville96@Sep 9 2004, 11:02 AM
I used to be part of a club from san diego and I was the first female that in 20 yrs that they had ever let in.  But they always placed different expectations on me than other male members.  I always felt that they just wanted my car and not me. 

Here in New Mexico males often see females that own lowriders as a positive thing, which I really respect.  Lowriding is so much of the Hispanic culture here that gender isnt usually a problem. 

I really respect other females that are involved in lowriding. I think car club membership should be based upon the quality of the ride rather than the gender of the owner.  :thumbsup:
[snapback]2203920[/snapback]​
i think its more the quilty of the person not there ride the ride can be fixed up the person cant here in miami uce you can have a bucket but if your working on it and your a good person you can join and bring your car up over time

#45 ·
In our club, StreetRiderz, not only do we have a female member but she is also a founding member and an officer. On top of all that I think she has more trophies in her trophy room than anybody else in the club! As a matter of fact, at the end of last season our club gave her our "Rider of the year" award. She reps to the fullest. :biggrin:

#46 ·
Originally posted by dough916@Sep 16 2004, 02:48 PM
In our club, StreetRiderz, not only do we have a female member but she is also a founding member and an officer. On top of all that I think she has more trophies in her trophy room than anybody else in the club! As a matter of fact, at the end of last season our club gave her our "Rider of the year" award. She reps to the fullest.  :biggrin:
[snapback]2221929[/snapback]​

I'll be the second to vouch for that one bro. Caprice is as clean as a new bar of soap. :thumbsup:

#48 ·
we got a female in our club and she is also a mechanic. so not only does she have a clean ride, she helps the guys out! :biggrin:

#49 ·
much respect to ladiez touch c.c they rep the PHX to the max, in the NOV issue of Low Rider, I kick it with them there down and what was said ant no fuff it the true.
there comeing out strong with one 40"s and one 50"s old school style and two 70"s monte's and suv's and more all in the works, not just talk, they have come up over the last year and will be the club to watch !
keep up the good work much Love and Respect!!!
:cool: :cool: :cool:

#50 ·
It's nice to see all the positive things being said in this thread about the women. I truly believe it's up to the club to decide whether or not any potential member is going to be a welcome addition. This should be based on personality and character alone, not whether your male, female, or what type of car you have. I helped found my club seven years ago, we have members with rough cars as well, but they are still members because without the help of others, they might be lost for progress and I think that's really what a club is about - SUPPORT! I have never been singled out because of my sex, they treat me the same as anyone else and our members are picked very selectively to insure compatibilty -which inturn insures longevity of the club ultimately. What I am trying to say is, if a club is being bias based on sex, they probably aren't concerned to much about the quality of the members either, which takes away from the whole "Family" feeling. To each his or her own I guess, but I feel like all the ladies representing in this thread know what is important and can stand on their own regardless. Just my peice! ;)
The70ImpalaGirl
United Classics C.C.
Olympia, Washington

#51 ·
pic borrowed from another post, I STiLL haven't seen the artile :roflmao:

These were driving in SJ and the bottom was in front of my shop, just so happened when Nathan Trujillo (photographer from Lowrider) got there, I had a DEAD battery (and a newly found short on the car - which has since been fixed) .....stressful day, hehehe......I really am NOT on the phone that much :uh: :cool:

.....oh yeah, got the car started and took him to our CC meeting that night :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.