LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

WOMEN IN LOWRIDER CAR CLUBS?

48K views 616 replies 244 participants last post by  hypnotiqsd 
#1 ·
Okay guys if you are in a lowrider car club, do they have rules against allowing women to join? Why or Why not? What's your feelings about men and women in the same car club? Give some names of your clubs if you allow the ladies to join...

#5 ·
I am a woman in Impalas Car Club - they USED to not allow women back in the day, then they got real, hehehe.....

while we're on this topic..... I have to give props to the women 'behind the scenes' in car clubs...the WiVES....I'm not a wife, Im a member, but I have hella respect for the wives in CCs that throw down the BBQs, parties, dinner's, watch all the GUY'S bebe's kids, and help prep for the shows - the RiGHT way :)

I don't play the 'chick' card when I'm around the guys, I just be myself, and stay out of the chisme, LOL :cheesy:

#8 ·
FOSHO! IT ALL GOOD BABEE :biggrin: MY COUSIN KISA HAS A 73 GLASSHOUSE AND RIDE WITH UCE HAWAII AND SHE DOIN IT BIG! CANDY RED PAINT WITH FADES AND PATTERN ,2PUMPS 10 BATTERY,DAYTON WITH 2 BAR BOWTIES KNOCKOFF,BLK LEATHER O.G PATTERN INTERIOR,LITTLE CHROME ON THE 400,PLAQUE UP. :thumbsup: FOR THE WOMENS RYDAS.ONELOVE :cool:

Attachments

#10 ·
this is not to start crap but what about women towards women in car clubs do they always get along?Can they get along?Ive seen alot of clubs that let ladies in and then you get the drama of somebodys wife saying or thinking that ole girl wants to bone or is giving them the googley eyes or shes a nimpho and there are some like that(just wanna be around the guys)for attention reasons.Better yet how bout a woman who has a man but SHE wants to be from a car club not her man?Just a few questions i had on the back burner
I believe a woman should be able to join a car club just remember what your joing for .And not the attention from the men

#12 ·
Originally posted by UFAMEA@Sep 9 2004, 06:44 AM
FOSHO! IT ALL GOOD BABEE :biggrin: MY COUSIN KISA HAS A 73 GLASSHOUSE AND RIDE WITH UCE HAWAII AND SHE DOIN IT BIG! CANDY RED PAINT WITH FADES AND PATTERN ,2PUMPS 10 BATTERY,DAYTON WITH 2 BAR BOWTIES KNOCKOFF,BLK LEATHER O.G PATTERN INTERIOR,LITTLE CHROME ON THE 400,PLAQUE UP. :thumbsup: FOR THE WOMENS RYDAS.ONELOVE :cool:
[snapback]2203522[/snapback]​
kita u said it all bro :biggrin:

#13 ·
OK I agree with all of you. Some women try to get in for the wrong reasons. Some just want the attention and to be around the guys. I'm not, I'm taken too. What I'm saying is the clubs where I'm from don't allow women in their clubs because of the " old rules" .They have been around for 15-20+ years. I know back then that's just the way it was. To be a lady in a car club you had to be part of the club, " behind the scenes". Such as the wives and girlfriends are now. The ladies are always there to support of the club. Maybe the guys feel they're being invaded on. They aren't free to be themselves with the ladies around, not wanting to disrespect or offend any of them...

#15 ·
Is it just the clubs here? I have friends in other clubs but the rules are still the same. Either way I'm going to still represent, continue working on my car, go to the shows, and picnics, etc. I support my man and the club he's in. But guys time are changing, it's time to get real! No more behind the scenes for me. I'll be a true rider 'til the day I die...

#16 ·
Rich, the lady in your chapter is hella cool people. I've met her once here in **** at one of Majestics get- togethers. The one they did the fundraiser for Bandit. RIP

#18 ·
our stand on the issue is............."if the ride is clean enough to run a plaque.....we don't care who owns it............race,religion,skin color or gender do not play a part in the decision..we are a family oriented club!" props to all the women out there who are lowriders.....we should not give only them respect but respect to all woman which i see we lack lots of times especially at shows but on the same note-----if you "respect yourself............we will respect you!"

peace
richee

#19 ·
I used to be part of a club from san diego and I was the first female that in 20 yrs that they had ever let in. But they always placed different expectations on me than other male members. I always felt that they just wanted my car and not me.

Here in New Mexico males often see females that own lowriders as a positive thing, which I really respect. Lowriding is so much of the Hispanic culture here that gender isnt usually a problem.

I really respect other females that are involved in lowriding. I think car club membership should be based upon the quality of the ride rather than the gender of the owner. :thumbsup:

#20 ·
CadillacDeville96...I totally agree with you "Quality of the ride rather than the gender of the owner" Can you agree the "old rules" of the car clubs need to be updated here? What club were you with (if you don't mind me asking)? NO disrespect here, but what changed their minds about you after not allowing women for 20 years? What kind of car do you have?

#21 ·
Originally posted by jenns64chevy@Sep 8 2004, 11:29 PM
I am a woman in Impalas Car Club - they USED to not allow women back in the day, then they got real, hehehe.....

while we're on this topic..... I have to give props to the women 'behind the scenes' in car clubs...the WiVES....I'm not a wife, Im a member, but I have hella respect for the wives in CCs that throw down the BBQs, parties, dinner's, watch all the GUY'S bebe's kids, and help prep for the shows - the RiGHT way :)

I don't play the 'chick' card when I'm around the guys, I just be myself, and stay out of the chisme, LOL :cheesy:
[snapback]2203198[/snapback]​

"CHISME" :thumbsdown: I hear you on this one...

#22 ·
UFAMEA...Your cousin Kisa...Her glasshouse is TIGHT!! My cutty is just getting started...I would like to compete at the shows, as you know there are soooo many cuttys out there...went to LRM show SD, just waiting to finish inspection to enter the gate...in 10 minutes I counted 15 going in...It was cool just being there...I love the rides and the ladies were REPRESENTING to the fullest...Sorry went off the topic...but it's good to see that Kisa has much love from her club (family)...To: jenns64chevy...I don't use the "chick" card either...Always be true to yourself !!!

#23 ·
Originally posted by jenns64chevy@Sep 8 2004, 11:29 PM

[snapback]2203198[/snapback]​
My wife is a fellow LOW LEVEL C.C. member along side me. She's the only current female member we have.

LOW LEVEL C.C.'s First Lady!!!! ;)

#25 ·
Originally posted by hypnotiqsd@Sep 9 2004, 11:46 AM
CadillacDeville96...I totally agree with you "Quality of the ride rather than the gender of the owner" Can you agree the "old rules" of the car clubs need to be updated here? What club were you with (if you don't mind me asking)? NO disrespect here, but what changed their minds about you after not allowing women for 20 years? What kind of car do you have?
[snapback]2204038[/snapback]​
Yeah, I do believe that some "rules" need some updating.

The club i was with isnt really important...I still respect what the club is about, just not the way they presented it towards me. A few people here know which club, but its not the issue to name names. :biggrin:

I really don't know what changed their mind about me, I had a primo in the club and he probably helped sway the vote...at the time I had an 84 monte carlo. But that car is LONGGGGGGGGG gone.

#26 ·
woman why cant they be allowed, and yes they are some in different car clubs, shit gotta yes give props to the wives too man that set shit up and cook everyday

ONE LOVE TO MY GIRL KALISHA :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.