CHROME PLATING SHOPS In NC
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Need info for chrome plating
    Are there any chrome plating shops/places in NC?
    Does anybody have some numbers, location or any connections who can bling some engine and suspension parts from my 63 Impala?

Why don't we have them like they do in Cali or Fla etc.?
    What does it take to open a chrome plating shop?
    I'm DEAD SERIOUS about opening one!

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Baller Poster

there are about 4 or 5 platers here in charlotte, i dont have the numbers here at home. as soon as i get a chance to post from work i can post the numbers here, i have some parts with one of theses guys and he is pretty good. havent had any problems with his work yet.
    Jamie
    Southern Star Customz
    Charlotte, NC * * 704-598-2402

ogcaddy

i hate rain on the parade,

but there are no good chromers in this state. there are a few good chromers in TN, one bad ass chromer in TX and only a few left in CA that are worth a shit, most of the chromers in CA have either down sized because of the EPA or they are hiding from the EPA and might get busted at any moment, plus due to supply and demand alot of chromers are doing rush jobs now, either way good luck.

You should PM RICH on this site, he can take care of you on chroming.

Addict Poster

Got Deep Pockets?

Call Supreme Plating in Inglewood, California. Quality is outstanding,prices are well.........another story.

arguably, the "BEST" in the business
    Supreme Plating
    330 East Beach Ave, Inglewood, 90302 - (310) 671-3640
    - Frost Bite 58 -

ogcaddy

Originally posted by SIXONEFORLIFE@Jan 29 2005, 10:00 AM
    Got Deep Pockets?

Call Supreme Plating in Inglewood, California. Quality is outstanding,prices are well.........another story.

arguably, the "BEST" in the business
    Supreme Plating
    330 East Beach Ave, Inglewood, 90302 - (310) 671-3640
    [snapback]2656296[/snapback]

its like this, some guys pay $75 for a chrome a-arm, some guys pay $500 to have the same a-arm plated.

Baller Poster

Originally posted by Notorious67@Jan 29 2005, 09:20 AM
    i hate rain on the parade,
    but there are no good chromers in this state.┬* ┬* there are a few good chromers in TN, one bad ass chromer in TX and only a few left in CA that are worth a shit, most of the chromers in CA have either down sized because of the EPA or they are hiding from the EPA and might get busted at any moment, plus due to supply and demand alot of chromers are doing rush jobs now, either way good luck.
    You should PM RICH on this site, he can take care of you on chroming.
    [snapback]2656204[/snapback]
    you are right about that about being no GOOD platers here in nc. the one guy i am using right now has a friend that works at either advance or tri city( cant remember which) and he does all the polishing here and takes it up there to plate it. the other guys around here do the plating themselves. one of them i wouldnt let him plate anything for me. when my brother built his second impala, he had the grille chromed and when he got it back it looked like nickle only.aside from that, these guys are good if you dont want to spend big money and still get a decent job.
    Jamie
    Southern Star Customz
    Charlotte, NC * * 704-598-2402

Baller Poster

:0

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    OBSESSION, North Carolina

Originally posted by blvddown@Jan 31 2005, 08:01 PM
    CHROME RITE PLATING, FAYETTEVILLE, NC
    [snapback]2666098[/snapback]
    I copied this from another web site.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

READER'S EXPERIENCES WITH SHOPS SELLING PARTS AND/OR DOING MECHANICAL WORK ON ANY VEHICLES (SHOP NAME, WITH-IN CITY, ALPHABETICAL)

--Chrome-Rite Plating, Inc. in Fayetteville does very poor work and charges outrageous prices. I had two Porsche horn grills re-plated there. They are about 4x6 with 3 horizontal bars. Charged $200.00, $100 each when I got them back they had ground a lot of metal away the bars were wavy and the bottom of the bars were not cleaned or plated. When I contacted them they refused to do anything about it and said that they couldn't clean and buff the bottoms of the grill bars, wasn't enough room. There was the same room as the top! Similar problems reported by fellow club members. Skip Carden, Durham, NC
    Get at me..... http://www.myspace.com/impala_john

"TODAY IS A GIFT....THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED THE PRESENT. "

OB⋅SES⋅SION
      /əbˈsɛʃən/ [uhb-sesh-uhn]
    ľnoun
    1. the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, or desire

R.I.P. Dan Rivera (fo-sho sixfo)

You all need to try Chrome East, LLC in Concord, NC. 704-784-8900.
    I can attest to our high quality and hitting target turnaround deadlines.

Call, e-maill chuck@chromeeast.com, or fax 704-784-8918 for more info.

To the gentleman who is seriously thinking about opening a shop, if you have money, we may have the answer. There is no question the need is there and we would love to expand further.

Aspiring Poster
    Car Club
    premier

graves plating in florence alabama,4wk turnaround,all show chrome,pay cod when their done,check out their web at www.gravesplating.com,once you get work done from them youll never go anywhere else.

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    SOLO

ttt
    never represent something that doesnt represent u...
    My 84 cadillac project- http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?s...pic=210617&st=0

check out my work @ TOPNOTCH POLISHING..
    specializing in anything aluminum
    http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?s...post&p=12822122

Enthusiast Poster

Not to beat a dead horse, but any info on some shops out here?
    62 Impala HT ~ under construction

54 Bel Air ~ LUPE

~JUNGLE LOVE~
    Car Club
    USOIVLIFE

I took my stuff to Concord Plating. I've heard a few people complain about lost parts, but I had a good experience with them.

After

Gave the man his money and got the hell outta there

www.customcarforums.com Moderator
    Instagram @payfred
    www.PattiDukezProductions.com

CAR CLUBS ARE NOT SOCIAL CLUBS. CAR CLUBS ARE FOR MEN WITH CARS. NOT FOR GROUPIES THAT WANT TO BELONG AND JUST FLY CLUB COLORS

1982 Cadi
    featured LRM Nov 2013 SOLD
    1964 SS Impala
    1968 SS Rag Impala

9pm=Cruisin' Time
    Blog Entries

Funny enough, my wife and I almost bought Chrome Rite out of Fayetteville....But she didn't want to move there! lol
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps EVER. Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to ĹPlease Do Not Feed the Animals'. Their stated reason for the policy is because the animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.

Enthusiast Poster

Looks good!
    62 Impala HT ~ under construction

54 Bel Air ~ LUPE

Addict Poster
    THEM DOWN SOUTH MISSISSIPPI & MEMPHIS, TENN BOYS
    Car Club
    Should I join one?

I'd imagine chroming in NC would be super expensive, the plater in Tennessee I've heard is super super expensive and charges crazy prices for the little extras that would be standard in Cali BUT for the most part I've heard they do great work.

Enthusiast Poster
    Car Club
    Fine Lines cc

Metal Finishing (LOS ANGELES,CA.) does excellent work & there prices are good. Most of the time if you pay a cheap price for chrome, you will not always get show chrome.

19. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information