test Why does RAZA prefer to bump Black Rap instead of Chicano Rap? - Page 4
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    EL Gran Chingon

I stick to oldies, old school and some chicano rap and some old school black rap. I honestly can't stand any of that crap that these youngsters(I'm 38) put on blast and call rap these days. But I guess that's just the generation gap.

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

~IM STILL HERE~

Quote Originally Posted by BigVics58 View Post
    True, but I doubt that any of them have as many that sound alike as much as chicano rap an spanish
    I wouldnt be able to tell you if thats true or not. Like I said, the majority of the music I play is chicano rap.
    FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE JUNK!!!
    13x7's ALL DAY...ANYTHING BIGGER IS A STOCK WHEEL.

DO YO' THANG MAN, FUCK WHAT THEY LOOKIN' AT. -ICE CUBE-

~IM STILL HERE~

Quote Originally Posted by Charger_on_22's View Post
    I stick to oldies, old school and some chicano rap and some old school black rap. I honestly can't stand any of that crap that these youngsters(I'm 38) put on blast and call rap these days. But I guess that's just the generation gap.
    I agree.

El ocho
    Car Club
    Fuk that

Quote Originally Posted by BigLos View Post
    I wouldnt be able to tell you if thats true or not. Like I said, the majority of the music I play is chicano rap.
    i listen to a wide range of music, rap(white-black-chicano), oldies, country, jazz, raggae, ect.. only thing i cant get the hang of is spanish
    if you can't drive it, its worthless that includes hoppers an show cars.

EL Gran Chingon

The way I see it is, chicano rap has it's divisions simply cuz of the gang affiliation over the Norte/Sur crap. I doubt many raza in L.A. bump Big Tone, Lil Raider or Lil Coner. Just like I don't hear much raza up here bumpin Frost, Proper Dos or Lil Rob. I don't gang bang no more, so I listen to whatever sounds good. But it has it's divisions still.

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Glide-In-Lows

The way I see it is, chicano rap has it's divisions simply cuz of the gang affiliation over the Norte/Sur crap. I doubt many raza in L.A. bump Big Tone, Lil Raider or Lil Coner. Just like I don't hear much raza up here bumpin Frost, Proper Dos or Lil Rob. I don't gang bang no more, so I listen to whatever sounds good. But it has it's divisions still.
    Yup agree wit u most aint to good anyway but have heard a couple of chicano rap songs that sound pretty gd but if u get caught hearing chicano rap everybody gonna think u a southsider
    GLIDE-IN-LOWS C.C. Aint going NOWHERE you will always see a plaque cruising tha streets of fresno!!Now representing in Nor Cal new chapter!!!R.I.P. Alex Grande down ass GLIDE-IN-LOW rider And a coo ass homie 7/31/11

~IM STILL HERE~

You are absolutely right about it being devided. (Sur/Norte) And it will never change. Thats why I said chicano rap. I meant all chicano rap put together From Cali, to Arizona, to Texas, to Where ever the artist might be from. Plus Im noticing that alot of people are misinterpreting my question and taking it as a Racial feud. Its didnt mean it be like that. But fuck it what can you do.

~IM STILL HERE~

Quote Originally Posted by Glideinlowcarclub View Post
    Yup agree wit u most aint to good anyway but have heard a couple of chicano rap songs that sound pretty gd but if u get caught hearing chicano rap everybody gonna think u a southsider
    But not all chicano rap is southside rap.

EL Gran Chingon

You are absolutely right about it being devided. (Sur/Norte) And it will never change. Thats why I said chicano rap. I meant all chicano rap put together From Cali, to Arizona, to Texas, to Where ever the artist might be from. Plus Im noticing that alot of people are misinterpreting my question and taking it as a Racial feud. Its didnt mean it be like that. But fuck it what can you do.
    I get what you mean about this topic. Gente needs to support gente, and I will usually pick chicano rap first. But I guess some people feel different.

~IM STILL HERE~

~IM STILL HERE~

I get what you mean about this topic. Gente needs to support gente, and I will usually pick chicano rap first. But I guess some people feel different.
    Exactly. And Im ok with people feeling the way they do about it. I just wanted to know why exactly. And I wanted to show them that not all chicano rap is garbage. There is some talent out there. I just wanted to share a lil' bit of it with everyone.

EL Gran Chingon

Exactly. And Im ok with people feeling the way they do about it. I just wanted to know why exactly. And I wanted to show them that not all chicano rap is garbage. There is some talent out there. I just wanted to share a lil' bit of it with everyone.
    Orale homie, it's all we can do. Que no?

~IM STILL HERE~

Orale homie, it's all we can do. Que no?
    yup.

Baller Poster

I guess its just where, when, and how u grew up. I have a wide range of music I play in my car. It goes from rodney o to chalino sanchez to ccr to payaso to brad paisley (country) to notorious big. Idgaf about what people think, I listen to what I feel like because its what my brain thinks sounds good, not cuz the lowlows are bumpin it.

And norte rap sucks point blank. I cannot relate to weird beats and words that don't flow.

Enthusiast Poster

Quote Originally Posted by gervais_85 View Post
    I guess its just where, when, and how u grew up. I have a wide range of music I play in my car. It goes from rodney o to chalino sanchez to ccr to payaso to brad paisley (country) to notorious big. Idgaf about what people think, I listen to what I feel like because its what my brain thinks sounds good, not cuz the lowlows are bumpin it.
    Hell yeah. I listen to anything my ear likes. Mostly that's west coast g funk from back in the day (late 80's-mid 90's). But I listen to everything. From Mozart to Eazy muthaphukkin E, and a little bit of everything in between. English, Spanish, or no lyrics at all.

Enthusiast Poster

Here's some raza that goes hard tho:

CRUIZR SKIRTZ & CONTI KIT
    Car Club
    ~MAJESTICS~ NORTH TX

Quote Originally Posted by playboi13 View Post
    That's true, I don't bump super gangster chicano rap.
    fool said super gangster

Baller Poster

I'm black, and i like some Latino /Chicano appears. Latino velvet was my ish back in the day, big pun, Cypress Hill, fat Joe, Chino xl, and some of the northern Cali appears, Texas has some heat too....but the southern rappers from LA ..I just can't get with it...mainly because the majority of cats I heard can't rap or stay on beat..jmo

Class Act
    Car Club
    Monkey Hoppers

Quote Originally Posted by DARKJUGGERNAUT View Post
    sounds like another blacks vs mexican topics..just silliness.who cares what playing in another mans ride...
    no just another fucking idealist trying to shove shit down peoples throat

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    .L.I.F.E. Cen, Cal

A.S r.i.p 12/17-1/11
    http://www.airassisted.com/

Altered Altitude Customs We stock all air suspension parts. Call Or Email for a Quote!
    Ship Same Day - Tracking Number Same Day
    Toll Free Tech Support 1-866-FUK-NLOW

22. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information