how far have u drivin on 13's - Page 2
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    OFF TOPICS MUTHAFUCKIST
    Car Club
    WESTSIDE C.C.

Quote Originally Posted by loco818 View Post
    Just wanted to get peoples input on this subject thinking about driving my towncar on 13's to Az any issues I should worry about besides gas/mileage at most I drive my car a good 50 miles a day but never 430 miles in one shot
    you should be ok if you got a good motor. make sure all your fluids are topped off. make sure your rims are on tight. raise the car to level and go. going across the desert highway isn't as bumpy as the city. its a lot smoother. from L.A. to PHX its about 5 hours if you're doing about 80 in a daily driver.

What would you do.... If I punked your whole crew.... Would you run like a bitch from me?
    Niggaz don't test... Cause we come from the west, yes.... the W-S to the C.

WESTSIDE!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    PADRINOS

drove mine from south san francisco to moreno valley to tijuana and back no problems in the summer it was 90's going through the valley no problem..........
    (JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS OUT THEY PULL ME BACK IN) 'MAKING IT HAPPEN' [PACOS 75 GLASSHOUSE]*PADRINOS*CALIFAS*====LOWRIDERS=LOWRODS=BOMBS=CLASSICS=HARLEYS===

O.G. Triple Triple
    Car Club
    Luxurious C.C.

It's a car. Drive it. 13's or not. Use the right adapters, tools (LEAD HAMMER-TIME!), check em on the first rest stop and roll em til they fall off (they won't, atleast not without an axle or splndle attached to it!) I've gone ANYWHERE I've 1000+ miles a week in comute (my fleetwood odometer works or I'd never know I drive that far a week lol), Back and forth between cincy, indy, and lexington a few times, any weather. Good idea to have bout 60-75 p.s.i. in a linc on 155/80s though, it'll handle alot better alot effortlessly( no swerving tryna keep it on the road when its windy or over 60 mph.)

Enthusiast Poster
    orginated in the 818 now reside in the 661 area
    Car Club
    estilow c.c.

Made it up with no problems did a mini tune up before I left spark plugs and wires oil change and air filter added some Lucas to the gas n Tranny n managed to get 22mpg all the way car was smooth as can be , as far as Psi Shit I didn't think I could go so.high I been rolling around with 45 Psi

Aspiring Poster

Drove from hou tx to laredo mx and back on 13...

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    free agent

Quote Originally Posted by MUFASA View Post
    L.A to Phx, back to L.A. all in the same day...

sup Aaron
    What up Mufasa.....how's it going ...ready for the first..

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    SOLO

45 minutes on the freeway.
    Quotes suck, you can quote me on that.

~Maniako Enfermo~
    Car Club
    Lizarde Hydraulics

WHATS EVERYONES EXTENSIONS ON THEIR UPPER A ARMS? AND DID THE TIRES NEED REPLACED AFTER A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF MILES?
    "Con Los Dedos... De La Mano... Mis Amigos Los Tengo Contados..."

Lizarde Hydraulics
    Complete installations, service, and repair...

Pot Head Poster

Quote Originally Posted by *FRANCISCO* View Post
    45 minutes on the freeway.

x2

Baller Poster

Cleveland to Toronto twice...no problems
    In Cleveland

CRUIZR SKIRTZ & CONTI KIT
    Car Club
    ~MAJESTICS~ NORTH TX

Quote Originally Posted by BrownAzt3ka View Post
    WHATS EVERYONES EXTENSIONS ON THEIR UPPER A ARMS? AND DID THE TIRES NEED REPLACED AFTER A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF MILES?
    1" ext

LAC RIDAH
    Car Club
    Lux mayne.

Same here, 1" shimmed in so when its down it barely pokes and when it's up its perfectly straight. Ride around with the front almos tlocked up all of the time. Use tires about as fast as if I didn't have juice. I never 3 wheel or let my tires lower that 50 psi either.
    From Dixie to Taylor I ride all day everyday kandy blue 77 lac coupe single gate no weight bladder or piston, 8 batts, on real d's I was born for this, this is my lifestyle not a hobby...... Much love to all my other ridahs on the street from Backyard bangers to Individuals I don't care how clean your car is..

"God is good!" -Payfred
    Still building glasses and lowriders. All day everyday.

Catch me on the streets everyday, b/c I never see ya'll.

~Maniako Enfermo~
    Car Club
    Lizarde Hydraulics

Quote Originally Posted by Skim View Post
    1" ext
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowridingmike View Post
    Same here, 1" shimmed in so when its down it barely pokes and when it's up its perfectly straight. Ride around with the front almos tlocked up all of the time. Use tires about as fast as if I didn't have juice. I never 3 wheel or let my tires lower that 50 psi either.
    YEAH THATS WHAT I WAS THINKING... I WONDER HOW MANY MILES YOU GET WITH 1.5" AND MORE EXTENSION.... PROBABLY NOT MUCH HUH?
    "Con Los Dedos... De La Mano... Mis Amigos Los Tengo Contados..."

Lizarde Hydraulics
    Complete installations, service, and repair...

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    GOODTIMES

VEGAS TO CALI AND BACK

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    -----------

Had a club member take a car from Saginaw Mi. to Dallas Tx. on 13"s with no issue.
    Ride in Peace Jimmy, the original King of Detroit

Car Club
    USO CC

Cincinnati to Detroit and back. 95 towncar, six batteries. 80-90 whole way on the interstate. It's like 5 hours not sure about mileage. 0 problems.

Car Club
    USO CC

Also, the town I live in now has a Cooper Tire factory. The guys I've met that work there say they take their cheapest tire line and test them with double the recommended weight and they don't fail til right at 200mph. Said they have to withstand that test up to 19-something or they consider the batch bad. Thought that was interesting.

Addict Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BrownAzt3ka View Post
    YEAH THATS WHAT I WAS THINKING... I WONDER HOW MANY MILES YOU GET WITH 1.5" AND MORE EXTENSION.... PROBABLY NOT MUCH HUH?
    I got about 2 to 4 thousand miles out of my front tires with 1.5 extension. The back tires still look great (full frame wrap, 2pumps, 8batts). I am planning on shimming my a-arms back, but didn't know how much since I do hop a little and my a-arms are not chained.

~BLOOD MONEY~
    Car Club
    CALIFORNIA ALL DAY

from san fran to the valley 4 1/2 hr drive on treses bumpin oldies

~~~Masta Ace- Sittin on Chrome~http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaGGFLHRt6c

Baller Poster

Quote Originally Posted by OGJordan View Post
    Also, the town I live in now has a Cooper Tire factory. The guys I've met that work there say they take their cheapest tire line and test them with double the recommended weight and they don't fail til right at 200mph. Said they have to withstand that test up to 19-something or they consider the batch bad. Thought that was interesting.
    Cooper Trendsetters were the shiznit!
    Speaking of tires and the shiznit, I rolled my lady's Caddi from the top of Idaho>Montana>Utah>VEGAS>San Bernadino>Crenshaw Blvd.>then the 101 back up North>Sacramento>Reno>Idaho on a family trip through-out a few weeks on some hankooks. Longest stretch was a 21 hour cruise. Did the same trip multiple times w/ the S-10 on a set of 20" spokes several yrs back. Make sure you lube those adapters and bring 2 hammers, and some pandora, lol.
    ~~~'81 "Baby Brougham"~~~
    ~~~~~Six-DuecePlex '62~~~~~
    ~~~~~'64 Rag de Ville~~~~~~
    1995 MERCEDES-BENZ SPORTLINE CONVERTIBLE (1 of 80)
    FOR SALE!

22. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information