Need Help with Difference in '59 Impala vs Bel Air vs Biscayne
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    9pm=Cruisin' Time
    Blog Entries

Default Need Help with Difference in '59 Impala vs Bel Air vs Biscayne

Maybe some pictures would help
    I have a guy who wants to see me a 59 Biscayne with a 350 Engine. The car is completely solid (straight wings, grill, doors etc). I know there is some chrome differences, so I'm here to ask for help with identifying the differences in the exterior and interior chrome, badges, etc.

If you have pictures, that would help even more. Thanks
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps EVER. Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to ‘Please Do Not Feed the Animals'. Their stated reason for the policy is because the animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Banned
    Car Club
    limited edition

i assume were talking 2dr impala had a roll down quarter window. the other 2 had a post by the quarter window. when your looking at a bel-air/biscayne your often missing lights 2 of them. the 59 had the same tail lights, very few options, and looked more plain jane. used chevy logos as aposed to impala.

like a work truck silverado with no extras, power steering, power windows, carpet, bone stock dish bowl hubcaps.

Class Act
    Car Club
    Monkey Hoppers

impala

biscayne

KICK ROCKS
    Car Club
    North Texas

the impala is a no post car as opposed to the bel-air/biscayne has a full frame door^^^^^^^
    6DEUCE BUILDERS CLUB
    "YOU CAN HAVE THE BADDEST CAR OUT THERE...BUT IT DOESNT MATTER IF YOU HAVE A SHITTY ATTITUDE. YOU CAN ALWAYS CHANGE A CAR..BUT NEVER CHANGE THE HEART OF A PERSON."Abel Perez

MAJESTICS NORTH TEXAS®...THA COAST 2 COAST CHAPTER...

62 HT---"Backyard Bully"
    91 Mustang 5.0---"Menace to Society"
    02 HD Electra Glide---"Monsta"

Baller Poster

If you're planning on building a Lowrider, ignore the guy. Period.

and noooow come the people saying that Biscaynes, BelAirs, DelRays, 4 doors, etc make great lowriders. Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by The Scientist View Post
    I have a guy who wants to see me a 59 Biscayne with a 350 Engine. The car is completely solid (straight wings, grill, doors etc). I know there is some chrome differences, so I'm here to ask for help with identifying the differences in the exterior and interior chrome, badges, etc.

If you have pictures, that would help even more. Thanks
    Worst. info. ever.
    a mexican named mark aguirre invented the first lowrider you hillbilly piece of shit how GTFO

Bay Area freeway rider
    Car Club
    EXCANDALOW

1964 Impala ss

1966 Impala http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index...owtopic=450818

1969 Imp rag http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index...owtopic=510089

1976 Caprice Glasshouse

dont fool yourself 4 doors are parts cars

9pm=Cruisin' Time
    Blog Entries

Here are the pics of the Biscayne. There are some trim pieces missing.

Anyone have pics of the interiors?

<br><br><br><br>
    Last edited by The Scientist; 12-30-2011 at 03:57 AM.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps EVER. Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to ‘Please Do Not Feed the Animals'. Their stated reason for the policy is because the animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.

Baller Poster

man the post really ruins the look for me....i will, however, admit that if no one would have said anything id probably have missed it

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    No Ones C.C. Denver

Post is a post...it's only one thing. The car looks great, I say go for it. You may kick yourself later.

And 4 doors do look great low.....lowlowlow, get over it.

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    No Ones C.C. Denver

Car Club
    INDIVIDUALS

Alot of hotrodders prefer the post cars.... not popular with the lowrider crowd. Biscayne is a stripped down, dechromed, bare bones model so dont expect alot. That one looks solid though.
    - www.Individualscc.com -

- THIS SHIT IS IN YOU, NOT ON YOU... YOU CANT WEAR IT LIKE A T-SHIRT!!! -

- The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low cost is forgotten. -

***The respect of those you respect is worth more than the applause of the multitude . — Arnold H. Glasow***

Car Club
    USO CC

The non Impala 59s are still pretty badass, I wouldn't lowride one myself, but lowrod style they're dope. Not big on chopping the top off cars, but a permanent convertible 59 lowrod

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    INDIVIDUALS

Looks good and solid,not popular in the lowrider world.
    But hey remember its ur pocket and ur style not anybody elses
    IF GOD IS WITH ME,WHO AGAINST ME?

9pm=Cruisin' Time
    Blog Entries

To be honest, if people want to try to "Out Class" each other, Cadillac is still General Motor's luxury vehicle line as it was back in 1959. I just wanted to know the noticible differences.

\m/ WTF? FTW! \m/

Whats up Fletch?

I think the roof is actually a little taller on them too (some post cars had a higher roof, but dont remember which ones).

either way, some cutting, metal work, TIG welding, a little chopping and that would make a bad ass roadster (who needs side windows, hahaha).
    Aircraft Hydraulics, Custom Machined Hydraulics. 100% Made in the USA. New Product Line Coming Soon.

9pm=Cruisin' Time
    Blog Entries

What's up Tattoo! You know me, I always have some crazy idea to do something. It would be easy to do a little cutting, welding and put some Impala trim on there and no one would know the difference! hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by TATTOO-76 View Post
    Whats up Fletch?

I think the roof is actually a little taller on them too (some post cars had a higher roof, but dont remember which ones).

either way, some cutting, metal work, TIG welding, a little chopping and that would make a bad ass roadster (who needs side windows, hahaha).

Banned
    Car Club
    limited edition

yeah i would put some impala trim. down the sides would help the look a nice color would help yeah its very nice

\m/ WTF? FTW! \m/

Quote Originally Posted by The Scientist View Post
    What's up Tattoo! You know me, I always have some crazy idea to do something. It would be easy to do a little cutting, welding and put some Impala trim on there and no one would know the difference! hahaha.
    I really dig customs. Take like 2" out of the front pillars and 4" out of the rear. remove the posts, ditch the door glass and quarter glass, make it a true roadster.

and an aircraft setup.
    Aircraft Hydraulics, Custom Machined Hydraulics. 100% Made in the USA. New Product Line Coming Soon.

\m/ WTF? FTW! \m/

I really dig customs. Take like 2" out of the front pillars and 4" out of the rear. remove the posts, ditch the door glass and quarter glass, make it a true roadster.

and an aircraft setup.

wait, you might be too tall for that.

9pm=Cruisin' Time
    Blog Entries

I may have to add 5 inches to the doors and then push the seats waaayyyy back.

wait, you might be too tall for that.

22. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information