TRUCK BED LIFT
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: TRUCK BED LIFT

Baller Poster

what are the different ways
    My friend and I want to lift the bed of his truck but i am a little curious to the various ways it can be done. Tilt beds, z-racks, multi stage any one looks good but how much work goes into it. he has a 1990 mazda truck thats we already lifted and done some other stuff to. All opinions are welcomed ad i'll try to post some pics of the truck later
    I've done suicide hoods, tilt beds, frame reinforcements, custom parts for cars and all forms of lowrider bikes.
    Whats next on the list?

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

MR Car Dancer

IT TAKES ALOT OF WORK...U ARE BETTER OFF JUST WITH ONE TILT.IF U WANT A Z RACK U NEED TO MAKE SURE IT FITS WITH IN THE FRAME RAILS,AND U KNOW HOW MANY PUMPS U ARE GOING TO USE,A PUMP IS A STAGE.SO 4 PUMPS 4 STAGES.U WILL NEED TO USE THICK FLATE PLATE TO BUILD THE FRAMING...OR THATS WHAT I USED
    Ryder'z Hydraulics (RMC) 361-779-1322 / 661-344-0562

CNC CUTTING ALL YOUR FRAME PLATES AND CUSTOM PARTS
    HELLRAISER (88 MAZDA) WORLD CHAMPION
    RAISENHELL (87 MAZDA) WORLD CHAMPION
    THE ELCO (PURPLE) WORLD CHAMPION
    NO LIMIT (88 TOYOTA) WORLD CHAMPION
    FREAKSHOW (85 ISUZU) 206 INCHES NATIONAL CHAMPION
    PUNISHER (87 MONTY) NATIONAL CHAMPION
    THE COWBOY (84 MAZDA) 94 INCHES STREET CHAMPION

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Bedrock

HELLRAISER is right, it's a Hell of allot of work to build and install a Z-rack.

My cousin finished my Z-rack this past April. He designed and installed it from scratch. It took over 50 hours of work to complete. This was the 3rd Z-rack that my cousin has ever built. He told me that the first rack he built back in 1993 was extremely hard to build because he had no experience and had made some mistakes with calculating pivit points which were corrected but added allot of hours to the build time. Now he is an expert. He is one of a dieing breed, there are very few people who have experience in designing and installing bed dancers.

Here are some photos of my Z-rack

some people have told me, I have a nice rack.
    "If it isn't broken then modify the hell out of it!"

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    Socios Bike Club

Originally posted by ScratchBuilderV@Jun 25 2008, 07:38 PM~10951984
    HELLRAISER is right, it's a Hell of allot of work to build and install a Z-rack.

My cousin finished my Z-rack this past April. He designed and installed it from scratch. It took over 45 hours of work to complete. This was the 3rd Z-rack that my cousin has ever built. He told me that the first rack he built back in 1993 was extremely hard to build because he had no experience and had made some mistakes with calculating pivit points which were corrected but added allot of hours to th build time. Now he is an expert. He is one of a dieing breed, there are very few people who have experience in designing and installing bed dancers.

www.socioscarclub.com

[B]SOCIOS MEMBER SINCE 2001

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    ''Majestics L.V''

Originally posted by ScratchBuilderV@Jun 25 2008, 08:38 PM~10951984

My cousin finished my Z-rack this past April. He designed and installed it from scratch. It took over 50 hours of work to complete. This was the 3rd Z-rack that my cousin has ever built. He told me that the first rack he built back in 1993 was extremely hard to build because he had no experience and had made some mistakes with calculating pivit points which were corrected but added allot of hours to the build time. Now he is an expert. He is one of a dieing breed, there are very few people who have experience in designing and installing bed dancers.

Man that bring back memories...... I hope beds take back off...I had alot of fun doing them.
    Black Magic Hydraulics
    We are 1%ers !!!!!!!!
    BLOOD makes you a "Relative" Loyalty makes you Family!!!!!
    1-866-624-4233
    Follow us on Facebook & Instagram @ Blackmagichydraulics

Authorized Distributors of the best hydraulic components in the world!!!

Accumax , Marzocchi , Rockford , Delta Power , Stucchi, Parker, Sky-Hi
    BMH has distributors worldwide to get you going with the best ,the best have to offer

CADILLAC MAFIA

WEST COAST WAY OF LIVIN, PAPER STACKS, BIG RACKS & CADILLAC'S
    MR. LACS CADILLAC PARTS & ACCESSORIES
    SPECIALIZING IN 77 THROUGH 96 RWD FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM & COUPE DE' VILLE PARTS!

(562)276-6005 Cell. >>>MR. LAC FEEDBACK<<<

CUSTOM CHROME, SHOW QUALITY, TRIPLE PLATING
    5712 CHERRY AVE
    LONG BEACH CA 90805
    (562)422-4046 Shop.

42" & 44" LINCOLN AND CADILLAC NOS MOON ROOF WEATHER SEALS

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Solo

Nice rack indeed.

Addict Poster

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    NADA

MY POPS HAD A Z RACK N THE 90S.. RICHARDS HYDRAULICS IN SALINAS CA DID IT.. LOT OF SHIT TO MAINTAIN
    85 CUTLASS :GONE
    65 IMPALA : GONE
    63 IMPALA : ???

I MISS U BABY!!
    EVELYN MORIYYA LANG-CANNON
    1/28/10

Aspiring Poster

anything bad ass takes some time, but if you realy want it its worth it. i searched the net for about a month and came up with about 20 photos before i designed and built mine. just takes some time. i used the 5 dump one pump thing that is explaned on this site. it gives 4 individual stages. heres some pics, i used i-beams and c-channel.

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    Truestyle CC

to me this is the ultimate reason for using dump manifold single pumps. u dont need the power of 4 pumps or to waste the room,so I'd do 1 pump with a dump manifold and a z-rack, would be awsome, considered it myself but support kinda fell thru the floor by the time i wouldve been ready. all i had was a few good diagrams and alot of thought to go by. anyone know where theres are some how to:? i dont even ever remember seeing them in lowrider magazine ever
    Build a man a fire, and he has warmth for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Spirit Industries

R&E Paint

Aspiring Poster

I would also like to know more about designing one of these if anybody has any info or close up pics.

Aspiring Poster

i would just advise to look all over the net for pics. its a pretty simple lay-out, they just look real complicated once all the hoses and such are in place everywere. my faults in mine are that my stages are short in length, which gives you less height. make your stages long, (metal layers) i would have also made my forward stage last on the pile to give you a big twist and better dancing. my forward is second in the pile. from what i have researched (mostly after the build) the pros have a short back stage, then a long right swing stage that goes all the way to the front of the cab, then left swing, then forward, then a small back stage again (for a spinner) . im hoping to get to making a spinner when i get time.

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Bedrock

Originally posted by rare1@Jul 8 2008, 10:32 AM~11036946
    I would also like to know more about designing one of these if anybody has any info or close up pics.
    I know how hard it is to find photos and info on the web for this subject so here are some more photos of my garden verity 3 Stage Double Diamond Z-Rack.

"If it isn't broken then modify the hell out of it!"

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    Fort Worth

1961 Impala Bubbletop CUMMIN Soon!!!!
    1961 Impala Vert
    1985 Buick Regal OG

"Loco 61 Build Up"

MY YOUTUBE

www.dfwcaststone.net

ULC
    SIX ONE RAG BUILDERS

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    Fort Worth

:0
    1961 Impala Vert
    1985 Buick Regal OG

"Loco 61 Build Up"

MY YOUTUBE

www.dfwcaststone.net

ULC
    SIX ONE RAG BUILDERS

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    Sophisticated Few - Tucson

Damn, these beds have come a long way. I built my 1st back in 84 or 85. It was not originally intended to be used on the streets. I was getting the truck painted a candy and wanted the area between the cab and bed painted. The paint shop wanted to charge me extra to remove the bed. I was young and like most young guys, broke. I loosened the rear bolts on the bed and removed all of the other bolts. I then tilted the bed up and supported it with a pair of stakes. This way the painter would have access to the area. I drove the truck around like that for a couple of weeks and even did a photo shoot like that before my turn in the paint booth. One of the bolts broke and I had a friend's dad weld a set of gate hinges to the frame. We went cruising in Phoenix and everyone freaked out on the truck. I was friends with a guy named DJ back in the day, many of you know him as Derrick Jahgroo. He saw it and our trucks look very alike (except his was a extra cab), he commented on how cool it looked and next thing I know he did it as well. I then added a second level so that I could tilt to the side or backwards. I soon discovered that if I did both it would sit up on a corner. This became known as a diamond tilt. Once out of the paint shop, we kind of like the way it looked so we added air shocks and a small air compressor that I could plug into the cigarette lighter. I had a relief valve to let the air out and lower the bed. A place called Hot Topics opened up in Phoenix and developed a convertible kit. They installed one for free on my truck and sponsored a few shows to build a name for themselves. I thought I was the shit until he broke out with a scissor rack. The following year he had a spinning snugtop and I quit trying to compete against him. hahaha. I used to get pulled over by cops all the time because they thought the bed was "falling off". It's weird that it caught on and took off like it did. I'm amazed at all the new innovations that have been added to the style. Below are pictures of my truck and the second one shows it before the paint in a picture frame as part of the display. This was the 86 World of Wheels where the truck took 1st place for full radical custom.

Sophisticated Few For Life!!

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    Fort Worth

Dat Back In The Day.... :0
    1961 Impala Vert
    1985 Buick Regal OG

"Loco 61 Build Up"

MY YOUTUBE

www.dfwcaststone.net

ULC
    SIX ONE RAG BUILDERS

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    M a j e s t i c s

what ever happened to Derrick Jahgroo? his truck was tight!
    RIP Ruben Anthony Del Rio Jr. "WATU"
    1979 Cadillac Coupe Deville "TWEETY" out soon.

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    Sophisticated Few - Tucson

I heard he is in Texas now after moving around the country a bit. I also heard he still has the truck in his garage.
    Sophisticated Few For Life!!

22. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information