Do's and don'ts of Accumulators - Page 4
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Baller Poster
    Car Club
    ryderz c.c

Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Jul 22 2009, 10:28 AM~14549161
    Hydroholics has a very good reputation on LIL.* Personally, I've ordered from them and was very pleased with their service.* I would recommend them, and do business again.
    I got mixed up in wrong post i thought he was talking about real hydraulics!
    friends dont let friends hop junk! ................ we dont buy shit built and put our name on it! we build it for others to put there name on it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Homies

Thanks for all the responses. Does anyone have pics of setups with their accumulators? Looking for ideas.

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    GROUPE

Originally posted by Coupe DTS@Jul 22 2009, 02:08 PM~14551438
    * Even if they're upside down the 300psi behind the bladder will still push the oil out of them.

x2, it doesn't matter up or down or sideways, once the cylinders are down and the pressure is out of the accums. All the oil in the system doesn't go back into the tank.
    Life is like a jar of Jalapenos
    Whats good today
    Can get you in the end tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    GROUPE

Originally posted by Coupe DTS@Jul 22 2009, 02:08 PM~14551438
    * Even if they're upside down the 300psi behind the bladder will still push the oil out of them.

Dam double posted.
    Whats good today

The repair manual
    Car Club
    TRUESTYLE C.C.

Originally posted by 84Homies@Jul 22 2009, 08:43 PM~14554258
    Thanks for all the responses. Does anyone have pics of setups with their accumulators? Looking for ideas.
    just where ever you can fit a T in and they accumes fit then do that, you dont have a ton of options, it just depends on how your pumps are already plumbed.
    TRUESTYLE C.C. Topic

Ride With Me

SPELL CHECK
    Car Club
    Twizted Stylz

Originally posted by AndrewH+Jul 22 2009, 02:33 PM~14550421-->
    or you could just use the .5's with a spring and not have to worry
    [/b]
    I have some of those too. But instead of 2-3 licks, those will take like 1 lick of the switch before it lifts.

<!--QuoteBegin-CoupeDTS
    @Jul 22 2009, 04:08 PM~14551438
    with mine i notice you can lower the car and when the suspension is bottomed out you can continue to hold the switch down and you can hear the pressure release out of the accumies.* So just lower it till the car stops and there will still be oil in the accumies, if you hold it down it pushes the oil out of em.

But me personally i put mine pointing up and i release all the pressure out of them because i dont drive my car much and having that pressure on them ALL the time probably aint good.* Even if theyre upside down the 300psi behind the bladder will still push the oil out of them.
    Cars, trucks, motorcycles

SPELL CHECK
    Car Club
    Twizted Stylz

Originally posted by edmunds costoms hyd@Jul 22 2009, 08:45 PM~14554302
    x2,* * it doesn't matter up or down or sideways, once the cylinders are down and the pressure is out of the accums. All the oil in the system doesn't go back into the tank.* So it doesn't matter witch angle they sitting.
    That's true. I guess I should have just said don't dump it all the way. It's a little easier to bleed with them upside down though. Otherwise, you have to shake all that trapped air back out.

CAROLINA ROLLER
    Car Club
    RollerZ Only c.c.

Originally posted by 84Homies@Jul 22 2009, 09:43 PM~14554258

2014 lowrider awarness in Carolinas,,,
    Carolina Lowrider Nights
    Charlotte NC

Cruze it , show it off , bring it out, make it known
    C.L.N 5th Annual Picnic April 2014 ....more details soon!
    MORE INFO>>>>
    https://www.facebook.com/events/601217989889802/

all info & updates,coverage,contacts >>>> https://www.facebook.com/CarolinaLowriderNights

.....still hittin switches in Tha Carolinas!!!

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    GROUPE

This was my rear pump, it has blocker dumps so you can lock it up and 3 wheel. And slowdowns to shut the flow off to the accums all together.

Whats good today

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    Truestyle CC

I gotta plum somthing like that soon. but i was wanting the big clutch lever looking shutoffs, dont know exactly what i should be looking for, just know i want somthing i can turn off with one crank of the handle
    Build a man a fire, and he has warmth for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Spirit Industries

R&E Paint

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    GROUPE

Originally posted by Andrew@Jul 24 2009, 07:03 PM~14574906
    I gotta plum something like that soon. but i was wanting the big clutch lever looking shutoffs, dont know exactly what i should be looking for, just know i want something i can turn off with one crank of the handle
    I would have used the big lever type too, but I had 8 of these slowdowns . So went with them. And they were stainless. They were more for tightening up the ride up cause the accums on there would have a good little flow bounce.

But then I had changed them out with the CCE ones, and it road even better.
    Whats good today

...old school at heart...
    Car Club
    HOMIES C.C.

Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Jul 22 2009, 09:37 AM~14547608
    Here's a "do" suggestion:

If you mount them upside down so that the fitting is on top, when you dump the car, gravity will hold oil in the accumulator.* When you go to lift the car, it will lift a little quicker.

If you mount them fitting side down, they'll drain more completely, and have to refill before it lifts.*

That 1 extra flick of the switch is the difference between people complaining about "slow response" and happy driving.
    no shit...first tap is to fill the acc(s) then after that everylift is a lift...thats all for me...

and i 3 occasionally with no problesm...yet...!!!

SPELL CHECK
    Car Club
    Twizted Stylz

Originally posted by AndrewH@Jul 24 2009, 09:03 PM~14574906
    I gotta plum somthing like that soon. but i was wanting the big clutch lever looking shutoffs, dont know exactly what i should be looking for, just know i want somthing i can turn off with one crank of the handle
    I have Parker ball valves. I'll post a pic...

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    1 MAN SHOW

interesting shit.
    CHROME SHOPPE 509.594.3473
    ''Cause powder coating is for tractors.''

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    Eternal Rollerz C.C.

Originally posted by white link 93@Jul 24 2009, 04:27 AM~14565675

i always see the accumulators plugged next to the pumps and to be true i did so too on my rear pumps but its better to put em next to the cylinders for a better work
    Everybody said its impossible. Someone came, didnt knew about it and just did it

My Ride - Cadillac Coupe DeVille

You are from Europe - Post your Ride in here!

SPELL CHECK
    Car Club
    Twizted Stylz

Originally posted by weatmaster@Jul 27 2009, 08:28 AM~14591322
    i always see the accumulators plugged next to the pumps and to be true i did so too on my rear pumps but its better to put em next to the cylinders for a better work
    I had them T'ed off the cylinders and hated it. They would shake loose from movement, bang into shit, and in my case a '94 Fleetwood has a computer (CCM) right where the left cylinder comes through the trunk floor, and the accumulator banged into the CCM, shorting it out, putting a huge dent in the metal case, and tore through at least 4 wires in the harness. I have since made all the necessary repairs and plumbed them off the pumps. Just my $0.02.

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    ROYAL RIDERS

ON A 3 PUMP SETUP, RUNNING ONE ON EACH REAR, CAN YOU STILL HOP THE FRONT ? WITH THE REAR END LOCKED UP , ANYONE DO THIS OR KNOW IF ITS SAFE?

IM THINKING OF BUYING SOME AND JUST WANTED TO KNOW CUZ I HAVE A 3 PUMP SETUP IN MINE
    common sense aint so common

Enthusiast Poster

Whats up with them cylinder ones from black magic?? any info on them accums?
    I Only Ride Luxury

The Game Needs Me
    Car Club
    Retired veteran

*there never is a need for acumulators up front in any ride, just a waste of space/money. Deadhead is shutoffs on my setup, you can see the bombs just underneath.

Addict Poster

Originally posted by buggsyjackrabbit@Oct 11 2009, 07:42 AM~15323584
    ON A 3 PUMP SETUP,* * RUNNING ONE ON EACH REAR,* CAN YOU STILL HOP THE FRONT ? WITH THE REAR END LOCKED UP , ANYONE DO THIS OR KNOW IF ITS SAFE?* *

IM THINKING OF BUYING SOME AND JUST WANTED TO KNOW CUZ I HAVE A 3 PUMP SETUP IN MINE
    good question

22. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information