Multi Battery Charger
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Baller Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Norwalk
    Car Club
    Latins Finest SGV Chapter
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Multi Battery Charger

    I have a SE-1072 that I have been using to charge my 8 batteries. I have 2 banks of 4 and I set it to 48 volts and wire both banks parallel with the charger. I usually keep an eye on it for when the needle gets to 0.

    I have 2 questions:

    1. If one of the batteries is 90 percent charged and I leave the charger charging it with the rest of the series, will that kill my battery? or will it load balance over to the rest?
    2. If my batteries are at 80% and I leave the charger on over night and lets say it gets to 0 at 2 am and I don't check it until 6, will I kill my batteries because they where full for the last 4 hours? or does it trickle charge them?
    Online 3D Lowrider Game - WWW.THELOWRIDERGAME.COM
    Premium Lowrider Game App: Android - IPhone/IPad
    Deluxe Lowrider Game App: Android - IPhone/IPad
    Pro Lowrider Game App: Android - IPhone/IPad
    www.lowriderspot.com - Online Lowrider Forum

  2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Baller Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Norwalk
    Car Club
    Latins Finest SGV Chapter
    Posts
    1,568

    Default

    Bump

  4. #3
    Baller Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,137

    Default

    If you're charging them while in parallel they are being over stressed at 48v

    Charge at 48v when 4 are in series.

    1) no it will not even out. If one is 99% and the other 1% it won't fix itself to charge them evenly.

    2)that charger has been known to overcharge batteries. Don't trust its meter.
    Last edited by Chicago-n; 07-27-2012 at 08:00 PM.

  5. #4
    Baller Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Norwalk
    Car Club
    Latins Finest SGV Chapter
    Posts
    1,568

    Default

    Yeah its 2 banks of 4 batteries which are in a series.

    so if that charger is not good, then is there any multi battery charger that's good for this?

  6. #5
    Baller Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,137

    Default

    It is good.
    Just use it as instructed.

  7. #6
    Baller Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Norwalk
    Car Club
    Latins Finest SGV Chapter
    Posts
    1,568

    Default

    I didn't get no instructions with mine.

  8. #7
    Baller Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Car Club
    Strictly Business
    Posts
    696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DRUID View Post
    I didn't get no instructions with mine.
    Here you go homie, just click " Get this manual"
    http://powertool.manualsonline.com/m...er/se1072.html

    "Leave sooner, drive slower, live longer"

  9. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements
     


 

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts