2003 Chevy Trailblazer w Bose
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    ~Individuals CC~
    Car Club
    INDIVIDUALS CC

Installing sub and amp combo....
    I have a 6 disc indash that I want to keep. I am trying to add a Output converter and install an amp and sub combo. I have read that I have to wire the converter directly to the speaker side of the BOSE amp. Is this the only way?

A shop mentioned I could run it off a left door speaker.

I need to know where to locate the bose factory amp. I want the bose to remain intact, with the added knock of the sub....

Do I need any special interface seeing that I'm leaving the Bose and adding to it?
    Thanks...

Michael "Junior" Lumpkin 5/4/1954 - 4/23/2010

"I'm an INDIVIDUAL; We ride EVERY Sunday." - POOH

ADEX Equipped
    DEKA Powered
    BACKYARD Built
    BUMPER all day!

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Addict Poster

Easy..

Use a high/low level converter with a remote on, and run it from any speaker, preferrable one of your rears...

Then run your RCA's from that to the amp

Pretty simple, and if you buy the model with the remote on, you dont need to run a 12V line to the back off the accessory!
    |2003 Eclipse GTS Fully Loaded | 230A Alternator | 65 Ft Knu Flek 0/1 | DC Audio XL12 | 2 x AudioQue2200D's | Hertz 6.5 Front | Alpine Type R 6x9 rear | Memphis MC3004 | 3 x D3100 Batts |

~Individuals CC~
    Car Club
    INDIVIDUALS CC

Originally posted by S10laynframe@Aug 26 2006, 12:26 AM~6045903
    Pretty simple, and if you buy the model with the remote on, you dont need to run a 12V line to the back off the accessory!
    How can I tell if its remote powered? I didnt even know such a thing existed.

What about a C2A-GM24? I guess its a plug that has the LOC prewired before the amp.

Also, I am running a Soundstream Rubicon 1002 to 1 S15L7 Kicker which has dual 4 ohm voice coils. I have the speaker wired to 2 ohms. Will this maximize the output of the amp?

Its supposed to be 1000 x 1 RMS @ 4 ohm AND 2 ohms.

Whats the difference?

ADEX Equipped
    DEKA Powered
    BACKYARD Built
    BUMPER all day!

~Individuals CC~
    Car Club
    INDIVIDUALS CC

Originally posted by S10laynframe@Aug 26 2006, 12:26 AM~6045903
    Easy..
    Use a high/low level converter with a remote on, and run it from any speaker, preferrable one of your rears...

Then run your RCA's from that to the amp

I'm told the rear speakers are a x-over signal, so I will have to go to the OEM sub in the console. I am fucking confused.
    I just copped a Scosche FAI-3A. You mentioned using one speaker, but the amp inputs are left and right, just like the output converter.

If I'm using one left rear speaker, where does the right come in?

Do I only use the left input on the amp?

I checked and the factory full range sounds comes from the front doors only. I guess I'll hire someone.

ADEX Equipped
    DEKA Powered
    BACKYARD Built
    BUMPER all day!

6. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information