LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

Wire diagrams/ color codes for a radio?

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  sincitykid 
#1 ·
If anyone can help? I need the diagram for the radio or color codes to try and set the radio up right. Its not holding the memory or time on the clock. any help would be good. it has a sony in it now so it needs to be wired up right. just got the car also.

#2 ·
Originally posted by sincitykid@Feb 17 2009, 11:21 AM~13029009
If anyone can help? I need the diagram for the radio or color codes to try and set the radio up right. Its not holding the memory or time on the clock. any help would be good. it has a sony in it now so it needs to be wired up right. just got the car also.

1986-89 Mercury Grand Marquis Stereo Wiring

Constant 12V+ Green/Yellow
Switched 12V+ Yellow/Black
Illumination Blue/Red
Dimmer n/a
Antenna Trigger Orange/Blue
Antenna Right Front
Front Speakers 4" Dash
Left Front (+) Orange/Green
Left Front (-) Black/White
Right Front (+) White/Green
Right Front (-) Black/White
Rear Speakers 6" x 9" Rear Deck
Left Rear (+) Pink/Green
Left Rear (-) Pink/Blue
Right Rear (+) Pink/Blue
Right Rear (-) Green/Orange

#3 ·
Originally posted by sincitykid@Feb 17 2009, 11:21 AM~13029009
Your problem is gonna be Constant 12V. your yellow and red wire from radio are probly gonna be hooked up to the same wire in the car. And you might wanna check your fuses before anything. To find your Constant 12V without using the wire color guide get your 12v current tester and check the remaining wires till one makes your tester light up and that your Constant 12V that keeps your memory and clock ect.

#4 ·
Originally posted by sincitykid@Feb 17 2009, 01:21 PM~13029009
you crossed the yellow constant wire with the accesory wire..just swap the wire thats connected to the yellow to the red, and the wire thats connected to the red onto the yellow..POOF UR DONE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.