RetroSound... Car Stereo Forum Sponsor. - Page 2
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Aspiring Poster
    Car Club
    USO C.C.

Installed this unit in my 64 Impala and it sucks, It was hard to install, the nobs don't match 64 nobs. The factory stereo right side nob hole is larger and stereo flops around (the nobs are how the stereo is secured) there is static in the stereo for AUX, USB and Radio even at volume 1 there is a lot of static as soon as you turn it all the way down to min the static stops. Amplifiers make the static stronger and blew two JBL GTO938 6x9's. I plugged my iPod directly into the RCA's on the amp just to make sure it was the stereo and of course it was. I had to disconnect the stereo nobs electrically because they continue to scroll through screens by itself so I have to only use the remote.photo.JPGOn the picture you can see how I had to shim out the nob and try to make it look nice. Horrible Stereo, Horrible Stereo
    58 Impala - Project
    64 Impala - Complete
    66 Impala - Project
    72 Monte - Complete

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Addict Poster

Quote Originally Posted by melow72 View Post
    Installed this unit in my 64 Impala and it sucks, It was hard to install, the nobs don't match 64 nobs. The factory stereo right side nob hole is larger and stereo flops around (the nobs are how the stereo is secured) there is static in the stereo for AUX, USB and Radio even at volume 1 there is a lot of static as soon as you turn it all the way down to min the static stops. Amplifiers make the static stronger and blew two JBL GTO938 6x9's. I plugged my iPod directly into the RCA's on the amp just to make sure it was the stereo and of course it was. I had to disconnect the stereo nobs electrically because they continue to scroll through screens by itself so I have to only use the remote.Attachment 533864On the picture you can see how I had to shim out the nob and try to make it look nice. Horrible Stereo, Horrible Stereo
    Wow bro! That looks like one Frankenstein of a radio! Lol!
    You should try contacting their tech support team asap. One thing I know from experience is that they stand by their product and will be more than willing to help you out.
    Sales, service, and installations of all car audio systems, record players, reverbs, and color bars.

Boman Style Colorbars... http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?s...c=541085&st=320

VIBRASONICS... http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index...owtopic=565946

facebook... http://www.facebook.com/HcatsAutoAccessories

Instagram... http://instagram.com/hcat_fiddy4/

...old school at heart...
    Car Club
    Impalas Car Club

Quote Originally Posted by melow72 View Post
    Installed this unit in my 64 Impala and it sucks, It was hard to install, the nobs don't match 64 nobs. The factory stereo right side nob hole is larger and stereo flops around (the nobs are how the stereo is secured) there is static in the stereo for AUX, USB and Radio even at volume 1 there is a lot of static as soon as you turn it all the way down to min the static stops. Amplifiers make the static stronger and blew two JBL GTO938 6x9's. I plugged my iPod directly into the RCA's on the amp just to make sure it was the stereo and of course it was. I had to disconnect the stereo nobs electrically because they continue to scroll through screens by itself so I have to only use the remote.Attachment 533864On the picture you can see how I had to shim out the nob and try to make it look nice. Horrible Stereo, Horrible Stereo
    wow, i was really considering getting one of these too... i'm comparing these with the custom autosound ones... but man, sounds like your having a hell of a time with it...

...old school at heart...
    Car Club
    Impalas Car Club

well, no answer... went with a pioneer, i KNOW that brand works...

Aspiring Poster

Hello everyone. Sorry for the late response.

melow72,
    All the Impala's from 61-64 can be challenging to install any shafted style stereo because of its odd shaft hole configuration.
    It can also be difficult if you don't have all the parts.

Your kit should have came with a filler bezel that helps cover the oversize hole that is to the right of the display.
    It's a black plastic piece that looks like an oversize washer. If you are missing it please let me know and I'll drop one in the mail for you.

You can also purchase shaft bezels from your local Impala parts house. They should be the same chrome rings that are used on the dash for your headlight switch and vent.

As far as any other issues you are having please give us a call.
    Like hcat54 said, we stand by our products and we are here to help.

Here's a couple of Impala dashes that hcat54 built for us as part of our display for this years SEMA Show.
    These dashes are sporting our new Zuma Radio.IMG_2271.JPGIMG_2273.JPGIMG_2274.JPGIMG_2275.JPGIMG_2276.JPG

Addict Poster

Quote Originally Posted by RETROSOUNDUSA View Post
    Hello everyone. Sorry for the late response.

melow72,
    All the Impala's from 61-64 can be challenging to install any shafted style stereo because of its odd shaft hole configuration.
    It can also be difficult if you don't have all the parts.

Your kit should have came with a filler bezel that helps cover the oversize hole that is to the right of the display.
    It's a black plastic piece that looks like an oversize washer. If you are missing it please let me know and I'll drop one in the mail for you.

You can also purchase shaft bezels from your local Impala parts house. They should be the same chrome rings that are used on the dash for your headlight switch and vent.

As far as any other issues you are having please give us a call.
    Like hcat54 said, we stand by our products and we are here to help.

Here's a couple of Impala dashes that hcat54 built for us as part of our display for this years SEMA Show.
    These dashes are sporting our new Zuma Radio.Attachment 562754Attachment 562755Attachment 562756Attachment 562757Attachment 562753
    Sales, service, and installations of all car audio systems, record players, reverbs, and color bars.

Boman Style Colorbars... http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?s...c=541085&st=320

VIBRASONICS... http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index...owtopic=565946

facebook... http://www.facebook.com/HcatsAutoAccessories

Instagram... http://instagram.com/hcat_fiddy4/

Aspiring Poster
    Car Club
    USO C.C.

The Sound Quality Was too poor for my liking so I opted to cut the Dash IMG_1131.jpgand I went with Kenwood
    58 Impala - Project
    64 Impala - Complete
    66 Impala - Project
    72 Monte - Complete

Aspiring Poster

Aspiring Poster

Aspiring Poster

Aspiring Poster

like mine.... still learning how to make it work

Aspiring Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalaBob60 View Post
    like mine.... still learning how to make it work
    Give us a call. We'll walk you through it.

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    OBSESSION CC TEAM PLAYER

Lookin good...
    64 Vert "RED RIDE n THE HOOD"
    61 Vert "I AINT the ONE"
    57 Vert "THA BLUEZ"

57 BUILD TOPIC
    http://www.layitlow.com/forums/29-pr...nvertible.html

I BLEED DODGER BLUE!!!

Aspiring Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BIG WHIT 64 View Post
    Lookin good...
    Thanks!

Good post

Aspiring Poster

Addict Poster

Any type of unit that will work for a 77 monte carlo?

20. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information