Subwoofer enclosure for Mazda b2200
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Enthusiast Poster

Default Subwoofer enclosure for Mazda b2200

So I'm getting a Mazda B2200 and building it into a mini truck lowrider and I of course want a system in it. With a hydraulic setup and also a subwoofer for the sound system ... I need to know what I need to do to be able to have a subwoofer in the vehicle.

So at first I was thinking about building a blow through ported sub box going from the truck bed into the cabin .. But I have a question about it .. So with hydraulics the whole car will shake and will this be a problem with the
    sub box port because if the truck bed and cabin twist it will break the blow through port? ... Any suggestions a personal experiences?

So basically I want a Lowrider mini truck with hudraulics and a ported/bandpass subwoofer enclosure.

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Enthusiast Poster

back in the day i remember a few trucks having a fat rubber seal between the bed and the cab so it could still flex.

Baller Poster

[QUOTE=jjbestarecognize6fo;22972274]So I'm getting a Mazda B2200 and building it into a mini truck lowrider and I of course want a system in it. With a hydraulic setup and also a subwoofer for the sound system ... I need to know what I need to do to be able to have a subwoofer in the vehicle.

So at first I was thinking about building a blow through ported sub box going from the truck bed into the cabin .. But I have a question about it .. So with hydraulics the whole car will shake and will this be a problem with the
    sub box port because if the truck bed and cabin twist it will break the blow through port? ... Any suggestions a personal experiences?

Most will not recommend a blow through because it will break, and that's on a non lifted vehicle. But I've seen the rubber boots before. I Want To Say They Are Some Type Of Camper Boot. I could be wrong. Check out steve Meade designs website, they have done a few blow thru builds on there. Good luck and post pic for us.
    Slow and low is a way of life.

Enthusiast Poster

[QUOTE=Jahlg;22972786]
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbestarecognize6fo View Post
    So I'm getting a Mazda B2200 and building it into a mini truck lowrider and I of course want a system in it. With a hydraulic setup and also a subwoofer for the sound system ... I need to know what I need to do to be able to have a subwoofer in the vehicle.

Most will not recommend a blow through because it will break, and that's on a non lifted vehicle. But I've seen the rubber boots before. I Want To Say They Are Some Type Of Camper Boot. I could be wrong. Check out steve Meade designs website, they have done a few blow thru builds on there. Good luck and post pic for us.
    yea ive been following Steve Meade for along time but never seen him build something for this small of a vehicle ... but im not sure if the box will be blow through because i want to put juice on the truck and there is going to be alot of movement between the truck bed and cabin that might damage the port.. so if im able to remove the bench seats and replace it with two regular seats i might have enough space for a center console enclosure.

Baller Poster

Yeah, going to be a ton of movement between cab and bed. Maybe if frame wrapped it would lessen the movement? I wouldn't think the port would withstand it. What if the box was attached to the front of the bed, with the rubber boot being the only part that can move? I'm sure you aren't the first to do this combo. It's got to be possible.
    Slow and low is a way of life.

Baller Poster

is this the exact style of truck with extended cab part?

World wide suffering - GOD?

H
    ate religion, Love Jesus
    _

Baller Poster

If so I would build a half wall up to the window line with subs facing you and port up on one side similar to this:
    [IMG][/IMG]

H
    ate religion, Love Jesus
    _

Baller Poster

A blow through is essentially a 4th and or 6th order bandpass enclosure and unless you're an expert with math and thiele small parameters I wouldn't do it.

H
    ate religion, Love Jesus
    _

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    OUR STYLE CC

I have a blow threw in my work Truch ford f150 I used a rubber boot we used from camper store I all so had a walk threw in my s10 with a wall with 4 c 15 sub and hydro s yes it does twist but it will work

Enthusiast Poster

So at 1st I thought it was going to be a regular cab .. But found out that it is an extended cab which I was great fun to hear and yea it will be way easier to work with all the space in the back .. Thanks guys

Enthusiast Poster

I'm probably going to build either a T-Line single enclosure or a simple single or double single port enclosure .. And have the hudraulics system in the bed covered .
    How do u guys recommend installing the cylinders in the rear axles? Should I do a custom coil over setup like this? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...da/truck36.jpg

Enthusiast Poster

And how do I work with the leaf springs?

Baller Poster

I did a dodge ram back in the nineties just like that with the bridge and it worked great. As for the leafs if you notice in the pic you posted there's extensions that have been installed between the frame and the leafs allowing for the hydro cylinders to move, notice the new bolt on the frame where the leaf used to connect

H
    ate religion, Love Jesus
    _

The Peoples Choice
    Car Club
    Majestics

So basically I want a Lowrider mini truck with hudraulics and a ported/bandpass subwoofer enclosure.
    Hell yeah

Enthusiast Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Rohrer View Post
    I did a dodge ram back in the nineties just like that with the bridge and it worked great. As for the leafs if you notice in the pic you posted there's extensions that have been installed between the frame and the leafs allowing for the hydro cylinders to move, notice the new bolt on the frame where the leaf used to connect
    So what u sayin is to do the bridge and extended the leaf springs a little farther from the frame for the cylinders to move correct.. Would doing a four link better or would just extending the leafs springs off the frame just good?

Baller Poster

So what u sayin is to do the bridge and extended the leaf springs a little farther from the frame for the cylinders to move correct.. Would doing a four link better or would just extending the leafs springs off the frame just good?
    That I'm not sure of, I would post that Q in the hydro section.

H
    ate religion, Love Jesus
    _

I have a 90 cab plus b2200, I was planning on doing 9 15s on the bed but decided not to cause ill be doing a z rack later on. I did a custom sealed enclosure for 2 12s.

unnamed.jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg

Baller Poster

Quote Originally Posted by FEEMC View Post
    I have a 90 cab plus b2200, I was planning on doing 9 15s on the bed but decided not to cause ill be doing a z rack later on. I did a custom sealed enclosure for 2 12s.

Attachment 1938513
    Attachment 1938505
    Real nice work, bet it sounds great!

H
    ate religion, Love Jesus
    _

This sounds really great. An amazing work

21. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information