93 FLEETWOOD PASS KEY FAULT
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Addict Poster
    Car Club
    DRASTIC MEASURES CAR CLUB

CAR WONT CRANK OVER
    I HAVE A BIT OF A PROBLEM WITH MY CADDY . WENT TO START IT AND IT WOULDNT TURN OVER AND THE PASS KEY FAULT STAYED ON DAM CHANGED THE BATTERY AND NOTHING ,,,SO I ASKED AROUND AND I WAS TOLD THAT IT SOUNDS LIKE THE KEY WAS NOT MAKING CONTACT IN THE TUMBLER... OK SO WENT TO THE DEALER AND PICKED ONE UP TUMBLER AND ALL ...THEY CUT ME A KEY THAT WAS CODED WITH THE SAME CODE AS THE OLD ONE... SO I INSTALLED IT AND STILL THE SAME THING,,,NO START ..I HAVE CHECK IT ALL STARTER RELY FUEL PUMP RELAY...FUSES U NAME IT I EVEN LOOKED FO BROKEN WIRES ,,SERVICE SOON LIGHT IS ON AND I JUMPED THE DTC AND THE CODE READ #46 WHICH IN THE MAINTANCE MANAUL SAY IT THE PASS KEY FAULT........I NEED HELP IS THERE ANY ONE THAT HAS HAD THIS HAPPEN TO THEM AND KNOW OF A FIX OR WHAT THE PROBLEM IS .IS THER SOMETHING I OVER LOOKED OR DIDNT DO.. SOME TYPE OF RESET OR DID DO SOMETHING WRONG.......PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP
    86 EL CAMINO...QUE LUCK
    93 FLEETWOOD BIG BODY. THEFT RECOVERY
    02 tahoe...LADYS RIDE
    DRASTICUKNOW@HOTMAIL.COM
    DRASTIC MEASURES CAR CLUB... U KNOW ALWAYS ROLL ON DAYTONS

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    GOODTIMES sin city

happened to me on a caprice i just disconnected the battery for a couple days and when i hooked it back up it worked,might have just been dumb luck but it worked for me
    you've gotta put in the work to enjoy having the "GOOD TIMES"

lil mo hydraulics
    620-708-5647
    STILL
    a proud black magic hydraulics dist.
    and employee
    1866magic33

Addict Poster
    Car Club

Originally posted by kansasfull@Nov 8 2009, 08:06 PM~15602564
    happened to me on a caprice i just disconnected the battery for a couple days and when i hooked it back up it worked,might have just been dumb luck but it worked for me
    LET ME TRY THAT HOW MANY DAYS U THINK
    86 EL CAMINO...QUE LUCK
    02 tahoe...LADYS RIDE
    DRASTICUKNOW@HOTMAIL.COM

Baller Poster

I haven't heard of the CEL light light being triggered on by the pass key system. Sometimes something as simple as a dirty battery or bad connection fixes the problem, bur you said you just bought one. Might be the CCM.

~RIP BIG MIKE~

Originally posted by drasticlolo@Nov 9 2009, 12:00 AM~15602496
    I HAVE A BIT OF A PROBLEM WITH MY CADDY . WENT TO START IT ANDÂ* IT WOULDNT TURN OVER AND THE PASS KEY FAULT STAYED ON DAM CHANGED THE BATTERY AND NOTHING ,,,SO I ASKED AROUND AND I WAS TOLD THAT IT SOUNDS LIKE THE KEY WAS NOT MAKING CONTACT IN THE TUMBLER... OK SO WENT TO THE DEALER AND PICKED ONE UP TUMBLER AND ALL ...THEY CUT ME A KEY THAT WAS CODED WITH THE SAME CODE AS THE OLD ONE... SO I INSTALLED IT AND STILL THE SAME THING,,,NO START ..I HAVE CHECK IT ALL STARTER RELY FUEL PUMP RELAY...FUSES U NAME IT I EVEN LOOKED FO BROKEN WIRES ,,SERVICE SOON LIGHT IS ON AND I JUMPED THE DTC AND THE CODE READ #46 WHICH IN THE MAINTANCE MANAUL SAY IT THE PASS KEY FAULT........I NEED HELP IS THERE ANY ONE THAT HAS HAD THIS HAPPENÂ* TO THEM AND KNOW OF A FIX OR WHAT THE PROBLEM IS .IS THER SOMETHING I OVER LOOKED OR DIDNT DO.. SOME TYPE OF RESET OR DID DO SOMETHING WRONG.......PM ME IF YOU CAN HELP
    you got to wait for that light to go off then you can start it.
    LETS PRAY FOR OG KITA & PLEASE VISIT THE LINK AND DONATE http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...recovery/72997

Addict Poster
    Car Club

Originally posted by 64 CRAWLING@Nov 9 2009, 12:34 PM~15609176
    you got to wait for that light to go off then you can start it.
    I HAVE DONE THAT AND NOTHING NOW I JUST TIRED BY PASSING THE KEY AN NOTHING I THINK ITS THE CCM
    86 EL CAMINO...QUE LUCK
    02 tahoe...LADYS RIDE
    DRASTICUKNOW@HOTMAIL.COM

~RIP BIG MIKE~

you got to change yoour idnition in your column and key
    LETS PRAY FOR OG KITA & PLEASE VISIT THE LINK AND DONATE http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...recovery/72997

Addict Poster
    Car Club

Originally posted by 64 CRAWLING@Nov 9 2009, 05:31 PM~15612662
    you got to change yoour idnition in your column and key
    i did that all ready
    86 EL CAMINO...QUE LUCK
    02 tahoe...LADYS RIDE
    DRASTICUKNOW@HOTMAIL.COM

Baller Poster

Originally posted by drasticlolo+Nov 9 2009, 07:09 PM~15613864-->
    i did that all ready
    [/b]
    <!--QuoteBegin-mkvelidadon
    @Nov 9 2009, 12:24 PM~15609085
    I haven't heard of the CEL light light being triggered on by the pass key system. Sometimes something as simple as a dirty battery or bad connection causes the problem, bur you said you just bought one. Might be the CCM.

Enthusiast Poster

google it vats bypass lt1

Enthusiast Poster
    Car Club
    STREET DREAMZ

ALLRIGHT EVERYONE IF YOUR 93 FLEETWOOD HAS A PASS FAULT ERROR, DOOR LOCKS CLICKEN, DIGITAL DASH LIGHT DIM, FRONT TURN AND SIDE MARKER LAMPS ON WITH CAR OFF, AND RELAY FOR DIL CLICKEN AND THE CAR WOULD START. HERES THE SOLUTION TO FIX IT. I TRIED BY REPLACING THE IGNITION LOCK AND CYLINDER WITH A NEW KEY REPROGRAMMED BY GM AND THAT STILL DIDNT FIX THE PROBLEM. SO THIS IS WHAT I FIGURE OUT AND IT WORKED.

IN YOUR TRUNK THERE IS A BODY CONTROL MODULE ON THE DRIVERS SIDE AGAINSIT THE BACK SEAT WALL. ADD A GROUND WIRE TO THE SIDE OF THAT BOX AND ENSURE WHERE YOU GROUND THE OTHER END IS A CLEAN SPOT AND A GOOD GROUND AND THIS WILL FIX THE PROBLEM.

THE CAR SHOULD START AND THE DIGITAL DASH SHOULD BE WELL LUMINATED AND NO MORE CLICKEN. TRIED IT AND IT WORK NO MORE ISSUES.

Baller Poster

I have a 95 Fleetwood and I recently started having problems with the pass key fault also. the car would turn on and be fine but when i would go start it again the car wouldnt crank anymore and the pass key fault light would come on. if you ask me its a shity system. i was talking with a friend and he told me this pretty normal on these cars. what he does is he has to put the key all the way in and kepp it pushed in and then turn the key and it would start and in my case i have to put the key in turn it a little bit then pull the key back and hold back and turn it to the cranking position and it starts up every time. if i push the key to far in i get the error. luckily i did not spend any money. hope this helps
    ***** 1995 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD *****
    http://www.layitlow.com/forums/29-pr...fleetwood.html

***** 1985 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM *****

Hi Guys, I just fixed this problem recently on my 93 fleetwood, and it cost me under 7 bucks in parts from radio shack. Just follow these directions on this site. http://vats.likeabigdog.com/

SPELL CHECK
    Car Club
    Twizted Stylz

There is NOT a simple 1 way fix for this, which should be obvious with the variety of answers. First, you need to determine where the problem is, so the proper thing can be fixed.

• Is the resistor in the key bad?
    • Is the column/tumbler sensor bad?
    • Is the CCM bad?
    • Is the relay bad?

Diagnose, then repair properly.
    Cars, trucks, motorcycles

Baller Poster

Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Jan 13 2010, 08:57 AM~16276186
    There is NOT a simple 1 way fix for this, which should be obvious with the variety of answers.Â* First, you need to determine where the problem is, so the proper thing can be fixed.Â*

• Is the resistor in the key bad?
    • Is the column/tumbler sensor bad?
    • Is the CCM bad?
    • Is the relay bad?

Diagnose, then repair properly.

where are these 2 located • CCM & the relay ?
    ***** 1995 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD *****
    http://www.layitlow.com/forums/29-pr...fleetwood.html

***** 1985 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM *****

*City of Trees*

yeah where??

*City of Trees*

Originally posted by johndukes@Jan 1 2010, 10:33 AM~16152613
    ALLRIGHT EVERYONE IF YOUR 93 FLEETWOOD HAS A PASS FAULT ERROR, DOOR LOCKS CLICKEN, DIGITAL DASH LIGHT DIM, FRONT TURN AND SIDE MARKER LAMPS ON WITH CAR OFF, AND RELAY FOR DIL CLICKENÂ* AND THE CAR WOULD START. HERES THE SOLUTION TO FIX IT. I TRIED BY REPLACING THE IGNITION LOCK AND CYLINDER WITH A NEW KEY REPROGRAMMED BY GM AND THAT STILL DIDNT FIX THE PROBLEM. SO THIS IS WHAT I FIGURE OUT AND IT WORKED.
    IN YOUR TRUNK THERE IS A BODY CONTROL MODULE ON THE DRIVERS SIDE AGAINSIT THE BACK SEAT WALL. ADD A GROUND WIRE TO THE SIDE OF THAT BOX AND ENSURE WHERE YOU GROUND THE OTHER END IS A CLEAN SPOT AND A GOOD GROUND AND THIS WILL FIX THE PROBLEM.Â*

THE CAR SHOULD START AND THE DIGITAL DASH SHOULD BE WELL LUMINATED AND NO MORE CLICKEN. TRIED IT AND IT WORK NO MORE ISSUES.

Im not making sense of this... you just ground a wire to the side of the box?? and where exactly is the other end supposed to go?? across from it?? on the module?? next to it??... im still having this problem..

19. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information