84 CUTLASS V.6 CARB
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Addict Poster
    Car Club
    NEIGHBORHOOD LEGENDS

SWAPING 350 FUEL INJ???
    I HAVE A 84 CUTLASS SUPREME CAME STOCK WITH A V6 CARB. I HAVE TOOK IT OUT AND PUT IN A 88 CHEVY TRUCK ENGINE 350 FUEL INJECTED. SHOULD I USE THE WIRES FROM THE TRUCK ENGINE OR THE WIRES COMING FROM THE DASH OF THE CAR??? ALSO THE TRUCK HAD THE FUEL PUMP IN THE TANK, THE CUTLASS HAD IT ON THE ENGINE, IS THERE A PART OR A WAY FOR THIS?
    ANY HELP OR SUGGESTIONS WILL HELP ME THANKS
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")PIGEON-LITTLE VILLAGE-PINATAS!YAY!
    TRUCKERS DNT BACKDOWN THEY BACKUP..............

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

The repair manual
    Car Club
    TRUESTYLE C.C.

gonna have to use as much wiring from the car and truck as you can to get it to work. Good luck

You will have to use an aftermarket electric fuel pump probably that matches how much psi that motor needs, mounted back by the fuel tank. And it will have to be wired into a oil pressure switch on the engine.

you got alot of work to get that goin good luck.
    TRUESTYLE C.C. Topic

Ride With Me

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    NEIGHBORHOOD LEGENDS

Originally posted by CoupeDTS@May 7 2010, 04:24 PM~17422291
    gonna have to use as much wiring from the car and truck as you can to get it to work.¬* Good luck

You will have to use an aftermarket electric fuel pump probably that matches how much psi that motor needs, mounted back by the fuel tank.¬* And it will have to be wired into a oil pressure switch on the engine.¬*

ME AND MY DAD WERE MOSTLY HAVING PROBLEM BOUT THE FUEL PUMP THANKS WILL LOOK INTO THAT
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    NEIGHBORHOOD LEGENDS

Originally posted by CoupeDTS@May 7 2010, 04:24 PM~17422291
    gonna have to use as much wiring from the car and truck as you can to get it to work.¬* Good luck

You will have to use an aftermarket electric fuel pump probably that matches how much psi that motor needs, mounted back by the fuel tank.¬* And it will have to be wired into a oil pressure switch on the engine.¬*

THE ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP WILL BE OUTSIDE OF THE TANK OR WILL I HAVE TO GET IN-TANK ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)

Baller Poster

it will have to be electric, doesn't matter if it is in tank or not but it will have to be at a much highter psi than the carb pump, carb pumps are like 5-15 and you will need over 100. pretty common prob on efi swaps. i have even heard of people having to install seacondary tanks that hold about 5 gallons to solve fuel slosh problems. most of the stock car wiring will be junk and you will need to use most of the efi harness(and cumputer) due to the fact the efi needs so many sensors to keep it running

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    NEIGHBORHOOD LEGENDS

Originally posted by dough916@May 7 2010, 07:22 PM~17423744
    it will have to be electric, doesn't matter if it is in tank or not but it will have to be at a much highter psi than the carb pump, carb pumps are like 5-15 and you will need over 100. pretty common prob on efi swaps. i have even heard of people having to install seacondary tanks that hold about 5 gallons to solve fuel slosh problems. most of the stock car wiring will be junk and you will need to use most of the efi harness(and cumputer) due to the fact the efi needs so many sensors to keep it running
    THANKS HOPE I DNT HAVE 2 ADD A SECOND FUEL TANK.............WE MADE SURE NOT 2 CUT ANY WIRES AND SAVE EVERYTHING
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)

The repair manual
    Car Club
    TRUESTYLE C.C.

back frame rail in front of the back wheels is a good place for a pump. They need to be below the tank level and towards the back of the car to push the gas. Id double check on that psi you need. A LT1 350 only needs 40psi and a 80s tpi only needs 15 so double check what psi exactly youre trying to get. When you buy the pump it usually comes with instructions on how to wire it up through a oil pressure sensor.
    TRUESTYLE C.C. Topic

Ride With Me

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    QUE DICES?

Originally posted by PIGEON@May 7 2010, 10:57 AM~17422083
    I HAVE A 84 CUTLASS SUPREME CAME STOCK WITH A V6 CARB. I HAVE TOOK IT OUT AND PUT IN A 88 CHEVY TRUCK ENGINE 350 FUEL INJECTED. SHOULD I USE THE WIRES FROM THE TRUCK ENGINE OR THE WIRES COMING FROM THE DASH OF THE CAR??? ALSO THE TRUCK HAD THE FUEL PUMP IN THE TANK, THE CUTLASS HAD IT ON THE ENGINE, IS THERE A PART OR A WAY FOR THIS?
    ANY HELP OR SUGGESTIONS WILL HELP ME THANKS
    it shud have a fuel pump on da tank 2,,my 85 cutty has one on da motor[6cylinder] and da tank
    1985 cutlass 863cutty single to da nose (sold/traded)
    1963 chevy impala 8[63] coming real soon to a street near you,, GUNNA COME OUT HARD AND CALL UR SHIT OUT
    1984 monte also single 2 da nose,once done right itz guna nose up to ur double unless u scared

-------------------------
    Car Club
    ROMANTICS CC

Originally posted by CoupeDTS@May 8 2010, 06:32 AM~17424777
    back frame rail in front of the back wheels is a good place for a pump.¬* They need to be below the tank level and towards the back of the car to push the gas.¬* Id double check on that psi you need.¬* A LT1 350 only needs 40psi and a 80s tpi only needs 15 so double check what psi exactly youre trying to get.¬* When you buy the pump it usually comes with instructions on how to wire it up through a oil pressure sensor.
    And it's always better to have a fuel pump with a little excess PSI than a pump that puts out too little pressure. The excess fuel from a pump that's too strong will be sent back to the tank by the fuel pressure regulator anyway.

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    NEIGHBORHOOD LEGENDS

Originally posted by 863cutty@May 8 2010, 08:16 PM~17430826
    it shud have a fuel pump on da tank 2,,my 85 cutty has one on da motor[6cylinder] and da tank
    I HAVENT EVEN CHECKED IL MAKE SURE 2 CHECK
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    NEIGHBORHOOD LEGENDS

Originally posted by Firefly@May 9 2010, 02:57 AM~17432901
    And it's always better to have a fuel pump with a little excess PSI than a pump that puts out too little pressure. The excess fuel from a pump that's too strong will be sent back to the tank by the fuel pressure regulator anyway.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    NEIGHBORHOOD LEGENDS

Originally posted by PIGEON@May 7 2010, 04:51 PM~17422522
    THE ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP WILL BE OUTSIDE OF THE TANK OR WILL I HAVE TO GET¬* IN-TANK ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP
    We put a Electronic fuel pump on Titty's 63~ Hit him up pinche
    NEIGHBORHOOD LEGENDS, CHICAGO

Curlys Pinstriping, Leafing and graphics. 7904 Adams St. Paramount Ca. 90723. (562)208-8380
    www.curlyspinstriping.com

14. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information