64 impala steering wheel
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Baller Poster
    Car Club
    THE OUTFIT.C.C

trying to switch out the turn signal cam
    just got a new turn signal cam and cant figure out how to remove the steering wheel to pull the old one out and put the new one in.

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

You need a steering wheel puller. You should be able to buy or rent one at a good auto parts store.
    1964 JET-SMOOTH LUXURY CHEVROLET

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    THE OUTFIT.C.C

Originally posted by Ragtop Ted@Mar 28 2011, 07:26 PM~20204219
    You need a steering wheel puller.* You should be able to buy or rent one at a good auto parts store.
    already did that part but i need to get the rest out so i could run the wires thru the column.. and i dont know how it comes off. and its no tilt steering wheel

Addict Poster
    THEM DOWN SOUTH MISSISSIPPI & MEMPHIS, TENN BOYS
    Car Club
    Should I join one?

Pull the steering wheel off using he steering wheel puller then I think theirs a screw for the signal lever. Remove the screw and and pull the turn signal lever out. Then unplug the turn signal switch harness at or near the bottom of the steering column then I think it might be some screws holdin the turn signal switch in place. Remove those screws and pull I out and reinstall in reverse order.
    LayItLow Member No.: 792
    See I got mind control over Deebo, he be like shut tha fuck up. I be quiet but when he leave, I be talkin again.
    1986 T-top Cutlass Salon (Blue),1963 Impala S.S. (Saddle),1964 Impala S.S. (Daytona Blue)
    Yes, I am Lowrodding all my rides.
    100% Disabled Veteran-U.S.Marine Corps; POW/KIA Always Remembered,Never Forgotten
    My Feedback

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Sweet Dreams

Originally posted by littlerascle59@Mar 28 2011, 06:55 PM~20205235
    Pull the steering wheel off using he steering wheel puller then I think theirs a screw for the signal lever. Remove the screw and and pull the turn signal lever out. Then unplug the turn signal switch harness at or near the bottom of the steering column then I think it might be some screws holdin the turn signal switch in place. Remove those screws and pull I out and reinstall in reverse order.
    Project 64 rag "Misery"

GetDwn

if a 64 is similar to a 63, this should be helpful...

http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index...owtopic=588359

Baller Poster

yea thats all right info. but dont do like i did and forget to put the little horn spring back in. havent had a horn for 3 years now lol. fuck it i just rev up to let them know im coming

GetDwn

Originally posted by low1964low@Apr 5 2011, 10:48 PM~20270817
    yea thats all right info. but dont do like i did and forget to put the little horn spring back in. havent had a horn for 3 years now lol. fuck it i just rev up to let them know im coming

10. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information