91 caprice classic
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Jus Dip N C.C.

blown head gasket
    I have a 91 caprice classic 5.0 and it's a overheating I replaced fan clutch thermostat etc and took it to pep boys and they said head gaskets are blown trying to find somebody local who can help me fix my issue with the car as long as you know what your doing lol send me a pm or whatever thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Baller Poster

I would be very surprised if it is blown head gasket (s). Iron engine, iron heads, very difficult to blow head gaskets. Get it to a good garage that can actually do a hydrocarbon test on the coolant. Have you checked the rad and the water pump?
    PARTING OUT Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham triple black with factory Astro

1995 Impala SS Six Speed, 18" Anteras 275/295 MXs, Euro smoothie, AS&M headers, 4.10s
    1995 Roadmaster Wagon LT1 black, wood delete
    1994 Caprice Wagon LT1 power!
    1981 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance Coupe OG on wires
    1971 Pontiac Parisienne 17" Weld billets, shaved, slam bags, D'Elegance seats
    1965 Impala convertible stock Cali black plate car, Maderia Maroon over black, 327/250HP, glide

Banned
    Car Club
    billionare mafia

on easy way to tell if you have mud for oil, also do a coolant flush. how fast is it getting hot is your thermastat opening might be backwards, can you hear your fan coming on.

Enthusiast Poster

If you have milk-shake oil, then its head gaskets. Have a shop do a
    pressure test on your cooling system, that will pin-point your problem if there is a leak.

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Jus Dip N C.C.

Yea its hard to pinpoint anything if everything is fucc'N up but checc this I took it to pep bois to checc the radiator or whatever test they use to checc for blown heads and they didn't do shit they checc'D the dipstick and said it wuz blown I guess lil tiny tiny bubbles were on the stick no coffee colored oil no nutn but I replaced the thermos and the fan clutch it over heads depends on weather how fast like my girl lives 10 mins away from my job and it over headed from there to my job lol but the bottom hose is hot as shit and the top hose has a lot of pressure like a lot and its cold as hell my dad said take thermostat off see if its circulating and see if both hoses are same temp if not them water pump is messed up

Banned
    Car Club
    billionare mafia

my daily driver had the eletric fan relay go bad i took the thermastat out never put it back in been like 3 years also they have lower temp ones you can buy, liquid you can throw in to drop 20 degrees

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Jus Dip N C.C.

Well I took it out drove it up to radio shack like 5 mins 10 mins away the temp would rise and fall and keep going by time I got back there was water or something on the manifolds something was leaking and smoke from the hood I checc the stick sure enuff the somebody was making a coffee in my engine

Banned
    Car Club
    billionare mafia

just start tearing you motor apart yourself for a headgasket job jack asses want 500 bucks you can do it in one afternoon. just buy the gaskets for the intake and head gaskets. not easy, not hard but if your block is cracked you won't be out 500bucks

10. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information