Roth Metal Flake - Page 2
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Addict Poster

Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT@Aug 8 2009, 03:17 PM~14711939
    i have 3 questions here and i'm not hating just wondering
    1¬* why does the type of reducer matter?

2¬* are your flakes not compatable with omni reducers?

3¬* why would the customer want to pay more money if what he originally wanted didn't "turn out" right?
    X2
    I'm close to painting my Caprice and my base, clear, reducer is omni. I have used omni reducer with the bad azz blue and the cherry pie with no problems so
    hmmm.......

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Enthusiast Poster

No Problem.....You have to realize that chemicals are complex and I wouldn't recommend putting reactive reducer DRR in dupont paint or non related products...We have no issues with omni but I've heard some stories at sema about a different line,with omni and having issues,I can't go further on that...mixing products that are non compatable could create problems...30 dollar clear and 300 dollar clear might not perform or act the same..I can always tell a difference myself between low dollar clear,doesn't mean I wouldn't use it...I sell 4 brands between 69.00 to 89.00 complete..some clear doesn't have uv protection at all.. uv protection stops fade.....If I was doing my own project with kandy or flake I would use a uv protected clear...I'm asking questions because I have no answers to a one month fade,never heard of one or seen it till now....I'm going to shoot the store sign in the freekin fushia..I've sold that product for 5 years .. I'll shoot this surfboard and let it sit in the rays...

Banned

Omni has No U.V protection,this info was paased on to me by thier paint rep(the guy I used to run a shop with was a PPG/Omni platinum distributor).I'd only use Omni,shopline on beaters,or cheap dailys.
    I have used it as a carrier for flake,followed by topcoat of high end clear after sanding flat.

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Luxurious CEN valley

we used some clear that stack got from his supplier in the bay same clear was used on the roof of the hopper, there was no issue there ,just wondering why. ive done flake jobs with all kinds of clear. best flake i used was from a company in north hollywood called r.e.i warehouse, place had 50 gal drums of every color even cut glass

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    NEW VISION C.C

Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOM209@Aug 9 2009, 07:06 PM~14720394
    we used some clear that stack got from his supplier in the bay same clear was used on the roof of the hopper, there was no issue there ,just wondering why. ive done flake jobs with all kinds of clear. best flake i used was from a company in north hollywood called r.e.i warehouse, place had 50 gal drums of every color even cut glass ¬* ¬* ¬*
    they still around??
    we used to go to a place in the San Fernando valley called sparklets
    they had octagon,square and crazy ass fllakes but they closed down years ago

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Luxurious CEN valley

i learned to flake cars with flake from them they became rei. i went there as a kidwith my theo gil

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Luxurious CEN valley

i liked the star shaped flake

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    GOFUCKYOURSELF C.C.

Originally posted by NEWTON@Aug 9 2009, 05:00 PM~14718827
    No Problem.....You have to realize that chemicals are complex and I wouldn't recommend putting¬* reactive reducer DRR in dupont paint or non related products...We have no issues with omni but I've heard some stories at sema about a different line,with omni and having issues, I can't go further on that ...mixing products that are non compatable could create problems...30 dollar clear and 300 dollar clear might not perform or act the same..I can always tell a difference myself between low dollar clear,doesn't mean I wouldn't use it...I sell 4 brands between 69.00 to 89.00 complete..some clear doesn't have uv protection at all.. uv protection stops fade.....If I was doing my own project with kandy or flake I would use a uv protected clear...I'm asking questions because I have no answers to a one month fade,never heard of one or seen it till now....I'm going to shoot the store sign in the freekin¬* fushia..I've sold that product for 5 years .. I'll shoot¬* this surfboard and let it sit in the rays...
    do tell....
    I SELL GOOD USED CADILLAC PARTS~THE FULLTIME HUSTLE
    ©2009 Reverend Hearse Industries
    MY FEEDBACK TOPIC
    90 CADDY HEARSE- 3 tv's ,d's and neons.....
    79 CADDY COUPE...d's and juice......

~~~~LAYITLOW UNEMPLOYED MAFIA~~~~
    mmmm.......30's oh i thought you meant cragers, dammit, take that big shit back to dade county

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    GOFUCKYOURSELF C.C.

Originally posted by lowdeville@Aug 9 2009, 05:17 PM~14718945
    Omni has No U.V protection,this info was paased on to me by thier paint rep(the guy I used to run a shop with was a PPG/Omni platinum distributor).I'd only use Omni,shopline on beaters,or cheap dailys.
    I have used it as a carrier for flake,followed by topcoat of high end clear after sanding flat.
    just got off the phone with my ppg rep, he says all omni clear has uv protectants , just not as good as the ppg clears.....
    I SELL GOOD USED CADILLAC PARTS~THE FULLTIME HUSTLE
    ©2009 Reverend Hearse Industries
    MY FEEDBACK TOPIC
    90 CADDY HEARSE- 3 tv's ,d's and neons.....
    79 CADDY COUPE...d's and juice......

~~~~LAYITLOW UNEMPLOYED MAFIA~~~~
    mmmm.......30's oh i thought you meant cragers, dammit, take that big shit back to dade county

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    i do this for me,no one else

Originally posted by NEWTON@Aug 9 2009, 08:00 PM~14718827
    No Problem.....You have to realize that chemicals are complex and I wouldn't recommend putting¬* reactive reducer DRR in dupont paint or non related products...We have no issues with omni but I've heard some stories at sema about a different line,with omni and having issues,I can't go further on that...mixing products that are non compatable could create problems...30 dollar clear and 300 dollar clear might not perform or act the same..I can always tell a difference myself between low dollar clear,doesn't mean I wouldn't use it...I sell 4 brands between 69.00 to 89.00 complete..some clear doesn't have uv protection at all.. uv protection stops fade.....If I was doing my own project with kandy or flake I would use a uv protected clear...I'm asking questions because I have no answers to a one month fade,never heard of one or seen it till now....I'm going to shoot the store sign in the freekin¬* fushia..I've sold that product for 5 years .. I'll shoot¬* this surfboard and let it sit in the rays...
    what about the dupont and nason clears and reducers then?
    friends dont let friends drive g-bodys

http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index...owtopic=162717
    great deals on motocross parts
    http://www.privateerconnection.com/index.htm

Banned

Originally posted by youcantfademe@Aug 10 2009, 11:51 AM~14725041
    just got off the phone with my ppg rep, he says all omni clear has uv protectants , just not as good as the ppg clears.....

Addict Poster

Originally posted by NEWTON@Aug 10 2009, 01:00 AM~14718827
    No Problem.....You have to realize that chemicals are complex and I wouldn't recommend putting¬* reactive reducer DRR in dupont paint or non related products...We have no issues with omni but I've heard some stories at sema about a different line,with omni and having issues,I can't go further on that...mixing products that are non compatable could create problems...30 dollar clear and 300 dollar clear might not perform or act the same..I can always tell a difference myself between low dollar clear,doesn't mean I wouldn't use it...I sell 4 brands between 69.00 to 89.00 complete..some clear doesn't have uv protection at all.. uv protection stops fade.....If I was doing my own project with kandy or flake I would use a uv protected clear...I'm asking questions because I have no answers to a one month fade,never heard of one or seen it till now....I'm going to shoot the store sign in the freekin¬* fushia..I've sold that product for 5 years .. I'll shoot¬* this surfboard and let it sit in the rays...

in a way i see your point but they are all urethanes at the end of the day

in my OPINION it seems like that is every companies first excuse when something gos wrong

it's either that or, "who painted it" lol they could be talking to the Kandyman himself and they wouldn't know it, hey that would be a good "experiment"

MY GOLD PLATING
    http://photobucket.com/albums/f221/SWITCHCRAFT/

good work isn't cheap and cheap work isn't good

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    ROMANTICS CC

I just ordered 7 jars of the monster flakes, lets see how they work out

Baller Poster

im a big fan of the roth flake, been working just fine for me.
    s l o w l a n e

Addict Poster

Originally posted by elspock84@Aug 5 2009, 07:35 PM~14688051
    man steven dont trip since the first time i dealt wit yaw i was hooked yaw gave me some great advice and lead me in the right direction. i think yaw have great product.¬* i bought 2 lbs of flake from you guys and da flake buster¬* about 2yrs go. heres some pics .

heres da gun in action wit a lil flake

:0 :0 :0 :0 i used the xotic brand flake ...i gotta try that , link please ?
    Chawpin it Up...

FACEBOOK PAGE

*PAINT THREAD

WHEELS THREAD

MCBA

ARIZONA DON'T SLEEP!

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    SomosunO 4 life

Originally posted by danny chawps@Mar 17 2010, 07:49 AM~16914908
    :0¬* :0¬* :0¬* :0 i used the xotic brand flake ...i gotta try that , link please ?
    nope i aint gonna give you shit
    CHINGA TU MADRE!!!!!!!

I LOVE BOOBIES!!!

most tits postd-----elspock84

http://www.facebook.com/#!/julio.rivera.58

taylor tot facebook group
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/21...if_t=group_r2j

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    i do this for me,no one else

i used some of the fuscia on a white car and no problems
    friends dont let friends drive g-bodys

http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index...owtopic=162717
    great deals on motocross parts
    http://www.privateerconnection.com/index.htm

On Bail from BANNED Camp
    Car Club
    StreeT SweepaZ North V.P

lime squeezer on my 53 caddy dash, sprayed with cheap clear been sittin in sun for a year...... still looks good

roofs next

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    solo

Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT@Aug 10 2009, 10:13 PM~14732217
    in a way i see your point but they are all urethanes at the end of the day
    in my OPINION it seems like that is every companies first excuse when something gos wrong

it's either that or, "who painted it"¬* lol¬* they could be talking to the Kandyman himself and they wouldn't know it,¬* hey that would be a good "experiment"
    the simple fact is we as a whole are taking these products wether cheap or high dollar and abusing there original use we clear these cars with enough clear to refinish 3 to 4 cars im no differant i just tell the customer that eventually its going to fail film build can not be any more than 8 to 14 mills at a stretch after that well we all know what that looks like i get about 8 years from a candy here in florida i dont know how it is in cali but your clear if at all else should be the best quality product you can afford even if it means you wait and save some more dough it will show on the back end with a longer lasting finish

21. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information