what do you charge for candy paint jobs?
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Addict Poster

just wondering if im taxing or not...
    so this kid emails me and has a 2005 impala he wants candy brandywine, i told him ill do the whole car, start to finish, all jambs under the hood and the trunk for 3500$ out the door including wetsanding and buffing.

so he writes back and says that he can get ALL the material in house of kolor for under 1000$ and that 2500$ is not a good deal for my labor. which would include removing all parts, prepping, painting, wetsanding and buffing and putting the car all back together and detailing it before delivery

so i told him give me 1500$ and i gave him a exact list of what he needs to order and ill do it for him still.

im just wondering if im charging too much or is this another cheap ass that i shouldnt even bother with??

i mean shit my homie just got his 06 charger ppg candy apple red and paid i think close to 5000 or more for all of that same shit.

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    lords of illusions

bull shit i run a shop know tell him also bring sand paper and tape o yea while your at factor in lights and water and when he brings all that back from house of kolor give him the price again because lets face it if u want to play with the big boys pay with them also in la $4500 for cheep $8500 and above dont play your self and end up painting his car 4 FREE FREE FREE
    low rider tell the casket drops

slo
    Addict Poster
    Car Club
    HYPNOTIZED C.C.

5k no les and ill be paying some one ekse to spray a candy solid. i wont even bother with that.

honestly i woulda toldem it was 3500 for all now that you come with your BS " you can get this n that for cheap" its 4500 and if you ask again 5k....

if they dont like it they can go else where easy as that.

think about it whats it gona take you?

1.5 weeks? minus lights electric water your expensive ass equipment etc... a small fraction of that and it adds up.

" niggas talk a lot of shit from a safe place "

For all your classic impala needs www.lastminutecustoms.com

Addict Poster

i already wrote back to him and told him forget it. im not going to get myself into a penny pincher and get stuck doing it for close to nothing

appreciate the help homies!

Addict Poster

Originally posted by FlipFlopBox+Jan 22 2010, 08:47 PM~16380319-->
    so this kid emails me and has a 2005 impala he wants candy brandywine, i told him ill do the whole car, start to finish, all jambs under the hood and the trunk for 3500$ out the door including wetsanding and buffing.

so he writes back and says that he can get ALL the material in house of kolor for under 1000$ and that 2500$ is not a good deal for my labor. which would include removing all parts, prepping, painting, wetsanding and buffing and putting the car all back together and detailing it before delivery
    so i told him give me 1500$ and i gave him a exact list of what he needs to order and ill do it for him still.
    im just wondering if im charging too much or is this another cheap ass that i shouldnt even bother with??

i mean shit my homie just got his 06 charger ppg candy apple red and paid i think close to 5000 or more for all of that same shit.
    [/b]
    I think that's pretty reasonable, People just don't realize ALL the WORK involved in doing a paint job, especially if they are wanting to change the color and/or use Custom paints like HoK. I could see myself charging that much if I were to a job like that and I wouldn't mind paying that much if I were to have some one do it for me.

<!--QuoteBegin-slo
    @Jan 22 2010, 09:17 PM~16380705
    5k no les and ill be paying some one ekse to spray a candy solid. i wont even bother with that.

honestly i woulda toldem it was 3500 for all now that you come with your BS " you can get this n that for cheap" its 4500 and if you ask again 5k....

if they dont like it they can go else where easy as that.

think about it whats it gona take you?

1.5 weeks? minus lights electric water your expensive ass equipment etc... a small fraction of that and it adds up.

That's a Good Idea, the more complaints the more the cost!!! Lmao!
    Bratt
    "Shoot for the Moon, Even if you Miss,
    You will still land among the Stars." L. Brown

http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=499314&hl=

http://www.myspace.com/bratt04

http://www.facebook.com/bratt04

slo
    Addict Poster
    Car Club
    HYPNOTIZED C.C.

Originally posted by cutebratt04@Jan 23 2010, 01:34 PM~16385937
    I think that's pretty reasonable, People just don't realize ALL the WORK involved in doing a paint job, especially if they are wanting to change the color and/or use Custom paints like HoK. I could see myself charging that much if I were to a job like that and I wouldn't mind paying that much if I were to have some one do it for me.*
    That's a Good Idea, the more complaints the more the cost!!! Lmao!*
    true, and the last thing you need is to be a novice or start off with some gripey ass customers that paid a bargain price and still complain

they usually are the ones that do so anyway
    " niggas talk a lot of shit from a safe place "

For all your classic impala needs www.lastminutecustoms.com

Addict Poster

Originally posted by slo@Jan 24 2010, 12:51 AM~16391422
    true, and the last thing you need is to be a novice or start off with some gripey ass customers that paid a bargain price and still complain
    they usually are the ones that do so anyway

Yeah you got that right! You give em a steal on the price and then they walk all over you. People always want something for nothing, but then act like they don't know "You get what you PAY for!!!"
    Bratt

macgyver

I FIND THE ONES WHOLE TRY AND NICKEL AND DIME YOU IN THE BEGINNING ARE USUALLY THE CRY BABYS THAT SHOW UP EVERYOTHER DAY POUTING AND PICKING THINGS APART AND COMPLAINING ANYWAYS... WHEN PEOPLE WANNA ROLL WITH THE BIG DOGS THEN THEY GOTTA PAY..HAVING A CUSTOM SHOP I KNOW CAUSE IT SEEMS LIKE THESE FOOLS SHOW UP ATLEAST ONCE OR TWICE A MONTH AND I STICK TO MY PRICES AND DONT BUDGE... IF THE BODY IS PRETTY CLEAN THEN I TRY AND GET AROUND 4K AND UP.. DEPENDING IF IM DOINGS GRAPHICS OR MURALS,THEN THE PRICE GOES UP.. GOOD LUCK HOMIE, AND STICK TO YOUR PRICES,(THEY WILL COME BACK IF THEY WANT IT BAD ENUF)

IF THEY RUN TO MCDONALDS OR TO THE LIQUOR STORE AND BY A MCBEER, THEN THEY DONT NEGOTIATE THE PRICE?

Addict Poster

ya i thought about it and figured after it was completed he would try to complain about something, and the fact that i do all my work right now out of the building i work for but pay the boss on the side that if i had someone trying to complain get mad he could get in trouble for letting me do the shit there and ruin my sidejobs anyway.

can't wait til spring to finish building my home made booth at my pops house in the garage, just gotta get lights and fans and its pretty much done!

thanks guys, your all right, im not budging on my prices ive got 10 other people that have called me on side jobs in the past few days alone and some of them arent worried on the price they just want it done right, id rather go with them then some one trying to penny pick me and then complain....

appreciate it homies!

Baller Poster

NEVER COMPROMISE QUALITY!

Addict Poster

Originally posted by AuggieStyle@Jan 24 2010, 09:57 PM~16399056
    NEVER COMPROMISE QUALITY!

X2
    Bratt

Banned
    Car Club
    The Outfit CC

Originally posted by FlipFlopBox@Jan 22 2010, 09:47 PM~16380319

shit your under charging homie, stick to your original price, if he dont like it he can go else where.. $3500 for for full candy jambs and all is a good price

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    ComptonBrothersBuilt.com

I just tell them i can get the candy "made"(high metallic 2-stage) and its 3500 no jambs thats me supplying everything.......I break the shit down quick...i will do it for x,..but are you gonna supply the thinner, tape, solvent, reduce, tack rags, basecoat..etc.. thats how I do it. Shoot a little high and supply materials. I use leftover GM bases for a lot of my candies.
    Esco Car Company
    971 W. US HWY 40
    West Terre Haute, Indiana
    (812)-249-4230
    Custom Paint..Collision Repair..Auto Sales & Service
    Moonroof Installation..Custom Audio & Fiberglass work
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pr...p?id=1502509087

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    PHOENIX RIDERZ

i've paid more than 3 grand on materials alone so far.....factor in if I had a "shop" do mine and I could have easily paid over 10 grand.....got an easy 5 grand into my frame alone.....
    Thanks to all my brothers
    I pity da foo-Mr.T

Stand for something....or fall for anything...Mexica

Miss you D-Boy

One Luv

ive spet over 4k o jsut my paint materials not includig sandpaper,tape,thinner,paper,etc and i still have prolly another 1500-2k to spend more candy and clear.

for a job like im doing on my own car, i wouldnt do it for no less than 10k

Baller Poster

3500 is damn good price 4 candy where you at

Addict Poster

south burbs of chicago. get at me!!!

hey bro i need a honest guy to work on my 1963 impala, are you up and running already i live in chicago.

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    CITY WIDE CC DENVER

Originally posted by FlipFlopBox@Jan 22 2010, 09:47 PM~16380319

IN MY OPINION, IF A FOOL CAN'T EVEN SHOW UP IN PERSON TO SHOW YOU THE CAR OR PICS OF IT. HE IS BLOWING SMOKE UP YOUR ASS. I WOULD TELL HIM TO BUY ALL THE MATERIALS AND GO TO HARBOR FRIEGHT TO BUY A PAINT GUN AND DO IT YOURSELF. BECAUSE, I DON'T NEED YOUR BUSINESS. TRUST ME, IN THE END YOU WILL BE GLAD HE WENT AWAY. IF HE IS BITCHING NOW HE WILL BE BITCHING LATER.
    1978 Monte Carlo
    1978 Grand Prix
    1963 Impala ss
    1983 Buick Regal
    1965 Impala ss " The Mistress" January 2013 Impalas Magazine, February 2014 Lowrider Magazine

"From The Ground Up"

Baller Poster

Don't let no one put a price tag on YOUR work homie! Thats why it's called custom. If they dont think its worth it then why are they talking to you, let them kick rocks down to the next shop see if the quality is there. I have the same problem constantly since I live right on the border. I'm by my self. There's always someone that charges less but they usually got workers that come from the other side, and work for less than nothing. They usually come back to see how much I charge to fix (redoo) what the others did (messed up)! Which I don't or I charged them more than what I was in the first place!!
    Brownsville Tx is not the end of the world, but you can see it from there!

22. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information