CHEAP HARBOR FREIGHT SPRAY GUN AND AIRBRUSH
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Aspiring Poster

had any luck with them.On a budget.
    Have you had any luck with them? im on a budget and want to start practicing on panels. Let me know your stories and experiences with these sprayguns/airbrushes?

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Mr. Paid

The airbrush I got from there for $15, had a little plastic hose that kept popping off while I was trying to use it.
    "Get your towels ready, it's about to go down."

My 2002 Town Car build

One Luv

get the 39 dollar gun from harbor freight is better than the 15 dollar one, and they work great for primer... personaly i wouldnt use for base or clear but i know others that will use these guns as a "throw away" meaning use once and toss it.. if you plan to paint more than one car or are gettin into the biz. id suggest buyin a decent gun

Baller Poster

Just like one luv said said. I had one painted my mc. The only problem was it would not give me a spray pattern bigger then 4 inches. Now I have have 6 guns for different applications.
    price for the Monte carlo $900.00
    price for the hydraulics $2500.00
    price for the paint job $400.00
    price for the rims and tire $500.00

knowing you have not wasted a single dollar on shop work and labor priceless.

for me there is my garage where i have done all the work myself and for others keep going to shops

1985 monte carlo ls single pump all work done by one....ME!

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    UPSTATE C.C

i recently used one of the 15$ purple guns for base and clear and it worked nearly as good as my devilbiss finishline3...to me the only downfall is they take lots of air and that means i go through more materials and the extra air pressure seems to kick up dust ALOT more.im far from being a painter but heres a couple of the parts i sprayed...layed down pretty well in my opinion

There's nothing like biting off more than you can chew, and then chewing anyways!

♠------¡¡ƃuıɹǝqɯǝɯǝɹ ɥʇɹoʍ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos op-----♠

HOME BREWED, NO HELP
    Car Club
    GOFUCKYOURSELF C.C.

Originally posted by NY-BOSSMAN@Apr 12 2010, 07:03 AM~17166728
    i recently used one of the 15$ purple guns for base and clear and it worked nearly as good as my devilbiss finishline3...to me the only downfall is they take lots of air and that means i go through more materials and the extra air pressure seems to kick up dust ALOT more.im far from being a painter but heres a couple of the parts i sprayed...layed down pretty well in my opinion

I USE THEM FROM TIME TO TIME IF I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO , THEY WORK OK FOR SINGLE USE AND THEN MAKE GREAT PRIMER GUNS AFTERWARDS....
    ~~~M.C.B.A.~~~
    ANYBODY CAN PAY SOMEONE TO BUILD HIM A CAR, A REAL RIDER DOES IT HIMSELF
    Science flies men to the moon, religion flies men into buildings.

~84 CADILLAC HEARSE~ blown motor
    ~ 90 CADILLAC HEARSE~ the parts hauler
    ~79 CADILLAC ~"The Big Green Bitch" ~, daily driver
    ''KANSAS CITYS FINEST'' FIRST PLACE FULL CUSTOM BIKE 2010 KC LOWRIDER TOUR STOP~STRIPED BY JUGZ~

Banned

Originally posted by One Luv@Apr 12 2010, 06:42 AM~17166360
    personaly i wouldnt use for base or clear but i know others that will use these guns as a "throw away" meaning use once and toss it.. if you plan to paintÂ* more than one car or are gettin into the biz. id suggest buyin a decent gun

They're throw away guns at best.

Baller Poster

I got the 2 gun kit for $59 2 weeks ago but I haven't used it yet. I'm using them to learn with then I'll get something better
    Irie Vybez

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    La gente city of angel

I saw someone use them for a whole car but they use differnt guns ,one for primer,one for base, one for clear but he clean them all really good the car came out really good
    im in it to win it ,if you dont like it eat a DICK

CHEF CUSTOMS
    323 899-0500
    CHEFMORTIZ@AOL.COM

Baller Poster

I used the 15 airbrush it worked but you wouldnt be able to do any very fine frehand but it still works ok

I am Batman!

started with a harbor freight 15$ gun. still have one for primer and one for flake. never had a problem with either.

the air brush is a different story. had the plastic one but like dues said the hose kept popping off. the metal one for about 25$ worked ok.

Baller Poster

I think it's the painter

Baller Poster

Go to the Sal Manzano paint topic. Every car he has ever done was using a cheap ass gun. It's about the painter...not the gun. But a good gun does help. Great painter's can overcome their imperfections-IMO

HOME BREWED, NO HELP
    Car Club
    GOFUCKYOURSELF C.C.

Originally posted by Maximus1959@Apr 13 2010, 10:46 AM~17178831
    Go to the Sal Manzano paint topic. Every car he has ever done was using a cheap ass gun. It's about the painter...not the gun. But a good gun does help. Great painter's can overcome their imperfections-IMO
    ~~~M.C.B.A.~~~
    ANYBODY CAN PAY SOMEONE TO BUILD HIM A CAR, A REAL RIDER DOES IT HIMSELF
    Science flies men to the moon, religion flies men into buildings.

~84 CADILLAC HEARSE~ blown motor
    ~ 90 CADILLAC HEARSE~ the parts hauler
    ~79 CADILLAC ~"The Big Green Bitch" ~, daily driver
    ''KANSAS CITYS FINEST'' FIRST PLACE FULL CUSTOM BIKE 2010 KC LOWRIDER TOUR STOP~STRIPED BY JUGZ~

I am Batman!

Originally posted by Maximus1959@Apr 13 2010, 11:46 AM~17178831
    i seen a few pics where he has the purple harbor freight gun.

Banned

Originally posted by Maximus1959@Apr 13 2010, 11:46 AM~17178831
    It's about the painter...not the gun.
    BS!
    Why don't shops country wide use harbour freight guns instead of satajets,Iwata's,etc?
    Do you think we like spending $7-$800 on spray guns for no reason at all?

Baller Poster

[quote]
    BS!
    Why don't shops country wide use harbour freight guns instead of satajets,Iwata's,etc?
    Do you think we like spending $7-$800 on spray guns for no reason at all?

Because an satajet, iwata, ect. is a better gun and easier to paint with. I never said they are equal.

Re-read the post. I said a GOOD PAINT GUN DOES HELP, but IN MY OPINION A GREAT PAINTER CAN OVERCOME A CHEAP GUNS IMPERFECTIONS. The reason why I have this opinion, is because I know a GREAT PAINTER by the name of SAL MANZANO (painting 30 plus years), that uses the cheapest guns, materials, ect. and has put out numerous BEST PAINT AWARDS at SUPER SHOW and HOTROD shows.

I never said they were equal and that Harbor Freight guns are better. All i'm saying is that a true paint artist can overcome the imperfections of cheap paint guns.

Baller Poster

The point was that dude is on a budget and wanted feedback on using a cheap gun. All I'm saying is....that if you talented enough then you can still put out quality work without investing a bunch of money into a highend name brand gun.

Baller Poster

Addict Poster

Originally posted by crucialjp@Apr 12 2010, 12:27 PM~17168899
    I got the 2 gun kit for $59 2 weeks ago but I haven't used it yet. I'm using them to learn with then I'll get something better
    I got that Gun Kit Too I'm a Beginner on a Budget as well. The Detail Gun in the Kit was Crap, Barely worked the 1st time, but I Love the Other Gun it has a 1.4 Needle and Fluid Tip for Base n Clear and a 1.8 Needle and Fluid Tip for Primer. I had the Purple $15 Gun but the one in the Kit Works a lot better!!!! I've used the School's Devilbiss and Sata Guns but since they usually weren't Cleaned very good by other Students I always had to Clean them before I used them and After and always had Problems when Spraying I got fed up and bought My Own Guns as well as other things Mostly from Harborfrieght!!!
    Bratt
    "Shoot for the Moon, Even if you Miss,
    You will still land among the Stars." L. Brown

http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=499314&hl=

http://www.myspace.com/bratt04

http://www.facebook.com/bratt04

22. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information