Kirker Paint and Blue paint schemes
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 46
  1. #1
    Baller Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Killeen,Texas (Ft. Hood) by way of Marshall, TX
    Posts
    1,034

    Default

    I know posts have been made about Kirker paint but I'm on a budget. The prices seem nice from smartshoppers so what I want to know is how does it hold up??? I'm looking at the colbalt blue metallic. Now my next question is can you all post up dark blue cars with patterned out roofs?? I usually dont do this because I think it's bad luck but I want my wagon colbalt blue with a patterned out roof but I want the complete car done in the same color.

    62 Impala HT REDD Foxx
    96 Impala SS "DarkneSS"

    "I been regulating since Cragars was the Daytons "
    "Praises Go Up!!!, Blessings Come Down!!!"

  2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Baller Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Killeen,Texas (Ft. Hood) by way of Marshall, TX
    Posts
    1,034

    Default

    Come on............ Someone has to post..........
    62 Impala HT REDD Foxx
    96 Impala SS "DarkneSS"

    "I been regulating since Cragars was the Daytons "
    "Praises Go Up!!!, Blessings Come Down!!!"

  4. #3
    macgyver
    Guest

    Default

    IVE SPRAYED KIRKER FOR ABOUT 3MONTHS ON ABOUT 10 DIFFERENT CUSTOM CARS, AND I CAN TELL YOU ITS JUNK.. THERE CLEARCOAT TURNS YELLOW AFTER OUT IN THE SUN AND THE CANDYS ARE JUNK.. HOUSE OF COLOR I CAN PUT DOWN 3 DIFFERENT COATS AND THE CANDY IS TAKING SHAPE, BUT KIRKER IT TOOK ALMOST 15 COATS AND STILL NOT ANYTHING WHAT THE COLOR CHART LOOKS LIKE.. GOOD LUCK BRO

  5. #4
    Addict Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Originally posted by macgyver@Dec 18 2010, 12:30 PM~19359981
    IVE SPRAYED KIRKER FOR ABOUT 3MONTHS ON ABOUT 10 DIFFERENT CUSTOM CARS, AND I CAN TELL YOU ITS JUNK.. THERE CLEARCOAT TURNS YELLOW AFTER OUT IN THE SUN AND THE CANDYS ARE JUNK.. HOUSE OF COLOR I CAN PUT DOWN 3 DIFFERENT COATS AND THE CANDY IS TAKING SHAPE, BUT KIRKER IT TOOK ALMOST 15 COATS AND STILL NOT ANYTHING WHAT THE COLOR CHART LOOKS LIKE.. GOOD LUCK BRO
    I heard it was crap and asked someone who sells it and they never responded to my pm.

  6. #5
    macgyver
    Guest

    Default

    Originally posted by DrPhilMadeMeDoIt@Dec 18 2010, 02:52 PM~19361902
    I heard it was crap and asked someone who sells it and they never responded to my pm.
    lol, ya its cheap but not worth the headache later

  7. #6
    Baller Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Killeen,Texas (Ft. Hood) by way of Marshall, TX
    Posts
    1,034

    Default

    ok thanks!!!!!!!!
    62 Impala HT REDD Foxx
    96 Impala SS "DarkneSS"

    "I been regulating since Cragars was the Daytons "
    "Praises Go Up!!!, Blessings Come Down!!!"

  8. #7
    unbtabl
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    tunnel hill,ga
    Car Club
    SocioS CC
    Posts
    1,342

    Default

    buy some dodge viper blue..good metallic and is in the low price code and any brand paint..not many pearls in it...
    1982 coupe deville
    1993 ford splash supercharged
    1993 yota bagged
    SocioS c.c.

  9. #8
    Addict Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    WISCONSIN
    Posts
    10,880

    Default

    more people need to post about kirker I've heard some people like it
    MY GOLD PLATING
    http://photobucket.com/albums/f221/SWITCHCRAFT/


    good work isn't cheap and cheap work isn't good

  10. #9
    macgyver
    Guest

    Default

    Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT@Dec 19 2010, 11:34 PM~19372645
    more people need to post about kirker I've heard some people like it
    maybe people that dont stand behind there work?

  11. #10
    Addict Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    WISCONSIN
    Posts
    10,880

    Default

    Originally posted by macgyver@Dec 20 2010, 07:36 AM~19372657
    maybe people that dont stand behind there work?

    that could be, the real test is leaving it out in the sun....BUT I have to admit I have a couple quarts I bought a while back and I opened the can and I did not spray it yet, it looked pretty watery, maybe summer when it's warmer

    NO COMPARISON to HOK HOK is more rich
    MY GOLD PLATING
    http://photobucket.com/albums/f221/SWITCHCRAFT/


    good work isn't cheap and cheap work isn't good

  12. #11
    macgyver
    Guest

    Default

    Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT@Dec 19 2010, 11:58 PM~19372829
    that could be, the real test is leaving it out in the sun....BUT¬* I have to admit I have a couple quarts I bought a while back and I opened the can and I did not spray it yet,¬* it looked pretty watery, maybe summer when it's warmer

    NO COMPARISON to HOK¬* HOK is more rich
    ya, jus try it bro.. the clear is a lil watery and you might pick up a run or two but no big deal, and im not a hater, i just didnt have good luck with them

  13. #12
    Addict Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    WISCONSIN
    Posts
    10,880

    Default

    Originally posted by macgyver@Dec 20 2010, 08:11 AM~19372954
    ya, jus try it bro.. the clear is a lil watery and you might pick up a run or two but no big deal, and im not a hater, i just didnt have good luck with them

    yeah I will definitely try the kandy I have sprayed the clear and yes it's watery, I hardly reduce it I think just a cap full......

    I don't stray from HOK kandy too often if I do it's on small stuff
    MY GOLD PLATING
    http://photobucket.com/albums/f221/SWITCHCRAFT/


    good work isn't cheap and cheap work isn't good

  14. #13
    stylish muthafucka
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Planet Jupiter
    Posts
    7,749

    Default

    I've been using Kirker for a while and haven't had any problems.. Only thing I don't like is that its a catalyzed basecoat..
    Used the Candy Aquamarine on my Fleetwood.. 5 coats over silver mini flake base.. First 2 coats of candy I weakened by mixing their clear with to avoid tiger striping.. I used PPG 2021 clear to topcoat everything.. It has sat outside since I painted it (over 2 years) and no fading yet.. I spray HOK kandy also, no complaints with either brand.. Maybe it's "operator error" that these people are running into when using Kirker..






    My shitty cameras don't pick up the true color either..


    Also sprayed Kirker Sour Apple Green Metallic on a buddies lac.. No problems except a fly landed on the hood and walked a circle in the paint while I was spraying the rest of the car, so had to let it cure so I could wetsand the fly tracks out..





    Recently sprayed the Kirker Acid Rain Metallic Yellow this summer, with 3 types/sizes of GOLD flake layed over it..










    Someone needs to PIN a fuckin Kirker topic, so I don't have to keep writing the same shit over and over... Like other people say the clears aren't worth it, so topcoat em with something else.. I've fallen in love with Dupont 7900s clear!
    Lowriding ain't about plastic trophies....



  15. #14
    Addict Poster
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nashville, Tennesse. Where you from?
    Car Club
    Solo Rida
    Posts
    4,117

    Default

    Originally posted by JustCruisin@Dec 20 2010, 09:19 AM~19374066
    I've been using Kirker for a while and haven't had any problems.. Only thing I don't like is that its a catalyzed basecoat..
    Used the Candy Aquamarine on my Fleetwood.. 5 coats over silver mini flake base.. First 2 coats of candy I weakened by mixing their clear with to avoid tiger striping.. I used PPG 2021 clear to topcoat everything.. It has sat outside since I painted it (over 2 years) and no fading yet.. I spray HOK kandy also, no complaints with either brand.. Maybe it's "operator error" that these people are running into when using Kirker..






    My shitty cameras don't pick up the true color either..
    Also sprayed Kirker Sour Apple Green Metallic on a buddies lac.. No problems except a fly landed on the hood and walked a circle in the paint while I was spraying the rest of the car, so had to let it cure so I could wetsand the fly tracks out..



    Recently sprayed the Kirker Acid Rain Metallic Yellow this summer, with 3 types/sizes of GOLD flake layed over it..










    Someone needs to PIN a fuckin Kirker topic, so I don't have to keep writing the same shit over and over... ¬* Like other people say the clears aren't worth it, so topcoat em with something else.. I've fallen in love with Dupont 7900s clear!

  16. #15
    Addict Poster
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nashville, Tennesse. Where you from?
    Car Club
    Solo Rida
    Posts
    4,117

    Default

    Looks good 2 me

  17. #16
    Baller Poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Windsor, CA
    Car Club
    SOLO, I BUILD my own rides
    Posts
    1,830

    Default

    Ive used it , i used their black....havent had an issue with it...i top coated with spi clear...havent used anything else from them but had no complaints ....it even covered like a blanket really good coverage
    "I cant stand fake ass disloyal people, man up n say shit to my face"

  18. #17
    Addict Poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chicago Area (southside)
    Posts
    7,919

    Default

    to be honest ive done pricing of kandy from house of kolor and you can pretty much get all the paint supplies for like 1000$ (i priced it with sherwinn base/clear and hok kandy) why the hell would you bother spending less, 1000$ for materials for a kandy paint job aint shit. you mite as well dish out the extra few bucks for the top of the line product and not worry about the outcome


    atleast thats how i see it, because i was interested in using alsa's candy concentrate but after you get enough of that and enough of the blender to mix it in you could have bought hok for damn near a fraction more.... so i say fuck it when i do my first candy im going hok ALL day

  19. #18
    macgyver
    Guest

    Default

    Originally posted by FlipFlopBox@Dec 20 2010, 03:52 PM~19377368
    to be honest ive done pricing of kandy from house of kolor and you can pretty much get all the paint supplies for like 1000$ (i priced it with sherwinn base/clear and hok kandy)¬* why the hell would you bother spending less, 1000$ for materials for a kandy paint job aint shit. you mite as well dish out the extra few bucks for the top of the line product and not worry about the outcome
    atleast thats how i see it, because i was interested in using alsa's candy concentrate but after you get enough of that and enough of the blender to mix it in you could have bought hok for damn near a fraction more.... so i say fuck it when i do my first candy im going hok ALL day
    x2

  20. #19
    macgyver
    Guest

    Default

    Originally posted by JustCruisin@Dec 20 2010, 08:19 AM~19374066
    I've been using Kirker for a while and haven't had any problems.. Only thing I don't like is that its a catalyzed basecoat..
    Used the Candy Aquamarine on my Fleetwood.. 5 coats over silver mini flake base.. First 2 coats of candy I weakened by mixing their clear with to avoid tiger striping.. I used PPG 2021 clear to topcoat everything.. It has sat outside since I painted it (over 2 years) and no fading yet.. I spray HOK kandy also, no complaints with either brand.. Maybe it's "operator error" that these people are running into when using Kirker..






    My shitty cameras don't pick up the true color either..
    Also sprayed Kirker Sour Apple Green Metallic on a buddies lac.. No problems except a fly landed on the hood and walked a circle in the paint while I was spraying the rest of the car, so had to let it cure so I could wetsand the fly tracks out..



    Recently sprayed the Kirker Acid Rain Metallic Yellow this summer, with 3 types/sizes of GOLD flake layed over it..










    Someone needs to PIN a fuckin Kirker topic, so I don't have to keep writing the same shit over and over... ¬* Like other people say the clears aren't worth it, so topcoat em with something else.. I've fallen in love with Dupont 7900s clear!

    operator error ya im sure that what it is

  21. #20
    Baller Poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Windsor, CA
    Car Club
    SOLO, I BUILD my own rides
    Posts
    1,830

    Default

    Originally posted by FlipFlopBox@Dec 20 2010, 04:52 PM~19377368
    to be honest ive done pricing of kandy from house of kolor and you can pretty much get all the paint supplies for like 1000$ (i priced it with sherwinn base/clear and hok kandy)¬* why the hell would you bother spending less, 1000$ for materials for a kandy paint job aint shit. you mite as well dish out the extra few bucks for the top of the line product and not worry about the outcome
    atleast thats how i see it, because i was interested in using alsa's candy concentrate but after you get enough of that and enough of the blender to mix it in you could have bought hok for damn near a fraction more.... so i say fuck it when i do my first candy im going hok ALL day
    Top of the line.....ditch the sherwinn williams base and junk clear...get SPI clear and hok silver base
    "I cant stand fake ass disloyal people, man up n say shit to my face"

  22. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements
     


 

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts