candy with black base
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Aspiring Poster

black base??
    I am getting ready to paint my 82 deville and I wanted to go with a very dark candy brandywine paint job. I saw the bomb on page 94 of the dec. issue of lowrider and really liked the paint job. I noticed that it said it was over a black base. Can you do this with a brandywine or will it be tooo dark?? Is this an easier base to put candy over versus a silver or gold base??? Does anyone here have experience spraying over a black base or do you use a charcoal base?
    Any answers will help. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    BakBumpaCrackaz

YOu can do it -- it will be dark.... less paint then painting over silver or gold ....
    #1 UndeRated from Tha Woodz if you know what i mean / Mo weight in my trunk than a Triple Beam ... Aimed right at night for them quota means / Vita Blend crystal cut for the Phetamines... Scratchin on they skin yeah skinny as fuck / Pushin weight like a Gate In my Big Black Truck................

From the Cut & Grind - To the Paint & Polish .... Im still a Rookie in this Game - But Im far from Novice............"

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    "Mi Familia!"

if i were you and wanted a dark----almost "black cherry" paint job i would use a dark silver base----almost like a smoke base but not black---the reason is just like street sweepaz said if you use black it will be very very dark-----the point being is that you can always make a candy darker by adding more coats----but you can not make it lighter---so if you use the black as a base but it comes out darker than what you want you have to start over-----if you use a dark silver base and gradually spray the "brandywine" you can get it to the darkness that you want it to be--and if it needs to go darker you can just add more coats of candy-----good luck--peace

"richee"
    "......this is not a sport or a hobby...this is my "lifestyle"......."

one of the FOUNDING members of "PREMIER CC-Los Angeles"

"....in order to truely enjoy life you must embrace death...."

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    BakBumpaCrackaz

** I couldnt have explained it with less words..... You caould look at the different shades of paint at your paint store -- House of Kolor has a color chart with the kandy over many different color bases ....... Check it out .........

Hey Lowriderlife, I cracked up at that pic you posted in my section -- that car with the "Dripping" paint.............. That is old school.....
    #1 UndeRated from Tha Woodz if you know what i mean / Mo weight in my trunk than a Triple Beam ... Aimed right at night for them quota means / Vita Blend crystal cut for the Phetamines... Scratchin on they skin yeah skinny as fuck / Pushin weight like a Gate In my Big Black Truck................

From the Cut & Grind - To the Paint & Polish .... Im still a Rookie in this Game - But Im far from Novice............"

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    "Mi Familia!"

Originally posted by STREET SWEEPAZ@Nov 18 2003, 09:59 AM
    ** I couldnt have explained it with less words..... You caould look at the different shades of paint at your paint store -- House of Kolor has a color chart with the kandy over many different color bases ....... Check it out .........

Hey Lowriderlife, I cracked up at that pic you posted in my section -- that car with the "Dripping" paint.............. That is old school.....
    ya that was old bro------i actually pulled out of post your rides section under the 80's hahahaha-----all in good fun bro------

"richee"
    "......this is not a sport or a hobby...this is my "lifestyle"......."

one of the FOUNDING members of "PREMIER CC-Los Angeles"

"....in order to truely enjoy life you must embrace death...."

Aspiring Poster

thanks alot guys, very helpfull. I'll check into the dark silver bases. I'm almost done with all the bodywork and will be ready to paint soon. i'll post some pics in a month or so when i get done with it.

that car sounds nice...
    man, i use house of kolor paints so i am familiar with their products. and what looks really nice would be to paint the brandywine over a black pearl base (there is a few diferent ones to choose from) or just add a pearl to a straight black base. because you need a pearl or metallic to grab the light under your kandy. hope this helps.

9. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information