LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

Kirker Kandy Paint

78K views 288 replies 82 participants last post by  JustCruisin 
#1 ·
I was looking at smartshoppersinc.com and saw kirker came out with a candy paint line. I've used the primer and it works very well.... but havent had the chance to try any of their paints, and i'm interested how this candy paint would look... so anyone with the balls to try this stuff, post some pics

#277 ·
Originally posted by JustCruisin@Aug 12 2008, 01:28 PM~11325591
I used PPG clear for the topcoats, cuz of the UV protection. Cut and buffed, put all my trim back on and put the teal phantom top on.

hey also.how does that paint flow.is it easy coverage.does it lay down nice.is it user friendly or is it just like hok

#279 ·
Anyone use Kirkers 2K Primer/Surfacer? If so, how good is it? How is the coverage and shrinkage?

I am going to be spraying out their Quick Silver Base on my VW. I want to see how well thier paint shoots, and this is the sacraficial vehicle for all that. :biggrin:

#281 ·
ok Im going to try the carbon fiber base coat and chianti candy over that, pics will be in my build topic. Im going to order the paint this friday :biggrin: :puffin:

#282 ·
Originally posted by marathon1218@May 11 2006, 06:20 PM~5412480
:thumbsup:  :thumbsup: we can wait.........

Well guys I kind of desapeered for awile there lol.. better late then never no?.. well this is what happend to the 63..

Hard to see but the top also has green pearl.. it was a last minute *bam* to kick it up a bit lol

I mixed my own funky avocado/green? like base

some simple patterns

the proud owner.. my lil bro Gonzo

inspiring the next generation ;-)

BEFORE

AFTER

and there you have it guys.. conclusion.. kirker candy works.. but I'm sticking to HOK.. there is a defrence and though the car overall came out good, HOK candy has more of a.. well I don't know how to say it except it's more "candylike" lol.. but still you can still have a descent candy paint job with kirker and it's also perfect for beginners.

Alex.

#284 ·
Originally posted by Mi Estilo CC@May 14 2009, 06:20 AM~13881813
Well guys I kind of desapeered for awile there lol.. better late then never no?.. well this is what happend to the 63..

Hard to see but the top also has green pearl.. it was a last minute *bam* to kick it up a bit lol

I mixed my own funky avocado/green? like base

some simple patterns

the proud owner.. my lil bro Gonzo

inspiring the next generation ;-)

BEFORE

AFTER

and there you have it guys.. conclusion.. kirker candy works.. but I'm sticking to HOK.. there is a defrence and though the car overall came out good, HOK candy has more of a.. well I don't know how to say it except it's more "candylike" lol.. but still you can still have a descent candy paint job with kirker and it's also perfect for beginners.

Alex.

Any pix of the setup???

Do you have chaines at the rearend???

#285 ·
^^^Impala were born to 3 wheel mayng ..... Just need the right weight - Even with a 2 pump - they were Born to 3 ..........

What up Mi Estilo ? Car looks good ....... I Like the 3-d effect on the sail panels.....

You can tell the differences in kandy between other companies.... I like PPG's radience Indy Green color..... Not a catalized candy color but it os a transparet mid coat .... I have that going on my 51 truck.

#286 ·
Originally posted by lincolnondubz@Mar 25 2008, 02:53 AM~10248664
well i needed somethin new so i went with kirkers sour apple green metallic. i know its not kandy but i figured id post some pics anyways. i still have no complaints with kirker at all. im very impressed everytime i use it.

saw this on the kirker site...paint looks good

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.