LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

Kirker Kandy Paint

78K views 288 replies 82 participants last post by  JustCruisin 
#1 ·
I was looking at smartshoppersinc.com and saw kirker came out with a candy paint line. I've used the primer and it works very well.... but havent had the chance to try any of their paints, and i'm interested how this candy paint would look... so anyone with the balls to try this stuff, post some pics

#8 ·
hi all...a regular viewer but my 1st post....

i used kirker to paint, porsche red on my bmw 2002 and think it's wonderful...it turned out great...i used the AE with the lazerdry for base then top'd it with MiraClear...

I have never in my life held a paint gun before i did this...i used the $20.00 Harbor Freight gun for the color and a cheap Husky gun for the clear...i sprayed the primers with a cheap syphon feed gun i bought at Tool Depot for $8.00

i got so excited, i ended up painting my Met...i used some dupont Centari AE I bought last year with the lazerdry for base then top'd it with kirker miraclear

for the money, it can't be beat

#16 ·
I know paint jobs always look better in the pictures.... but that looks pretty damn good to me.... especially for a first time painter, cuz i know for a fact my first and second paintjobs looked like absolute shit... post pics of the whole car, finished product

#20 ·
Originally posted by Delo93@Nov 21 2005, 10:14 PM~4253213
I know paint jobs always look better in the pictures.... but that looks pretty damn good to me.... especially for a first time painter, cuz i know for a fact my first and second paintjobs looked like absolute shit... post pics of the whole car, finished product
i will post a pic of the whole care as soon as i get it all buffed and together...right now the doors, hood and trunk lid are off...i thought they'd be easier to buff on horses than on the car

you're right paint jobs do usually look better in pics but trust me this one looks better standing there looking at it....smooth as glass....i'm amazed

i read this forum and a few other for almost a year gathering info then took a deep breath and went for it....i surprised myself, i never expected it to be so easy and turn out so nice

the painting was easy but the sanding & buffing is hard for me...i can only handle that heavy buffer for a short time then i have to break....my husband won't take me up on arm wrestling since i've been doing this

#21 ·
Originally posted by Hundredxsbetter@Nov 21 2005, 10:33 PM~4253337
What the F....! That's clean! Wonder why mine didn't come out like that????
was your's the dark metallic one?...if it were mine, i'd do some more buffing....what kind of compound did you use....it was nice really though....

i'm using nortons liquid ice...a water base product....one polish, 3 pads, no contamination from one pad to the next because of differnt cutting compounds

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.