LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

Kirker Kandy Paint

78K views 288 replies 82 participants last post by  JustCruisin 
#1 ·
I was looking at smartshoppersinc.com and saw kirker came out with a candy paint line. I've used the primer and it works very well.... but havent had the chance to try any of their paints, and i'm interested how this candy paint would look... so anyone with the balls to try this stuff, post some pics

#228 ·
that sour apple green metallic looks tight man. Do you have pics of any of the other cars you sprayed with kirker? Which clear did you use with it, becuz I know they offer different types now? I havent had a chance to use any of their paints yet, but how is the coverage, i heard by a few people that they were thin as hell.

#230 ·
has anybody used their base clear deals?? pics?

#235 ·
the cars in the pictures do not look too bad at all..... i may consider the base clear setup for my daily driver. it was like 270 for a base clear setup including primer/sealer and all of the other crap you might need to paint with. i dont know if i would use it on a show car but for the money it would be great for my driver!

#243 ·
Sprayed the silver miniflake on tuesday, used the WHOLE jar! Bout 4 good coats. Tomorrow is the taping patterns day!

Some of the pattern colors under the candy will be pagan gold, apple red, and pearl blue & lilac(by my thumb)

Gonna do some tape fades, trick effects, whatever...

#244 ·
Originally posted by JustCruisin@May 16 2008, 01:59 PM~10671274
Sprayed the silver miniflake on tuesday, used the WHOLE jar! Bout 4 good coats. Tomorrow is the taping patterns day!

Some of the pattern colors under the candy will be pagan gold, apple red, and pearl blue & lilac(by my thumb)

Gonna do some tape fades, trick effects, whatever...
Looking very nice, did u use HOK miniflake? What clear did u use to sray the miniflake, if u don't mind me asking?

#245 ·
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that in this topic. I used House of Kolor Silver mini-flake mixed with HOK sg-100 Intercoat clear, reduced 1:1, and sprayed it through a 1.5 tip in my Sata 2000HVLP. Layed and sprayed great at about 10-13 psi! Let it dry for an hour then 2 coats of top coat clear.

#250 ·
Originally posted by HAITIAN 305 HOPPER@Jun 4 2008, 01:49 PM~10797602
any updates
Did some patterns and cleared over them.(pics in project rides) This week im sanding the clear smooth so you cant feel the graphics, and this weekend Candy Aquamarine!

Then more pearl patterns and gold leaf...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.