20-24 inch rims on 1972 Cadillac Eldorado FWD
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Enthusiast Poster

I have a 1972 Cadillac Eldorado Convert. It is FWD and i tried to put on 14 inch standards and they stuf out too far, close for would wreck the 1/4s. Anyways i would like to get a set of 20-24 inch rims, this is a 5000 lb with the majority of the weight on the two front. are wires strong enough? the tires on it now measure 28 inched across, so i dont think i will need any suspention work. anyways if anyone has ever done this to a car like this, i would like to see pics and what problems did you occur?

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Enthusiast Poster

Cant anyone help me? I got the cash, just need the info thanks

Aspiring Poster
    Car Club
    SRD

Wires will work, jut try to get as many spokes as possible on them.

If 14 inch standards stick out too much then 20-24's will be even worse. Front wheel drive 20's might work.

Enthusiast Poster

Yeah i guess, i gotta go measure the bolt pattern to the fender skirt. FWD are hella expensive, will they have prblem holding a 5000 lb car?

Aspiring Poster

A FWD wheel measures around 3 inches, from the front side off the brakes to the outerlip off the wheel, excluding the knock off, keep this in mind and you know when it fits your Caddy.

8. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information