who's got air ride for a durango
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Baller Poster

pricing and info
    is there any air bag kits with 4 link out there for a 2000 dodge durango?
    now it's a four wheel drive and is there a way where i can keep the 4 wheel drive and still be bagged. I have been told that i have to convert to two wheel drive is this true?
    my 87 jimmy stockfloored on 20's
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2472134

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Enthusiast Poster

I don't know of any bolt on kits. It can be done though. You're probably not going to be able to lay frame with the 4wd but you can get it a few inches lower.

Up front you'll probably have to have the inner fenders removed and a cage built over the motor. The bags will likely mount off the cage and onto the upper control arm.

Out back is pretty standard with a 4 link of some sort.

It's not going to be cheap. A competent shop shouldn't have much trouble doing it.

due to the space constraints of the 4wd up front hydraulics might be easier in this application.

Baller Poster

thanks lofrontier i will let him no
    my 87 jimmy stockfloored on 20's
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2472134

Baller Poster

i have a 4x4 silverado bagged it lays about 3 inches from the ground and it was a pain in the ass if i were u i would jus take out the 4x4 it prolly cost me 3 times as much as it should have plus just so u know ur gas tank is most likly in the way of the 4 link. if u want any more info pm me.

Enthusiast Poster

I was just reading in the March Street Trucks magazine about drop spindles for 4x4 Chevys from Mc Gaughy's. I know it doesn't help ya for the Rango but I just wanted to throw it out there for anyone looking to lower a 4x4 who might be reading this thread.

Baller Poster

Originally posted by lofrontier@Apr 14 2004, 08:35 AM
    I was just reading in the March Street Trucks magazine about drop spindles for 4x4 Chevys from Mc Gaughy's. I know it doesn't help ya for the Rango but I just wanted to throw it out there for anyone looking to lower a 4x4 who might be reading this thread.
    they have drop kits i dont know about drop spindles they connect to the rotor where the 4x4 goes so it wouldnt work very well unless they are a very weird shape the drop kits u can use are a torsion bar key or a new control arm which jus twists the torsion bar more
    wheres this site u were lookin at?

Addict Poster
    Blog Entries

Originally posted by streetdreams420@Apr 11 2004, 08:28 PM
    is there any air bag kits with 4 link out there for a 2000 dodge durango?
    now it's a four wheel drive and is there a way where i can keep the 4 wheel drive and still be bagged. I have been told that i have to convert to two wheel drive is this true?
    The durango is easy but takes alittle more work. We used a small 2500 bag up front with a small tower built over the upper control arm. The 4 wheel drive doesnt have to be moved at all. The bag sits on the upper control arm in a angle so when the truck lifts up the bag sits str8.
    2004 truck dance world champion
    2005 street car dance world champion
    2006 radical dance champion
    The 1st to bring 40 inch wheels to the world
    world highest vertical jump on air-bags
    1st to roll a original fully loaded g-body v-6on air bags

My skills make me Famous
    Juggernaut - 2 PUMP super dancer coming soon 2011! DELAYED

Enthusiast Poster

Originally posted by northwestG@Apr 14 2004, 01:19 PM

they have drop kits i dont know about drop spindles they connect to the rotor where the 4x4 goes so it wouldnt work very well unless they are a very weird shape the drop kits u can use are a torsion bar key or a new control arm which jus twists the torsion bar more
    wheres this site u were lookin at?
    check it!

http://www.mcgaughysclassic.com/tahoe.html

and check out the March 2004 Street Trucks mag page 116 for the tech article where they installed the kit on an escalade

Baller Poster

i'ma call them tommorrow but it looks kinda wrong because they have coils mixed with torsion keys and my truck had leafs mixed with torsion bars. it looks like they are really lookin for 2wd not 4

Enthusiast Poster

The coils are for the rear of the truck. I guess the new burbans, tahoes, escalades and stuff have 4 links and coils in the back. I'm sure they have something different for the rears of pickups.

The Street Trucks article didn't use the torsion keys. I guess you can install those for another 1 or 2 inches of drop up front.

The Mc Gaughys web site wasn't as informative as I was hoping on this stuff.

12. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information