Should i loose my front shocks? - Page 2
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Addict Poster

Originally posted by 1lowx99@Apr 13 2007, 08:47 PM~7687224
    I removed my sway bar.* Don't have any issues on city streets or on the interstate ramps.* So i think i'll leave mine off.* Also, i didn't even like the way my truck responded without shocks so i reinstalled them.* I like the way the truck handles,* and it rides better than when it was just lowered.

Ya I think mine got broke in. My side to side is better...

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Baller Poster

what about shockwaves???? what's your opinion on them?

Addict Poster

My buddy has no shocks up front and his truck rides better than a caddy! Its like riding on air.............wait

Aspiring Poster

Which line of QA1 shocks do i need for my bag set up? I want the car to sit 1" from the ground. i plan on getting SS7 for all 4 bags. Also its on a 78 Monte Carlo.

Baller Poster

WOW you definitely used the search function to dig up this old thread. Most pple dont even bother, so you def deserve credit.
    IG: @thegreek96

Aspiring Poster

Thanks, i try to do the best i can.

Car Club
    Columbus Cars & Coffee

I have a big factory sway bar on my 1978 Lincoln Continental Mark V and was worried after installing airbags that it would be too wallowy without front shocks.

I've got a Thor Brothers shock-relo kit, but couldn't find a good spot from a clearance standpoint.

Happy to report I air up the front 2500lb bags to around 110psi and it's a solid ride, even in bumpy Midwestern highways and roads. There's a "diving board" effect you have to worry about: MAKE SURE THE REARS ARE AIRED SOFTER THAN THE FRONTS. That way, the rear bags and shocks soak up bumps and bounces over the fronts.
    *** Clay *** 1978 Lincoln Continental Mark V

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist57 View Post
    I have a big factory sway bar on my 1978 Lincoln Continental Mark V and was worried after installing airbags that it would be too wallowy without front shocks.

I've got a Thor Brothers shock-relo kit, but couldn't find a good spot from a clearance standpoint.

Happy to report I air up the front 2500lb bags to around 110psi and it's a solid ride, even in bumpy Midwestern highways and roads. There's a "diving board" effect you have to worry about: MAKE SURE THE REARS ARE AIRED SOFTER THAN THE FRONTS. That way, the rear bags and shocks soak up bumps and bounces over the fronts.
    Same. On a 98 Silverado. No shocks up front. Ride front just a hair under locked up and back half way. Rides great, no bouncing.

10. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information