Should i loose my front shocks?
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BIGGIE

Fullsize SUV
    I lost a small bit of turning radius, nothing to cry over, when the front shocks were relocated. Not much more room to relocate them even more. But i was wondering how many people toss their front shocks aside alltogether? On another website some poeple keep them other don't depending on the ride they want? Are there any other pros and cons besides the ride quality. Spongy vs. firm?
    94 Fleetwood- BLUE COLLAR
    http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index...owtopic=444856

Excuses are like assholes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Enthusiast Poster

depends, you still running sway bar?

I always run front shocks for customers, my own ride well I can handle no shocks.

We have some tricks when doing shocks to get them to fit better and not loose turning radius.

Baller Poster

I can't see any reason to take out the front shocks. In my eyes, it is definitely worth the extra work to add shocks. Since you have done it, the brackets are there. Unbolt the shocks and drive around. You can decide for yourself. For my customers, I install shocks on every vehicle. It is common to lose some turning radius depending on tire and rim size. If you take your time and plan it out, you can position them in a way so you dont lose any turning. It all depends on how creative you want to get. By removing them, you will gain speed on the lift and drop but the ride will become much more bouncy. The shock dampens the ride.

When you do it, post your reaction to the ride with and without the shocks.
    IG: @thegreek96

BIGGIE

The guy installing my air removed the shocks to see what the ride was like. He said i got back my full turning radius ( not that i lost a whole lot with the shocks) but the ride was really spongy and soft, too soft for his liking. So i trust his opinion, besides, i liked the way it rode before i was just kinda curious.

So i guess its up to the person and their personal comfort.

Baller Poster

Thats what I figured. Everyone has their own preference.
    Honestly, you could play around with shock position. I didnt lose any turning radius with the Navigator that I bagged.

Addict Poster

i took off the shocks on my hearse and love it. i can play around with the front and love the bounce i get with out them. Ride hasnt changed a awful lot id say though
    Hearse Project " End of Days " http://www.layitlow.com/forums/29-pr...-end-days.html
    Rape: avoiding awkward first dates.

Baller Poster

You love the bounce, but that bounce is uncontrolled suspension movement. It's you car bouncing on the spring with nothing to dampen it. It is no longer a suspension system. In some cases that bounce can lead to disaster. Its all preference. On your own car its no big deal, but from a shop's point of view, you cant risk a customers safety unless they specifically dont want them.

Addict Poster

Originally posted by nyccustomizer@Apr 8 2007, 09:24 PM~7646101
    You love the bounce, but that bounce is uncontrolled suspension movement.¬* It's you car bouncing on the spring with nothing to dampen it.¬* It is no longer a suspension system.¬* In some cases that bounce can lead to disaster.¬* Its all preference.¬* On your own car its no big deal, but from a shop's point of view, you cant risk a customers safety unless they specifically dont want them.
    ya if u dry like a ass or dont pay attention to whats in front of you. my car weighs over 6k and even when i go over tracks it dont bounce like hell only when im parked flickin the switch for the front
    Hearse Project " End of Days " http://www.layitlow.com/forums/29-pr...-end-days.html
    Rape: avoiding awkward first dates.

BIGGIE

Yeah it was too much bounce for me. Id end up crushin' somthing, and i hear you on the wieght of your ride.

That would look cool though to see that boat hit the front and watch it sit there and bounce.

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    Uso C.C. (T.C.,MN)

with a big ass vehicle, if you're driving it alot keep the shocks on.

This is why I'm awesome:

Aspiring Poster

Originally posted by hearseballa@Apr 8 2007, 08:57 PM~7646783
    ya if u dry like a ass or dont pay attention to whats in front of you. my car weighs over 6k and even when i go over tracks¬* it dont bounce like hell only when im parked flickin the switch for the front
    Damn a car that weighs more than my truck :0
    right now I'm running stock replacement monroes relocated to fit, but i'm ordering some QA1 adjustable replacements due to the new suspension having ungodly body roll I may also throw a sway bar on there that dad took off one of his trucks

Baller Poster

Originally posted by Fordguy545@Apr 9 2007, 08:33 PM~7654464
    Damn a car that weighs more than my truck :0
    right now I'm running stock replacement monroes relocated to fit, but i'm ordering some QA1 adjustable replacements due to the new suspension having ungodly body roll I may also throw a sway bar on there that dad took off one of his trucks
    Are you running 4 valves or 8 valves?

Enthusiast Poster

Originally posted by nyccustomizer@Apr 8 2007, 07:24 PM~7646101
    You love the bounce, but that bounce is uncontrolled suspension movement.¬* It's you car bouncing on the spring with nothing to dampen it.¬* It is no longer a suspension system.¬* In some cases that bounce can lead to disaster.¬* Its all preference.¬* On your own car its no big deal, but from a shop's point of view, you cant risk a customers safety unless they specifically dont want them.

If you dont run shocks, keep the swaybars, run a firm bag, use 8 valves.

No shocks on a 2way with no swaybars is horrible.

We put shocks on everything that leaves our shop, if the customer wants to pull them off they can, but the police will fuck you for not having shocks around here because its un-safe.

Plus the ride is 100x better with a good shock.

Enthusiast Poster

I rode my Olds Delta 88 without shocks or swaybar for a while and it was unsafe.....bounced constantly Then i got shocks put on and it drives much better

Aspiring Poster

Originally posted by nyccustomizer@Apr 10 2007, 09:13 AM~7657449
    Are you running 4 valves or 8 valves?
    Its got 4 - 3 position spool valves. One to each wheel. The rear axle used to act as my sway bar due to the old two link now

Enthusiast Poster

shocks, swaybars, 8 way setup no side/side. best ride.

Enthusiast Poster

yeah I seen one without and one with even look from outside I can see the difference.. keep it on... prez of club I'm in he doesn't have it and another 2 members do have all driving dime though it's a huge difference on the ride quality.
    always under construction.....

Post your Ride Video here!
    TruckClub I'm a member of check it out!
    http://www.exceedinglimit.net

Addict Poster

What up air boys!!!!!!!! I found a better sway bar bushing and seems to work now. Auto zone red ones work great so far. The only thing is I lost 50% of my side to side. But tire pull has cleaned up and she rides better. I also lay down even now...

BIGGIE

I removed my sway bar. Don't have any issues on city streets or on the interstate ramps. So i think i'll leave mine off. Also, i didn't even like the way my truck responded without shocks so i reinstalled them. I like the way the truck handles, and it rides better than when it was just lowered.

Aspiring Poster

I started on putting on my QA1's today along with a rebent rear swaybar off my dads F-250. Things like 1" solid

22. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information