Lowering my bronco?
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Rod Benders cc

I need some help and opinions
    Hey guys,
    I've been thinking about lowering my ford bronco, the only problem is that it's 4wd. I've seen 3/5 drop kits with dropped I beams and shackles n hangers for the f-150 (same suspension) but, I don't know if they work on 4wd cars. Does anyone know if it's possible to lower a 4wd car, without making it 2wd. I drive the car 60 miles a day to school, and the winter is rough here, so it has to stay 4wd. I know a lot of people say it's stupid to lower a 4wd car, but the bronco isn't for off road, I have a jeep for that. What do you guys think about lowering a 4wd car? Here are some pics of what it's like, and what I would want to lower it to:
    here's stock

here's lowered

thanks guys
    ~Frank

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Addict Poster

do not do this! only make it 2wd to lower it.
    the bronco has i-beams and when you lower them down by just a spring...wow talk about bad camber!! and that makes the axle houseing really fucking close to the frame way to close for a goood ride.
    no talent, no skill, just heart.

Enthusiast Poster

i've seen a broncoII lowered b4 but i dont know about a full size,.... by the way hows u fairlane comin along, i wanna see it when its done
    hittin lowrider switches, fuckin mexican bitches

Addict Poster

Originally posted by SufficientGrounds@Jul 6 2004, 10:14 AM
    i've seen a broncoII lowered b4 but i dont know about a full size,.... by the way hows u fairlane comin along, i wanna see it when its done
    yeah i have seen some bronco II's done before but they swapped out for 2wd

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Rod Benders cc

Mark,
    Thanks for the reply, that's what I was afraid of. I've seen some bronco IIs done too, that's why I thought it might be possible with the fullsize, guess not though! Thanks for the info

Sufficient grounds,
    Thanks for your reply, the fairlane is coming along ok. Right now the motor is out and almost put back together. It's the stock 289, bored .030 over, with a mild street cam and hydraulic lifters, and then all the basic rebuild stuff. I'll post some pics of it when I get it all done. Other than that, I've swapped in some bucket seats from an 80's mustang, done up some of the interior (still gotta perfect it), and did a little body work. Here's the latest picture I have of it all together, I don't know if I posted it before or not...

but, that pic is a little old, I'll go out today and get some more pics of what I've done, and I'll let you know when it's finished.

~Frank~

Addict Poster

makes such a coool lowrider...no ones doin it. i love seeing them like that

not mess with the bronco, but it would be tough!

BUT white walls would back that thing POP!!! NAA'MEAN!

SPELL CHECK
    Car Club
    Twizted Stylz

Sweet car, but yeah, some whitewalls and knockoffs would set it off right.

Cheers,
    Jeff
    Cars, trucks, motorcycles

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Rod Benders cc

Hey guys,
    thanks for all the replies, lol mark are you talkin about the bronco or the fairlane with the white walls? The fairlane will get some whitewalls next time I go for tires, I couldn't find them in the size I wanted. If I did end up lowering the bronco (but probably won't cuz I want to keep it 4wd) I'd have to slap on some big wires or somethin, can't keep the rock crusher rims on lol. I got some fresh pics of the fairlane today, I'll post em up in an update thread in the post your rides forum, check it out.
    Thanks again

~Frank~

Addict Poster

Originally posted by lowriding 'lane@Jul 6 2004, 03:31 PM
    Hey guys,
    thanks for all the replies, lol mark are you talkin about the bronco or the fairlane with the white walls? The fairlane will get some whitewalls next time I go for tires, I couldn't find them in the size I wanted. If I did end up lowering the bronco (but probably won't cuz I want to keep it 4wd) I'd have to slap on some big wires or somethin, can't keep the rock crusher rims on lol. I got some fresh pics of the fairlane today, I'll post em up in an update thread in the post your rides forum, check it out.
    Thanks again

~Frank~
    BOTH

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    LowSide C.C.

Why not throw some bigass chrome wires on the bornco how it is?!@
    LSIVLYFE

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Rod Benders cc

Hey bagged conti,
    I thought about throwing on some like 22" wires on it, and i'm still thinkin about it, but I think it'd look even better with 22" wires and lowered . If I do eventually go with big wires, I'll let you know.

~Frank~

13. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information