LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

Bagged Fox Mustang

8K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  my1sthonda 
#1 ·
I am thinkin about baggin my 89 mustang gt after seeing one that was bagged for sale on the net. i have a couple questions though about doing it. i know that for the front i can get a bolt on kit but for the rear i have heard that it will need to be welded. I called suicide doors and airbagit and they both agreed that the rear kit is a weld on. my question is how hard is it to do. is it worth it. because of the rear part having to be welded can i always go back to a stock suspension if i had to. although its a show car i dont want to decrease the value of the car by cutting it up. its an origional 60k mile car and is in excelent shape. there are some custom things i have done to it like a 10k watt stereo but its nothing that i cant take out to put it back to its origional state to keep its value. and yes its no bull shit im really pushin 10k watts. if i can put the stock suspension back on it without any hastle ill probly end up doing it but if not ill just end up with some 3" drop spring or somthin. im just lookin to do somthin different and no one around my way has a bagged fox body mustang. im the first with this kind of stereo system in a fox body mustang in my area and possibly in the US. if it came to a point that i decided to sell it if the person didnt want the bag set up i could go back to stock with no problem. thats what im looking for. also if you could post any pics of some mustangs bagged that would be cool. thanks

#6 ·
If you have some fabrication skills, you could make a bolt on kit for it. You may not get as much drop as you would get if you weld it in, but it doesnt sound like thats a priority. I make all the brackets I use bolt in, especially the uppers. On that car, the coils sit on perches on the rear right? You could make a small adapter and a bolt in upper cup.

#8 ·
thanks for the response. im not looking to lay frame or anything just to get it decently low. if it was welded on how hard is it to reverse what you have done. how much drop do you think i will get out of it. keep me posted on the process of the stang you are doing phatz. thanks guys

#13 ·
Originally posted by phatz@Nov 8 2007, 09:04 AM~9182129
AIRLIFT KIT ON MY BODYSHOPS CAR..

Complete bolt in kit. He was happy and loves it. We have the kit instock too.

lol, first thing I said to myself when I saw this picture... Need For Speed :cheesy:

#14 ·
Nice car SQUEAKYG looks great major difference from what it looked like stock. how your ride quality even though its really not a concern to me just wandering and how hard was it to do the lambos. also nice car Phatz looks good. thats a air lift product correct? and also thanks Jeremy@Air Lift ive been lookin all over for a bolt on kit and everything i have found is weld on in the rear. thanks guys if anyone else has some pics of yours or a pics you found please post.

#15 ·
Here's mine. It has hydros not air bags but thought I'd post it anyways :biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.