Bagged Fox Mustang
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Aspiring Poster

I am thinkin about baggin my 89 mustang gt after seeing one that was bagged for sale on the net. i have a couple questions though about doing it. i know that for the front i can get a bolt on kit but for the rear i have heard that it will need to be welded. I called suicide doors and airbagit and they both agreed that the rear kit is a weld on. my question is how hard is it to do. is it worth it. because of the rear part having to be welded can i always go back to a stock suspension if i had to. although its a show car i dont want to decrease the value of the car by cutting it up. its an origional 60k mile car and is in excelent shape. there are some custom things i have done to it like a 10k watt stereo but its nothing that i cant take out to put it back to its origional state to keep its value. and yes its no bull shit im really pushin 10k watts. if i can put the stock suspension back on it without any hastle ill probly end up doing it but if not ill just end up with some 3" drop spring or somthin. im just lookin to do somthin different and no one around my way has a bagged fox body mustang. im the first with this kind of stereo system in a fox body mustang in my area and possibly in the US. if it came to a point that i decided to sell it if the person didnt want the bag set up i could go back to stock with no problem. thats what im looking for. also if you could post any pics of some mustangs bagged that would be cool. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Aspiring Poster

Nobody has any input.

Aspiring Poster

Aspiring Poster

Aspiring Poster

i posted some pics of it. basiclly this is what i want.

Baller Poster

If you have some fabrication skills, you could make a bolt on kit for it. You may not get as much drop as you would get if you weld it in, but it doesnt sound like thats a priority. I make all the brackets I use bolt in, especially the uppers. On that car, the coils sit on perches on the rear right? You could make a small adapter and a bolt in upper cup.

Enthusiast Poster

we are doing a mustang now, they dont lay out that much, will post pics when at the shop,

Aspiring Poster

thanks for the response. im not looking to lay frame or anything just to get it decently low. if it was welded on how hard is it to reverse what you have done. how much drop do you think i will get out of it. keep me posted on the process of the stang you are doing phatz. thanks guys

Aspiring Poster
    1-800-248-0892 ext.252
    jhart@airliftcompany.com
    myspace.com/airliftcompany

Enthusiast Poster

AIRLIFT KIT ON MY BODYSHOPS CAR..

Complete bolt in kit. He was happy and loves it. We have the kit instock too.

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    BAG THAT SHIT

SQUEAKY KLEAN
    1529 LAKELAND AVE
    BOHEMIA NY 11716
    631-666-8898
    IN BUSINESS SINCE 1991
    NEW YORK DISTRIBUTOR OF CCE HYDRAULICS
    SHOP WEBSITE
    http://WWW.SQUEAKYKLEANAUTO.COM
    MY SPACE HOMEPAGE
    http://www.myspace.com/squeakykleanauto

Baller Poster

Ive used the bolt-in airlift and ART kits. Cant go wrong. I didnt realize that they all use the same kit. You will be happy.

I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!

Originally posted by phatz@Nov 8 2007, 09:04 AM~9182129
    AIRLIFT KIT ON MY BODYSHOPS CAR..

Complete bolt in kit. He was happy and loves it. We have the kit instock too.

lol, first thing I said to myself when I saw this picture... Need For Speed
    IT'S OFFICIAL I'M BACK TO IMPORTS

Quote: screwed up loco, Feb 4 2006, 07:11 PM
    I GOT TIRED OF ALWAYS LOSIN MY TEMPER WITH BITCHES. I JUST SMILE AND ACCEPT THEM FOR WHAT THEY ARE..........BITCHES.

Quote: phatz, Mar 13 2006, 04:00 PM
    3/4" is overkill homeboy.

Altered Altitude Customs 1.866.FUKN.LOW
    Serving Canada and the United States
    http://www.airaissted.com - store

Aspiring Poster

Nice car SQUEAKYG looks great major difference from what it looked like stock. how your ride quality even though its really not a concern to me just wandering and how hard was it to do the lambos. also nice car Phatz looks good. thats a air lift product correct? and also thanks Jeremy@Air Lift ive been lookin all over for a bolt on kit and everything i have found is weld on in the rear. thanks guys if anyone else has some pics of yours or a pics you found please post.

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    The Crowd of San Diego!!!

Here's mine. It has hydros not air bags but thought I'd post it anyways

DON'T BE A BITCH, C'MON HIT THAT SWITCH!!!

2001 Mustang RagTop Lowrider ~ 2 Pump Reds Fatmax Setup, Custom Sound System, Rollin on real Dayton's!!! Future modifications coming soon...

1970 Chevy Monte Carlo SS fully restored rollin on 100 spoke all chrome 13'z, custom sound system. Future modifications coming soon...

I DON'T NEED ANYBODY TO WORK ON MY RIDES OR HIT MY SWITCHES I DO THAT SHIT MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aspiring Poster

yea da lay out isnt dat crazy wit da bags on da stang but y not.

18. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information