york vs sanden
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: york vs sanden

  1. #1
    Aspiring Poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Hey I found both compressors, sanden sd508 and york 210 in a local junkyard. Which one do you think is better for my air ride system????. pro and cons......????
    the sanden came from a 90 cherokee and the york from an old volvo.

    any suggestion will be appretiated.
    jp

  2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Baller Poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Your Moms House
    Posts
    1,253

    Default

    Depends what its on...In my application i couldnt fit a york.. The your will have a bit better CFM but I am filling 11 gallons with my sanden from 0-215psi in about 2 mins... if you have the room the yorks are nice cuz they have the oil sump.. the sandens you need and oiler.. i have been running my sanden for 2 years with no hick-ups

    This is through the passanger side wheel well.. tight fit...


    This is kinda to show you were its mounted
    FUCK YOUR DONK, THIS IS A LOWRIDER SIGHT..
    **IM THE GUY YOUR MOM WARNED YOU ABOUT**
    **You got to be a stupid motherfucker to get fired on your day off**
    **OH Canada**

    ** theres a difference between knowing me and knowing about me, if your gonna speak **
    ** Support local EIGHTY ONE**

  4. #3
    I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    14,255

    Default

    x2. If you can fit a York then by all means do it to it. But if you can't then the Sanden is your best bet.
    IT'S OFFICIAL I'M BACK TO IMPORTS

    Quote: screwed up loco, Feb 4 2006, 07:11 PM
    I GOT TIRED OF ALWAYS LOSIN MY TEMPER WITH BITCHES. I JUST SMILE AND ACCEPT THEM FOR WHAT THEY ARE..........BITCHES.

    Quote: phatz, Mar 13 2006, 04:00 PM
    3/4" is overkill homeboy.

    Altered Altitude Customs 1.866.FUKN.LOW
    Serving Canada and the United States
    http://www.airaissted.com - store

  5. #4
    Baller Poster
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    665
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    go to s10forum, they have alot of info in the bagginit sec. just search , i heard sadens are good for up to 300psi in a 5 gal tank, any more is streaching it, im going for a saden cause i can hook it up right where my ac compressor is, and i can find them in the junk yards easy, found like 4 or 5 this last weekend and they are like 21$, on ebay they run around 150 to 300, those being new though.

  6. #5
    do it in a datsun!!
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    INDIANA
    Posts
    14,493

    Default

    Originally posted by jtl51603@Feb 2 2008, 07:59 PM~9850975
    go to s10forum, they have alot of info in the bagginit sec. just search , i heard sadens are good for up to 300psi in a 5 gal tank, any more is streaching it, im going for a saden¬* cause i can hook it up right where my ac compressor is, and i can find them in the junk yards easy, found like 4 or 5 this last weekend and they are like 21$, on ebay they run around 150 to 300, those being new though.
    we used to run the sanden's to 300 and they would stop working shortly after

  7. #6
    I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    14,255

    Default

    Originally posted by impala_631@Feb 3 2008, 05:34 AM~9853715
    we used to run the sanden's to 300 and they would stop working shortly after
    mine wouldn't
    IT'S OFFICIAL I'M BACK TO IMPORTS

    Quote: screwed up loco, Feb 4 2006, 07:11 PM
    I GOT TIRED OF ALWAYS LOSIN MY TEMPER WITH BITCHES. I JUST SMILE AND ACCEPT THEM FOR WHAT THEY ARE..........BITCHES.

    Quote: phatz, Mar 13 2006, 04:00 PM
    3/4" is overkill homeboy.

    Altered Altitude Customs 1.866.FUKN.LOW
    Serving Canada and the United States
    http://www.airaissted.com - store

  8. #7
    Baller Poster
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    665
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Originally posted by impala_631@Feb 3 2008, 07:34 AM~9853715
    we used to run the sanden's to 300 and they would stop working shortly after
    guy over at s10 forums was saying he ran his at 300 all the time with no probs, but he also said it was for 5 gallons and anything over that would toast it. how many was you running??(gallons that is)

  9. #8
    Baller Poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Your Moms House
    Posts
    1,253

    Default

    Originally posted by jtl51603@Feb 3 2008, 09:06 PM~9858237
    guy over at s10 forums was saying he ran his at 300 all the time with no probs, but he also said it was for 5 gallons and anything over that would toast it. how many was you running??(gallons that is)
    im running 11 gallons at 200 psi for 2 years...no one hickup
    FUCK YOUR DONK, THIS IS A LOWRIDER SIGHT..
    **IM THE GUY YOUR MOM WARNED YOU ABOUT**
    **You got to be a stupid motherfucker to get fired on your day off**
    **OH Canada**

    ** theres a difference between knowing me and knowing about me, if your gonna speak **
    ** Support local EIGHTY ONE**

  10. #9
    I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    14,255

    Default

    Originally posted by jtl51603@Feb 3 2008, 10:06 PM~9858237
    guy over at s10 forums was saying he ran his at 300 all the time with no probs, but he also said it was for 5 gallons and anything over that would toast it. how many was you running??(gallons that is)
    I ran it on a 8 gallon at first then added a 5 gallon... but took the 5 out cause it didn't really make a difference in play time.
    IT'S OFFICIAL I'M BACK TO IMPORTS

    Quote: screwed up loco, Feb 4 2006, 07:11 PM
    I GOT TIRED OF ALWAYS LOSIN MY TEMPER WITH BITCHES. I JUST SMILE AND ACCEPT THEM FOR WHAT THEY ARE..........BITCHES.

    Quote: phatz, Mar 13 2006, 04:00 PM
    3/4" is overkill homeboy.

    Altered Altitude Customs 1.866.FUKN.LOW
    Serving Canada and the United States
    http://www.airaissted.com - store

  11. #10
    Baller Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    EAST SAN DIEGO
    Posts
    336

    Default

    I got this york in my 70 impala custom...and i wanna put bags on the ride what does this
    need done to it and will this work well





















    Just last week my girl was stressin me
    Now her best friend be underssin me
    Well I was lovin her by the moon ray

  12. #11
    OHH YEEEAH!!!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlantis
    Car Club
    SLIM JIMS
    Posts
    1,713
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Yorks are generally more plentiful in junkyards, when/if it goes out it'll make it easier to replace.
    anybody could be no one

  13. #12
    I'm still around.
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Tri-Cities, WA
    Car Club
    New Friends C.C.
    Posts
    7,871

    Default

    What rides do these compressors come on? Anyone have a list or a website? I've done a little research but haven't really come up with anything. I'm tryin to talk my homie into getting one. I wasn't impressed with his AZ. I'm more of a hydraulics guy myself.

  14. #13
    OHH YEEEAH!!!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlantis
    Car Club
    SLIM JIMS
    Posts
    1,713
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Originally posted by Long Roof@Feb 10 2008, 01:42 AM~9907046
    What rides do these compressors come on?¬* Anyone have a list or a website?¬* I've done a little research but haven't really come up with anything.¬* I'm tryin to talk my homie into getting one.¬* I wasn't impressed with his AZ.¬* I'm more of a hydraulics guy myself.
    Yorks?
    I think they were equipped on 60's- 80's model Fords/Lincoln/Mercury's, volvos, amc, Jaguars, & some big trucks had 'em. I've seen them on Farm equipment like harvester tractors & cranes to.
    Yea, these guys with the electric comps are just wasting time & money, unless they're using an edc or an oasis.
    anybody could be no one

  15. #14
    Baller Poster
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    665
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Originally posted by maddogg20/20@Feb 9 2008, 09:21 PM~9904137
    Yorks are generally more plentiful in junkyards, when/if it goes out it'll make it easier to replace.
    sadens are pretty easy too, in alot of jeep, dodge and vw's. didnt see alot of yorks when i went the junk yard, but then again i wasnt really looking for them, i didnt think they were in a lot of cars.

  16. #15
    I'm still around.
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Tri-Cities, WA
    Car Club
    New Friends C.C.
    Posts
    7,871

    Default

    What do I need to look for, when trying to find a York or Sanden?

  17. #16
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1

    Default

    link shows what cars have em and some setup info

    http://www.streetsourcemag.com/forum/topic...&M=False&S=True

  18. #17
    I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    14,255

    Default

    Originally posted by lowrdimpala@Feb 12 2008, 06:22 AM~9922573
    link shows what cars have em and some setup info

    http://www.streetsourcemag.com/forum/topic...&M=False&S=True
    good lookin, VERY great reading recommend it to others.
    IT'S OFFICIAL I'M BACK TO IMPORTS

    Quote: screwed up loco, Feb 4 2006, 07:11 PM
    I GOT TIRED OF ALWAYS LOSIN MY TEMPER WITH BITCHES. I JUST SMILE AND ACCEPT THEM FOR WHAT THEY ARE..........BITCHES.

    Quote: phatz, Mar 13 2006, 04:00 PM
    3/4" is overkill homeboy.

    Altered Altitude Customs 1.866.FUKN.LOW
    Serving Canada and the United States
    http://www.airaissted.com - store

  19. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements
     


 

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts