nitrogen or helium
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Baller Poster

which one is better or easier refill
    just sum questions for people running helium and o2 ok first of all wen its hooked up do u have to use it or can u go with air also like can u turn it off and run air also how much is a good amount to have and i kno depending on how switch happy u are how long does it usualy last? any info would be great

thanks in advace
    "60% of the time it works........everytime.."

"That doesnt make sense"

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Addict Poster

yes you can close ur tank and use normal air. as for how much...
    Hearse Project " End of Days " http://www.layitlow.com/forums/29-pr...-end-days.html
    Rape: avoiding awkward first dates.

Baller Poster

ok well what kind of tanks can i use? do they have to be massive? or and i use 2 scuba tanks? also were do i locate them

"That doesnt make sense"

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    UNDERGROUND KUSTOMZ

i have used both on my ride.

Nitrogen is sort of like the air your compressor pumps. But since its in a special bottle, its more compressed, and theres no moisture.

Helium is a totally different gas. It is made of smaller molecules(smaller particals) and is alot lighter than comressed air or Nitrogen, and like Nitrogen also has no moisture. I have been told that since Helium is lighter and composed of smaller molecules, that it has a tendency of seeping through the valves and leaking into the bags. I didnt notice it the couple of times I used it.

I would recommend you go with Nitrogen for a few reasons. First Nitrogen is alot cheaper than Helium (for a 300cu ft tank I pay $32 for nitrogen and $75 for helium). Second unless you plan on hopping some serious inches go with Helium, since its lighter it flows alot quicker than Nitrogen.

As far as how long it lasts, that all depends on what size tank you plan on getting. Theres tanks from 25cu ft up to 300cu ft.

For example, a 300cu ft Nitrogen tank on my car would last me about two weeks going back and forth to work. That includes filling up in the morning to 300psi, lifting the car to drive height and closing the tank,come home and hit the switch a few times and drop the pressure to about 100psi.

As far as hooking it up you will need a pressure regulator to set it to what ever pressure you want. If you dont intsall a regulator the first time you open the tank you probably blowup your airtank with about 2000psi. You can pick up a decent regulator at a welding supply store for around $70.

And since your running a compressor(s) I suggest you install a check valve on the compressor leader hose to prevent any back feeding into the head and possibly ruining your comp.
    UNDERGROUND KUSTOMZ CEN*CAL NOR*CAL .

BUILT NOT BOUGHT.

Baller Poster

helium is the shit go with that (if you have deeeep pockets.) I go with helium once in a while but it's gotten to damn expensive cost like 130 for the big bottle. I have to rent them from the party supply store. I keep nitrogen to run with on the regular. It's fast but not like helium. here's a link of my car with helium
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=d4h7Z4HTheg

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    UNDERGROUND KUSTOMZ

Originally posted by bkjaydog@Feb 28 2008, 08:11 PM~10054122
    helium is the shit go with that (if you have deeeep pockets.) I go with helium once in a while but it's gotten to damn expensive cost like 130 for the big bottle. I have to rent them from the party supply store. I keep nitrogen to run with on the regular. It's fast but not like helium. here's a link of my car with helium
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=d4h7Z4HTheg
    :0
    damn, then im getting a hell of a deal. i pay 70 for a 300cu ft.

BUILT NOT BOUGHT.

Baller Poster

I have an 8.5 gal. tank with slam RE7's rated at 300psi with 1/2" everything,right now I am running at 200psi. If I wanted to run nitrogen into my tank what is the sugested psi to set the regulater to? Do I set it at 200psi, or how does that work? Just asking, thinking of to the next level.
    Generation performance Inc. Boston Ma.

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    UNDERGROUND KUSTOMZ

Originally posted by GP one@Mar 1 2008, 05:02 PM~10066283
    I have an 8.5 gal. tank with slam RE7's rated at 300psi with 1/2" everything,right now I am running at 200psi. If I wanted to run nitrogen into my tank what is the sugested psi to set the regulater to? Do I set it at 200psi, or how does that work? Just asking, thinking of to the next level.¬*
    just set it at 200psi. then go up from there.what you gotta remember is that nirtogen is a constant supply of air. so what ever your setting is thats the pressure you will always have in your tank. more pressure more fun

BUILT NOT BOUGHT.

Baller Poster

Originally posted by badcayne@Mar 1 2008, 10:56 PM~10067152
    just set it at 200psi. then go up from there.what you gotta remember is that nirtogen is a constant supply of air. so what ever your setting is thats the pressure you will always have in your tank. more pressure more fun¬*
    Thanks, that helps, I was thinking the same thing. Just needed to double check, but with my system system being rated at 300psi. I should not exceed that I would guess. To be on the safe side.

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    UNDERGROUND KUSTOMZ

Originally posted by GP one@Mar 2 2008, 07:49 AM~10069517
    Thanks, that helps, I was thinking the same thing. Just needed to double check, but with my system system being rated at 300psi. I should not exceed that I would guess. To be on the safe side.¬*
    not nessaceraliy. bags are rated at 300 but they will handle 400. but i would only do it a few times just to see the differance in speed.

in my car i had RE6s up front and i would pump up the pressure to 360 and they took it like champs.now i have XS6s and i pump 400 in them like its nothing. i have all 1/2" everything. the tank is rated at 150 max i belive and the hoses are rated at 200 max but they take 400 like its nothing.

BUILT NOT BOUGHT.

Baller Poster

Originally posted by badcayne@Mar 3 2008, 04:09 AM~10075030
    not nessaceraliy. bags are rated at 300 but they will handle 400. but i would only do it a few times just to see the differance in speed.

in my car i had RE6s up front and i would pump up the pressure to 360 and they took it like champs.now i have XS6s and i pump 400 in them like its nothing. i have all 1/2" everything. the tank is rated at 150 max i belive and the hoses are rated at 200 max but they take 400 like its nothing.
    I understand that everything is rated at a curtain psi but it will take more. Thanks for all your help.

Baller Poster

hey would any one have sum trunk shots of tanks in there trunk so i cud get an idea of the size of them and inclide the size of ur tank if any one posts thanks

"That doesnt make sense"

Enthusiast Poster

Helium prices skyrocketed here!!!

Nitrogen is piss water cheap, for a daily I would only use nitrogen! Easier on the pocketbook!

Baller Poster

Originally posted by phatz@Mar 6 2008, 08:13 AM~10102982
    Helium prices skyrocketed here!!!

Nitrogen is piss water cheap, for a daily I would only use nitrogen! Easier on the pocketbook!

hey phatz im only in oshawa how much cud u hook a regulater and wuts a good size bottle for?

"That doesnt make sense"

Baller Poster

so no one has pics of tanks in there trunk?

"That doesnt make sense"

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Loser

it just looks like a welding bottle or like that clown blowing up bollons for you. same shit.
    www.AirAssisted.Com

sales@airassisted.com

We stock all air suspension parts. Call Or Email for a Quote!
    Ship Same Day - Tracking Number Same Day
    Toll Free Tech Support 1-866-FUK-NLOW

Baller Poster

Originally posted by Simplicity@Mar 7 2008, 05:18 PM~10114430
    it just looks like a welding bottle or like that clown blowing up bollons for you. same shit.

Baller Poster

there's my nitrogen tank. I just got a new one so i didn't put on the regulator yet. excuse the mess

Baller Poster

Originally posted by bkjaydog@Mar 7 2008, 06:30 PM~10116256

there's my nitrogen tank. I just got a new one so i didn't put on the regulator yet. excuse the mess

no how big is that tank? and wut did it run u also do u have to have that im gonna say blanket cover thing on it?

"That doesnt make sense"

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    UNDERGROUND KUSTOMZ

by the looks of it, i say its either a 250 or 300 cubic foot tank.
    as far as pricing goes, hit up your local welding supply company. sometimes they have plans where you can rent the bottle for a year, all you do is apply for credit once youre approved they will give you what ever size tank you want, all you have to pay is the cost of the Nitrogen and any haz mat fees each time you exchange it for a full one. the reason you apply for credit its do you dont have to pay for the tank, but if you dont return it at the end of the year then they charge your account.or you can just buy one for about $300. and you dont have to cover the tank.

BUILT NOT BOUGHT.

22. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information