Kit Diagrams/Instructions - Page 2
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Kit Diagrams/Instructions

Baller Poster

ok another newbie question. front bags on a g-body do you just pull the shocks cause they run thru the springs and the purch. so ok easy as i can ask do you relocate the strut or pull it and keep it out. and as for the rear how do you mount the lower brackets?

pics would help lol sorry i started my install and dead stop cause i didnt wanna fuck anything up.

ps expect another order i wanna bag my 96 probe also
    Hooker the other white meat

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Lone wolf and proud

uncool dude to post some shit like that in the forum sponsers stuff!!!
    My 58 Chebby build

"Crystal Blue Persuasion" = 1950 Pontiac Kustom rolling hard. " Sold"

Enthusiast Poster

We pay to sponsor this forum and have been here for years. You are posting in our own pinned topics.

Baller Poster

yeah it is kinda rude..and it throws off the questions asked also nudge nudge lol

Enthusiast Poster

Originally posted by elitdogg@May 13 2008, 05:15 PM~10647551
    ok another newbie question. front bags on a g-body do you just pull the shocks cause they run thru the springs and the purch. so ok easy as i can ask do you relocate the strut or pull it and keep it out. and as for the rear how do you mount the lower brackets?

pics would help lol sorry i started my install and dead stop cause i didnt wanna fuck anything¬* up.
    Take the strut right out, after you can get a relocation kit for the front shocks.

The rear has a weld on over axle bracket, the upper you have to cut the cup down. Call me up at the shop I can walk you thru it.

I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!

Originally posted by elitdogg@May 13 2008, 06:15 PM~10647551

pics would help lol sorry i started my install and dead stop cause i didnt wanna fuck anything¬* up.

for the front;
    You will be removing BOTH the spring and shock, you should have the cup sets, pair of upper and lower cups that bolt to the air bag. They fit (if made for your vehicle) perfectly inside the spring pocket and onto the lower a-arm. You may need to cut/trim the spring pocket to obtain air bag clearance so that it does not pop.

NOTE: if you are using a 2600 type bag, you will need to cut the spring pocket some to get the clearance you need for the air bag. OFFSETTING the air bag would be wise due to the angle it receives when upper cups are not offset. Air bags work more effectively in a linear motion instead of an angled one. Also the angle will create a deformation in the bag overtime.

Relocating the front shock isn't hard. There are relocating kits in which you have the ability to place the stock shock or new shock on the side of the frame closest to the a-arm area.

for the rear;
    you will take out the spring ONLY. you should have 2 pairs of axle bag mounts and 2 pairs of upper bag cups. Take out the spring and replace it with the upper bag cup bolted to the air bag. The axle mount you are going to have to weld that on. I have seen some people with bolt-on types, and it will wear over time causing it to rotate on the axle WHICH IS VERY BAD.

Hope this helps. I will get to work on diagrams of how it should look.
    IT'S OFFICIAL I'M BACK TO IMPORTS

Quote: screwed up loco, Feb 4 2006, 07:11 PM
    I GOT TIRED OF ALWAYS LOSIN MY TEMPER WITH BITCHES. I JUST SMILE AND ACCEPT THEM FOR WHAT THEY ARE..........BITCHES.

Quote: phatz, Mar 13 2006, 04:00 PM
    3/4" is overkill homeboy.

Altered Altitude Customs 1.866.FUKN.LOW
    Serving Canada and the United States
    http://www.airaissted.com - store

Baller Poster

so you need the front shocks then? or can you leave em off i know it would ride like shit inless its locked. and i have the RE6's up front and RE7's in the rear its the gbody kit you sell. I also heard there are different ways to mount the rear axle mounts?? you weld the arch to the axle or you can weld it to the sides of the axle so the mount sits on the axle. been doing some reading and figured to go to the source first

thanks alot and im really sorry for the newbie questions.

you guys are the shit thanks alot

Originally posted by elitdogg@May 14 2008, 03:43 PM~10655300
    so you need the front shocks then? or can you leave em off i know it would ride like shit inless its locked. and i have the RE6's up front and RE7's in the rear its the gbody kit you sell. I also heard there are different ways to mount the rear axle mounts?? you weld the arch to the axle or you can weld it to the sides of the axle so the mount sits on the axle. been doing some reading and figured to go to the source first

thanks alot and im really sorry for the newbie questions.

you guys are the shit thanks alot
    Don't EVER apologize for asking. I don't mind answering question, I started off asking a ton.

You can leave them off or put them on. It's preference really, it will ride shitty both locked and dropped. With the RE6's, just trim. RULE OF THUMB, if you can run your finger around the bag WITHOUT touching metal your good to go, if not, keep at it till you can.

Yes, but it depends on the brackets you have. If you have the brackets that fit the bag atop of it, you weld it to the axle. I don't think you have room to mount brackets on the side of the axle without having the bag deform or work awkwardly.

I GOT TIRED OF ALWAYS LOSIN MY TEMPER WITH BITCHES. I JUST SMILE AND ACCEPT THEM FOR WHAT THEY ARE..........BITCHES.

Baller Poster

i will post pics of what i mean on the axle and thanks alot for all the help

now do you sell the relocate kits?

and hope this helps others too lol

Enthusiast Poster

For the rear its a universal kit.

Put the car on jackstands, remove the rear coils/shocks/bumpstops.

Bolt the wheels on,
    jack up the rear end untill its fully laid out,
    place the over axle bracket you have ontop of the axle where the OG spring used to sit.
    Now take a tape measure and measure from the UPPER Spring pocket down to the TOP of the over axle bracket.

Take that measurement and minus 3 inchs [this is the 3" that will be the airbag fully collapsed]

So lets say you measure 6", that means your upper cup will measure 3" in total. Take the pipe we gave you, cut it down to 3" tall and weld on the circle plate with a couple 1" stich welds. Then take the threaded rod and weld it to the plate so you can bolt in the cup from the upper spring perch.

The rear G-body cups are off-setted this is to keep the bag away from the frame. . this is how they should look when you are done.
    It should look like this
    http://www.ridetech.com/images/products/arr21100.jpg

Baller Poster

now best way to remove the spring without killing myself or my girlfriend?

Originally posted by elitdogg@May 15 2008, 11:20 AM~10661643
    now best way to remove the spring without killing myself or my girlfriend?
    What I do is remove the shock after I taken off the wheel. Prop vehicle on stands a high as you can. Next put a jack under the lower a arm, jack it up enough to were there spring has tension.
    Start unbolting the balljoints, u may need to knock the ball joint bolt out of the spindle, use a hammer.
    When u finished unbolting the balljoints, sway bar, lower the jack slowly till the spring is loose.

Hope this helps.

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Lone wolf and proud

One other way to remove front springs is the way I do it. Cheap and easy and safe.

1) get yourself some 4 foot long threaded rods and some good nuts and washers. I used 1/2 or 3/8 inch rod depending on the bolts holding on your lower A-arm.

2) Remove 1 bolt from each end of the A-Arm unles there is only 1 bolt on one end then do that one first. Now insert the threaded rod inplace of the bolt. Once you have all the bolts replaced with threaded rod all you have to do is slowly loosen the nuts on the rod untill the sprin is loose. It is key here to leave the spindle connected till the spring is loose.

3) Remove the spindle and the A-Arm and the spring is laying at your feet now.

Another way is to replace the shock with a 5 foot long threaded rod. Remove the spindle and then loosen the nuts on the threaded rod till the spring is loose. Most times the spring will still be in kinda tight and may need to be pryed out.
    My 58 Chebby build

"Crystal Blue Persuasion" = 1950 Pontiac Kustom rolling hard. " Sold"

Another way is to hit up auto zone and ask for an rwd spring compressor kit, not import. U can rent them out for about 3 days and when you bring it back u get ur money back.

im back...so where can a get two noid valve for cheat cuz the gas prizes aint making easier for to finish my trike....would you recomend the pomona swap meet?

i just got my order from Air assisted Better service than ANY online company i have used yet.(suicide who?)
    Thanks Kevin!

Two quick questions.
    1: can you post an Asco valve wiring diagram please?
    2: The large solenoid you picture in your second diagram, is that just a ford style starter solenoid or something else.

Thanks

PS. pics of my 62 galaxie will be posted soon

Originally posted by PeX$i@May 22 2008, 10:42 PM~10717473
    im back...so where can a get two noid valve for cheat cuz the gas prizes aint making easier for to finish my trike....would you recomend the pomona swap meet?

lol, nope. You can get Asco 1/4" ones from AAC.

http://www.airassisted.com/index.php?cPath=2_58_60_61

Originally posted by Dr. Doom@May 23 2008, 02:54 PM~10721723
    i just got my order from Air assisted ¬* Better service than ANY online company i have used yet.(suicide who?)
    Thanks Kevin!

Two quick questions.¬*
    1: can you post an Asco valve wiring diagram please?

Thanks

PS.¬* pics of my 62 galaxie will be posted soon

Basic is the to poles a jason to each other like in the picture. Another is using the tank as a ground.
    I made up a little diagram real quick, make sure when you are grounding the tank, the connections are metal to metal.

so the third connector is not used? just the one + and one -
    That is what is throwing me off i guess

Originally posted by Dr. Doom@May 23 2008, 03:36 PM~10721953
    so the third connector is not used?¬* just the one + and one -
    That is what is throwing me off i guess
    you got it. lol happens.

22. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information