4 link pic
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 4 link pic

Enthusiast Poster

does anyone think there is somthing wrong with this 4 link??

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

2GUNZ
    Car Club
    Done with Car Clubs

WELL IT LOOKS LIKE A TRUCK REAR END, BUT IT HAS THE UPPER LINKS, AND LOWER LINKS, AND THEN STABLIZERS FOR THE BAG SET UP. IT LOOKS LIKE IT WOULD WORK PRETTY GOOD
    RETIRED---20 YEARS of MILITARY SERVICE

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    City Knights Lowriders-NC

Looks good to me.

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    No Limit

nice it looks good it kinda looks like a b2200 back end you got any more pics of the set up ?

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    ELBOW GREASE

looks ok on the ground, but more importantly is how it looks at drive height. also need another pic because if your differential is offset then your bars will be off since they are located via the diff. and possibly not side to side. but it looks good. welds look good. more pics fool
    48 coupe
    64 SS impala
    66 impala wago
    "I could tell by the pics, hes wearing carharts and caught his own food. shit 90% of negros expect the goverment to buy them fod, let alone going out ketching dinner, cleaning it and cooking it. this guy is niggerdomas" -RC4LIFE
    "never thought about it just found the cars and said fuck it, im going to scoop it up" -JasonJ
    "i love it when fools type this way (e-thugs). you know they'e lookin at their keyboards typin with one finger. -warning

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    Truestyle CC

once you get some proper upper supports done,with the amount of lift it will be getting, it should be fine, unless we're missing somthing.
    Build a man a fire, and he has warmth for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Spirit Industries

R&E Paint

Enthusiast Poster

yea its a mazda b2000, heres some more pics. it al works up and down side to side good. but the bags seem to lean towards the front of the ute when fully up. its the first link setup so did it the best i could

cant find any pics of it fully up

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    PBCC

The angle of the rear brackets on the pumpkin are wrong, they should be sitting straight up and down, otherwise they will bind, i know you have Heim joints so it might be ok, but it would move more easily with less wear if those tabs were moved . . . . . . .

If you look down [ birds eye view ] on the 4 link you shouldn't be able to see the side of the tabs - does that make sense ?

i dont feel tardy
    Car Club
    Drop Mob

Originally posted by lgh1157@Oct 15 2009, 07:36 PM~15370664
    The angle of the rear brackets on the pumpkin are wrong, they should be sitting straight up and down, otherwise they will bind, i know you have Heim joints so it might be ok, but it would move more easily with less wear if those tabs were moved . . . . . . .

If you look down [ birds eye view ] on the 4 link you shouldn't be able to see the side of the tabs - does that make sense ?
    he wont get enough travel for it to bind with the bags over the axle like that
    aint no taming us, we get your brains and your veins and take em with us

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    NO CLUB

ID SAY ITS OK BUT I WOULD BE WRONG , LOWERS ARE TOO LONG AND SHOULD BE RIGHT UNDER THE AXLE NOT PASSED IT , AND DUDES RIGHT ABOUT THE UPPERS BEING MOUNTED WRONG , SHOULD BE MORE ON THE TOP OF THE AXLE... ILL GO SNAP A FLICK OF MY LINKE TO POST IT...
    *REST IN PEACE* HECTOR"FROSTEE" SANDOVAL WS18ST HGS

Enthusiast Poster

you dont really need the forward bridge bar. then you could move your 4-link brackets to the top of the pumpkin. they would be less likely to bind up, if they were more verticle.

Baller Poster

I agree with the link tabs on the rear. They are angled wrong.
    The reason the rear twists upsetting your bag angle is due to a combination of bar lengths and pivot positions. Do you have any side view pics? Have you checked pinion angle through it's travel? That should be a concern.

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    LATIN WORLD CC

WHERES THE BEER?

...........OFFICIAL MEMBER OF THE LAY IT LOW............
    <<<<BORRACHOS KREW>>>>

~~~PUNISHING MY LIVER SINCE 1982!!~~~

SAN DIEGO
    CHARGERS

BUDLIGHT IS BAD FOR LA RAZA

Addict Poster

Nice to see some backyard building. Looks good homie!

Addict Poster

your upper links are to straight for the angle of your lowers as you rais eit up your gonna be nose down
    everything else is fine
    your heims are a little funky but fuck it they will compensate with pivot

clock the lower axel brackets to 6:00 and shorten the brackets if needed

and raise the lower frame brackets just a bit and keep the lower bars longer than uppers

the least you can get away with is clocking the lower brackets at 6:00 and shortening the lower bars

after that you would want to raise the lower frame mounting point by 1.5 inches

whats happening is as your ride goes up your lowers are puching out and the uppers are pulling in

Baller Poster

<<NAWA DJ>>

Addict Poster

PS:

I've got absolutely nothing bad to say about your setup, or anyone elses that might look similar , but I see a HUGE no no in the air ride 4 link setups these days and I see the problem all the time.

The way guys build triangulated 4 links 90% of the time is incorrect. Excuse my crude Microsoft Paint examples but this is how your setup looks. Now imagine how these bars are going to travel up and down. They are going to want to close in on each other due to the geometry of the pivot points. As the rear end travels up and down from theoretical ride height with the pivot points set up the way they are currently the triangle will close up.

The way pivot points should be setup for ZERO binding is as follows. All the pivot points in the 4 link should be parallel with each other. An even better way of saying it would be that the points need to all run on the same axis in order for nothing to bind.

Addict Poster

This is a great picture to show how a correct triangulated 4 Link works, but like I said I wasn't knocking your work. In fact I think your rear suspension setup is really nice. In most cases the rear end of the vehicle won't travel far enough for binding to ever really be an issue anyways.

Addict Poster

Originally posted by ShibbyShibby@Jan 13 2010, 03:38 PM~16279557
    This is a great picture to show how a correct triangulated 4 Link works, but like I said I wasn't knocking your work. In fact I think your rear suspension setup is really nice. In most cases the rear end of the vehicle won't travel far enough for binding to ever really be an issue anyways.

Your missing something

Addict Poster

Originally posted by baggedout81@Jan 14 2010, 09:26 AM~16288544
    Your missing something¬*

ha ha the bags?

22. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information