engine driven compressor
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Aspiring Poster

post them
    im running a 81 elky on straight nitro but its starting to get expensive. now ive heard some talk about engine driven comps but how do they work do you make them out of the ac comp or are they add ons. i dont want a regular old compressor mostly because of the noise and i really dont want to much clutter behind my seat
    For best Air conditioning & Heating service Visit MrGoodguyRepair.com or AcCompaniesInHouston.com ..................................
    http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index...owtopic=575851

www.MrGoodguyRepair.com www.AcCompaniesInHouston.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    im in the i have a car club

i just trimed off the stock ends on my AC and braized on some air fitings. werks like a charm and fills 9 gallons in about 2 mins at low idle

An intelligent person can take a dead language with no reference and find a way to read it. You on the other hand cant read shit in your own language if theres a letter or two out of place. Whats that make you??

hardtops are NOT four doors. its more like a king size coupe.

its better to look stupid asking, rather then standing there trying to look smart and remaining stupid.

some of the tattoos i have done and a link to my shop

Aspiring Poster

Originally posted by matttatts@Jan 5 2011, 06:50 PM~19514466
    i just trimed off the stock ends on my AC and braized on some air fitings. werks like a charm and fills 9 gallons in about 2 mins at low idle

so youre saying i can use my a/c compressor with out problems. well heres another question how do i wire it to fill my tank
    For best Air conditioning & Heating service Visit MrGoodguyRepair.com or AcCompaniesInHouston.com ..................................

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    .L.I.F.E. Cen, Cal

Originally posted by abeto@Jan 6 2011, 09:30 PM~19526668
    so youre saying i can use my a/c compressor with out problems. well heres another question how do i wire it to fill my tank
    the only ac pumps, that I know of.Is the york ac pumps,Sanden ac pump,rv2 ac pump.Those are the only one's that I know, you can use.
    A.S r.i.p 12/17-1/11
    http://www.airassisted.com/

Altered Altitude Customs We stock all air suspension parts. Call Or Email for a Quote!
    Ship Same Day - Tracking Number Same Day
    Toll Free Tech Support 1-866-FUK-NLOW

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    .L.I.F.E. Cen, Cal

Add a pressure switch to the ac pump wire. http://www.layitlow.com/forums/index.php?s...ic=490251&st=40
    A.S r.i.p 12/17-1/11

Altered Altitude Customs We stock all air suspension parts. Call Or Email for a Quote!

"Riding Low"

''those who talk dont know,and those that know wont talk''
    http://www.layitlow.net/uploader/index.php

Baller Poster
    Car Club

i dunno depends on your AC. theres a kat on here that used his stock frigidair on his caddy an i got the same one so i gave it a shot.

what kinda ride you got? you could always try it and if it blows up two often or doesnt fill fast enough your no worse off. if ya thinkin of mounting an afterr market pump up anyways at least you tryed and all the plumbing would be there ready for the new pump.

plumbing is easy
    line in from filter thru an oiler to the pump.
    line out from pump to a coelescing filter into the tank.

i have my wiring on just a switch. its dangerous if ya forget to turn it off ya can over fill your tank in no time and then you have a bomb in your trunk.

a pressure switch is more user friendly but mine seem unreliable as they kick off at varying pressures and then blow up and dont werk at all. hence my toggle switch.
    An intelligent person can take a dead language with no reference and find a way to read it. You on the other hand cant read shit in your own language if theres a letter or two out of place. Whats that make you??

its better to look stupid asking, rather then standing there trying to look smart and remaining stupid.

Addict Poster

Originally posted by matttatts@Jan 7 2011, 01:55 PM~19531468
    i dunno depends on your AC. theres a kat on here that used his stock frigidair on his caddy an i got the same one so i gave it a shot.

what kinda ride you got? you could always try it and if it blows up two often or doesnt fill fast enough your no worse off.* if ya thinkin of mounting an afterr market pump up anyways at least you tryed and all the plumbing would be there ready for the new pump.

plumbing is easy
    line in from filter thru an oiler to the pump.
    line out from pump to a coelescing filter into the tank.

i have my wiring on just a switch. its dangerous if ya forget to turn it off ya can over fill your tank in no time and then you have a bomb in your trunk.

a pressure switch is more user friendly but mine seem unreliable as they kick off at varying pressures and then blow up and dont werk at all. hence my toggle switch.

I have both

Aspiring Poster

i ride an 81 el camino. i just got the bags in a few months ago and figured i would run straight nitrogen since i only planned on dropping the car when ever im out and about... BUT i c now that it can get a bit pricy. i heard from some dude at work i could use my ac but i have no clue. first of i need to see if the ac even works and what brand it is. ive had this car for about three years and its never worked so who knows. im hoping its just out of freon but then again i sure would like using that compressor for my air ride

Quick question i know i could push high psi with my nito but how high can i go with an ac comp.

Addict Poster

Originally posted by abeto@Jan 7 2011, 07:29 PM~19534399
    i ride an 81 el camino. i just got the bags in a few months ago and figured i would run straight nitrogen since i only planned on dropping the car when ever im out and about... BUT i c now that it can get a bit pricy. i heard from some dude at work i could use my ac but i have no clue. first of i need to see if the ac even works and what brand it is. ive had this car for about three years and its never worked so who knows. im hoping its just out of freon but then again i sure would like using that compressor for my air ride

Quick question i know i could push high psi with my nito but how high can i go with an ac comp.
    Depends on what kinda pump you have.My york 210 i run at 275 psi an i love it

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    .L.I.F.E. Cen, Cal

Here you go for the info on the york ac pump.It also states the info on why you can't just use any compressor. http://www.offroaders.com/info/tech-corner...air-York-ID.htm
    A.S r.i.p 12/17-1/11

Aspiring Poster

good stuff thats thanks fellas

Enthusiast Poster

What's up beto. I ride with a bottle of nitro, too. Its about 25.00 for the fill. I only use it when I go to shows and cruzes. So its not bad.. and I run a lil 9gallon tank with a compressor. Just to get me home. In case I run out..I think I only used 4 fills las year. Here are some pics of my ride. I need to take some of my setup to show you.

Aspiring Poster

well no turning back now. just ripped out my ac. I know every one says use a york pump their the best but hell. i aint got a york so i figured ide use my stock comp. it a delco hope it works. ill post some picks as i go

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    .L.I.F.E. Cen, Cal

Originally posted by abeto@Feb 5 2011, 07:16 PM~19797258
    well no turning back now. just ripped out my ac. I know every one says use a york pump their the best but hell. i aint got a york so i figured ide use my stock comp. it a delco hope it works. ill post some picks as i go
    if you can add oil to the ac pump your good.If not
    A.S r.i.p 12/17-1/11

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    One Off Customs

I may not be right but this compressor has to be taken apart to service and add oil. The york models have a access hole on the side. Keep us updated!
    One Off Customs
    Honolulu,Hawaii

Baller Poster
    Car Club

i just added an oiler on the intake side of my AC. then a coelescing filter to pull it out of the line before it went into my tank.

seems to work and i run it preaty steady

Aspiring Poster

im taking the day off tomorrow to take care of something and figured i could plum. the a/c comp but where can i get an inline oiler and coelescing filter also is a coelescing filter like an a/c dryer on the condenser

Addict Poster

Originally posted by abeto@Feb 7 2011, 12:47 AM~19806210
    im taking the day off tomorrow to take care of something and figured i could plum. the a/c comp but where can i get an inline oiler and coelescing filter also is a coelescing filter like an a/c dryer on the condenser
    Inline oiler looks almost just like a water trap,or about the same size.Best bet is to do a little hunting around on ebay.Just make sure you dont get the tiny ones that go on the air tools them selfs

A coalescing filter is a particulate filter.Traps well...particulates all the dirt an grime from.In this example---if any small particles of dirt get past your main intake filter an go thru the oiler an thru the compressor.The coalescing filter will catch not only the dirt but the oil that that compressor is gonna pump out (not much).It will keep all that crap outa your tank an valves

Aspiring Poster

alright finally got around to pluming every thing and it worked great. got it up to 230psi in about 5 minutes. i know it may be a bit slow compared to yorks and all but hell it works good enought for me. total cost about $70 bucks not bad at all. im happy. lets just hope it doesnt breakdown on me. i still plan to ride with my nitro tank as backup incase it does break but lets hope it dont

22. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information