1964 And Earlier Impala Air Suspension Guide! - Page 18
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18
    Addict Poster
    Car Club
    i do this for me,no one else

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

El ocho
    Car Club
    Fuk that

Quote Originally Posted by cannibal View Post
    Just caught this thread. Attached are a couple pictures of the 61 bagged belair I have been working on. Front tabbed shock towers. Running a RideTech air system, with RidePro digital controls .25 airlines. 16" Torq Thrust rims. Rear: CPP control arms upper and lower. Front: CPP tubular upper arms and stock lower.

I ended up smoothing out the spring pockets in the front so there was no chance of interference

Attachment 1219330Attachment 1219338Attachment 1219346
    I recognize that elco....
    if you can't drive it, its worthless that includes hoppers an show cars.

I'm installing an accuair elevel on my 61. Does anyone have pics show in where they mounted the ride height sensor on the front and rear. I'm running stock arms and plan on installing front shock relocators.
    Thanks for the help this is my first go at this.

Awesome info here! I'm very new to air ride but just picked up a 4 door 64 impala that I just want to put bags and wheels on. I know the route I'm going to take. EDC (Sanden, I've built EDC from a Sanden for my jeep before) with an 8 gallon tank and FBSS. I know I want to use SS bags but here are a few questions I have.

Keep in mind this is a budget build as its a 4 door

1- what size bags should I consider using? I want a fairly fast setup and will be using 1/2" valves. Who has the best brackets for said bags?
    2- what valves and controls should I consider? It's a four door and I dont want to break the bank on a cheap cruiser.
    3- would a y bone be enough to solve the pan hard bar issue. Any opinions and what one I should be considering? Ditch the sway bars?
    4- lastly I want to run 14" wires. What size works best with a bagged 64? (14x7, 6, etc?) and what tire should I be looking to run so it'll all fit.

About me- I have access to a lot of tools and I fabricate custom motorcycles and parts for a living so fab work is nothing for me, I'm just super new to impalas and air ride.

Addict Poster

Quote Originally Posted by 64doorimpala View Post
    4- lastly I want to run 14" wires. What size works best with a bagged 64? (14x7, 6, etc?) and what tire should I be looking to run so it'll
    14x6 Reverse with 175/75R14, 175/70R14, or 5.20x14

Baller Poster

Hit up aac, bought my whole kit from then for my 64
    Slow and low is a way of life.

Thanks RobLBC that helps me a ton. I searched and searched on here and really couldn't find a solid answer. I hope this helps other new guys in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by Jahlg View Post
    Hit up aac, bought my whole kit from then for my 64
    That's what I was told. Sounds like my best bet is to get my EDC on the motor and pumping air then call aac to put together my "kit". Thanks man, clear cut answers are a huge help

1963 Chevrolet
    Car Club
    RAMIREZ BOYZ KUSTOMZ

Question, with bags do we have to extend the front arms?
    If you can read this thank a teacher, since it is in english thank a vet. USAF 98-07

Don't talk about it, be about it!

Are you down or ARE YOU DOWN?

"Made In America With Mexican Parts!"

"Al FIN" 63 Impala Drop Top

Baller Poster

Don't have to
    Slow and low is a way of life.

Baller Poster

has any one fitted re or ss 8's in the front of a x frame impala ? i know 7's fit no cutting, so im assuming 8's would fit with some trimming.

Bump

Enthusiast Poster

Awesome old thread.. I just bought a clean 60 bel air by accident... I'm building a frame off 64 SS, rag conversion on juice now.... So this 60 is my daily and will be on air. Kit ordered and coming next week. Car is on my 64s 13" spokes for now. Going back to OG hubcaps when my Coker wide whites come in..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Car Club
    Bare Bones C.C.

Hey NFA any chance you could give us measurements on those shock mounts you made? I joined the forum because of this thread. I just got a 60 bel air that I'll be bagging in the next month or so. This thread has been super informative.

17. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information