1964 And Earlier Impala Air Suspension Guide! - Page 3
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Addict Poster

Quote Originally Posted by A&W View Post

I didn`t forget about you homie ! The owner ran out of money on the build so its off till next summer.... Once that Y bar is in I`ll post some pics !!!
    GoinLow Customs

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    NFA C.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mike 805 View Post
    Does anyone have pic's of installed Y-Bone?
    Help!
    Do you have question about how one is installed? It basically just installs in place of the upper link, with an added arm that goes to the drivers side of the chassis crossmember, and then bolts to the included bracket which is added to your crossmember (It looks just like the factory one on the passenger side. The the side to side, panhard bar is removed.

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    SOLO
    Blog Entries

"Keepin it low and slow"

Enthusiast Poster

Quote Originally Posted by goinlow View Post
    I didn`t forget about you homie ! The owner ran out of money on the build so its off till next summer.... Once that Y bar is in I`ll post some pics !!!
    Will this clear a Ford 9" swap?

Enthusiast Poster

any feed back from someone who's had air in their car? my frame's amost ready for paint and i want to make any nesc mods now before having to repaint it.

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    SOLO
    Blog Entries

post some pics of what you have done..........................
    "Keepin it low and slow"

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    .L.I.F.E. Cen, Cal

Quote Originally Posted by baggedout81 View Post
    I see what your wanting to do.Gonna be a little mopre expensive this way but to each there own.

Or another thing you could do is.Get ya a adjustable pressure switch run a small airalong with running a line up to where you can reach it.Then you could adjust at the fly.
    that's what I was using to speed my lift up and ran the bottle for speed.
    Last edited by JOE(CAPRICE)68; 10-11-2012 at 06:25 AM.
    A.S r.i.p 12/17-1/11
    http://www.airassisted.com/

Altered Altitude Customs We stock all air suspension parts. Call Or Email for a Quote!
    Ship Same Day - Tracking Number Same Day
    Toll Free Tech Support 1-866-FUK-NLOW

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    .L.I.F.E. Cen, Cal

Also great topic
    A.S r.i.p 12/17-1/11

Altered Altitude Customs We stock all air suspension parts. Call Or Email for a Quote!

A&W
    USMC Sgt. 0311
    Car Club
    Klique

One of my ybones on a customers ride

Aspiring Poster
    Car Club
    SoloRider (Rollin 1 Deep)

As far as having one button push to ride height, has anyone used ride height sensors? Air pressure sensors will give different height with passengers in the car.

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Loser

Quote Originally Posted by fLaCo64SS View Post
    As far as having one button push to ride height, has anyone used ride height sensors? Air pressure sensors will give different height with passengers in the car.
    We have done many installs with height based systems like Ride Tech's E3, and Accuairs system. They are both very nice to work with. Accuracy is almost perfect, with in 16th of an inch.
    www.AirAssisted.Com

sales@airassisted.com

We stock all air suspension parts. Call Or Email for a Quote!

Great thread. This is exactly the kind of info I have been looking for while I am doing the research on what I need to bag my 59 Elky. Looking forward to more updates.

Enthusiast Poster

NFAB: Thanks for sharing/logging your work. Looking forward to seeing pics of the shocks mounted. I've always wanted to do this on my ride, and NOW I can see how it is possible.

Default Y-Bone

Do I still need to keep the sway bar if I am doing the Y-Bone? If I am doing just air ride do I need to extend my soft brake line to the rear end also?

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    .L.I.F.E. Cen, Cal

Quote Originally Posted by lgbnaf7 View Post
    Do I still need to keep the sway bar if I am doing the Y-Bone? If I am doing just air ride do I need to extend my soft brake line to the rear end also?
    with bags no
    A.S r.i.p 12/17-1/11

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    .L.I.F.E. Cen, Cal

don't see a sway bar in the posted pics?
    A.S r.i.p 12/17-1/11

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    NFA C.C.

Well, it seems Airassisted no longer has the rear bag brackets on their site. Their website is a nightmare to navigate, so it could be a site issue. I am trying to order brackets today, and will post new links in the original post to a better vendor after I find one I like.

Edit: I spoke with them today, It seems they are in the middle of a website makeover, which makes sense as to why I was having website difficulties. They still appear to have the best deal on very well built looking brackets from what I have seen. I will be ordering them in the next day ot two, and will post pics when they arrive, and then after install!
    Last edited by NFA Fabrication; 11-05-2012 at 07:40 PM.

Car Club
    Flawlezz c.c

Anyone know any places to install airbags close to Fort Pierce Florida? Its for my 63 impala

63.jpg

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    NFA C.C.

Quote Originally Posted by lgbnaf7 View Post
    By sway bay, are you talking about the panhard rod by any chance? If so, no, that goes away. I prefer to run with out sway bars on air bagged cars, I like to be able to have free side to side play without binding.

I ordered the front and rear brackets and Slam Specialties SS-7's all around today. Worked with Kevin at AirAssisted.com. Great guy, and cant wait to see the parts in person! I am a fabricator at heart, and was very impressed with the welds I have seen on the pictures of the production brackets. I will of course add pictures as soon as I get them to keep the thread as informed as possible! It was great to see this thread get a mention in the monthly newsletter!

A&W
    USMC Sgt. 0311
    Car Club
    Klique

Quote Originally Posted by NFA Fabrication View Post
    By sway bay, are you talking about the panhard rod by any chance? If so, no, that goes away. I prefer to run with out sway bars on air bagged cars, I like to be able to have free side to side play without binding.

I ordered the front and rear brackets and Slam Specialties SS-7's all around today. Worked with Kevin at AirAssisted.com. Great guy, and cant wait to see the parts in person! I am a fabricator at heart, and was very impressed with the welds I have seen on the pictures of the production brackets. I will of course add pictures as soon as I get them to keep the thread as informed as possible! It was great to see this thread get a mention in the monthly newsletter!
    There's a monthly newsletter?

22. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information