Upgrading Management
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Baller Poster

Default Upgrading Management

I havnt been on here for awhile since I sold my Cadillac. Since then I've picked up a 95 lincoln Mark VIII that came with factory air ride. I snatched all the factory management stuff out and modified my bags to accept NPT fittings. I put in viair 444 5 gal tank 1/4" line and paddles for each corner. The shit is cool but slow. I bought some 3/4" Danz valves which are huge but I got them at smoker prices. I also bought some 9 wire, 4 three prong switches and 2 six prong switches. I'm gonna run 1/2" fittings and line. This is my daily so I wanted to redo the management but upgrade from plastic to hydraulic hose for dependability. As far as the hose is concerned I'm looking for 1/2" inside diameter. I'm just concerned on the type of hose ends to get? Can I get away with npt ends or do I need the hydraulic style ends? The bags on the car are factory ford units so I'm not trying to run crazy pressure thru them. Right now it's set at 180 max and I might bump up the pressure to 200-250 in the future.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tmack6; 07-22-2014 at 07:38 AM.
    Mackabee's Mobile Rim Repair
    Mobile Curb Damage Repair specializing in curb damage repairs on OEM wheels. Guaranteed to pass lease return inspection.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mackab...14040005285122

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Enthusiast Poster

Thats going to be stupid fast! I had 1/4 paddles on my S10. Just went to 3/8 valves and line and its a huge improvement. I don't think I would want any faster unless I was trying to hop it. I don't know about hydro lines, but 1/4 OD lines are 1/8 ID, 3/8 OD are 1/4 ID, 1/2 are 3/8. Your 3/4 valves with 1/2 ID LINE? that shits going to jump! ....and slam on the ground when you dump it.

Baller Poster

I'm gonna put a plug in the dump valve and drill a 3/8"s or so hole in it for a slow down.
    Mobile Curb Damage Repair specializing in curb damage repairs on OEM wheels. Guaranteed to pass lease return inspection.

Enthusiast Poster

Definitly start the holes small and see how it goes. Maybe 1/8 or so. With lines that big,you won't have any restriction. Keep us posted!

Addict Poster

You will have restriction at the bag.pretty sure the bag ports only 1/4"

Baller Poster

Quote Originally Posted by baggedout81 View Post
    You will have restriction at the bag.pretty sure the bag ports only 1/4"
    . The factory bag port is hella small. It's probably an 1/8". I used the old solenoid port with the paddles I have in now. I took a 1/2" npt pipe tap and tapped the solenoid port then put a 1/2"mip to 1/4"fip bushing in there with a little jb weld as a sealer. After that I used a 1/4" mip to 1/4" ptc and ran the air line....it worked great.

In the pics below I drilled and tapped the upper housing of a bad bag I had laying around. You can see the size difference between the factory port, 3/8"s and 1/2". The thickness of the factory upper cup is about a 1/2" so the fittings get a good bite and hold pressure with no issues. So this time around I'm gonna drill and tap the bag, run a 1/2" mip to 1/2" fib extender in there then a 1/2" air line fitting after that.

The factory bags are made for Ford by Firestone. There are also a few other after market company's that make aftermarket replacements.

Baller Poster

Valves came today. I got them at 19.95 each.

Enthusiast Poster

Nice! Good luck mate.

Baller Poster

I should have the 1/2" valves by tomorrow. I ordered 6 so my front fill will be 3/4" dump 1/2" and the rear will be 1/2".

Enthusiast Poster

^^^ fucking spammer.

Baller Poster

Back to the original question though. Before I order hydraulic hose do I need to use jic fittings or can I use npt swivel hose ends? The hose maker said he can make either. Is there an advantage to using jic?

Banned

Addict Poster

Use Npt fittings.the valves are Npt

If you can get swivel ends on both end.just makes it a little easier.if not you can add the swivel ends

Baller Poster

Quote Originally Posted by baggedout81 View Post
    Use Npt fittings.the valves are Npt

If you can get swivel ends on both end.just makes it a little easier.if aww Set onot you can add the swivel ends
    Cool. What about DOT rubber air brake hose? Is it decent?

Baller Poster

I ordered a switch plate from hoppos but when it was time to install it I ran into several issues. Not with the part but with the the contours of my dash in the Mark. No matter how and where I tried to mount it there was an issue with curvature, accessories behind the dash or length. The plate is going on eBay. I went to radio shack and picked up a 5x3x2.5 inch project box for $6. Drilled the holes and mounted them up. The two up top are 3 prong. The ones in middle are 6 prong for front and back and the bottoms are 3 prong. Cost of switch box so far is a little over $30. It kinda looks like an avs arc t7.

17. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information