FB, FBSS, or Individual corner?
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Baller PM'er

Default FB, FBSS, or Individual corner?

Just purchased a (2) 5 gallon tank, 1/2" fast bag, 2 switch, FB setup from Erika at CCE. I upgraded to (2) Viair 480 compressors, and SS-7 bags. All for my 64 impala. I've learned that this setup has 1 line to the front bags, that splits to each bag, and the same for the rear. Seems to me that if I run into the issue of the car sagging on 1 side because of weight, I will have no way to correct it. In addition to that, running 1 line cuts the fill speed to the bags essentially in half. Actually, I can think of a whole host of issues I might have by depending on just 1 line for the front, or rear. Looking for thoughts on this, or would you go with more valves to run each bag independently. I really only need front and back, but I'm ok with going to 4 switches instead of 2. Would anybody recommend going FBSS, or would controlling each corner be a better option? Last question, is it really necessary to monitor bag pressures? I really don't want another gage mounted on my dash.

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    .L.I.F.E. Cen, Cal

U have 8 valves or 4? I like 6 switches. Mines front, back and 4 corners
    A.S r.i.p 12/17-1/11
    http://www.airassisted.com/

Altered Altitude Customs We stock all air suspension parts. Call Or Email for a Quote!
    Ship Same Day - Tracking Number Same Day
    Toll Free Tech Support 1-866-FUK-NLOW

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    .L.I.F.E. Cen, Cal

I don't monitor my bag pressure, but have a gauge on tank-that's a must have. Best to have 8 valves or 6
    A.S r.i.p 12/17-1/11

Altered Altitude Customs We stock all air suspension parts. Call Or Email for a Quote!

Baller PM'er

I'm only getting 4 valves with what I ordered. I think I should go with 8. I prefer 4 switches at most, but I guess six would be ok. Sounds like that would be a good idea with the way you're set up

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    .L.I.F.E. Cen, Cal

Run 4 switches, for each corner
    A.S r.i.p 12/17-1/11

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    .L.I.F.E. Cen, Cal

Quote Originally Posted by Sixtaillights View Post
    I'm only getting 4 valves with what I ordered. I think I should go with 8. I prefer 4 switches at most, but I guess six would be ok. Sounds like that would be a good idea with the way you're set up
    run 8 val es would be best
    Last edited by JOE(CAPRICE)68; 08-16-2014 at 04:55 PM.
    A.S r.i.p 12/17-1/11

Baller PM'er

Thanks for the input. Appreciate it.

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    .L.I.F.E. Cen, Cal

Anytime. Best to run 8 valves. And maybe latter go e.d.c. . I wouldn't do fbss, because with 8 valves, it's like having 4 pumps. Best to do just each corner.
    A.S r.i.p 12/17-1/11

Enthusiast Poster

I've got 4 valves to the front with 2 to the back.4 switches front,back,front corners. A sway bar would help with roll. Oh....no gauges.

Addict Poster

I run 4 switches FB each wheel in the rear.but I'm running z8 valves.I had to add a line between front bags.my shits to dam fast to try an make even

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Nah son

Quote Originally Posted by baggedout81 View Post
    I run 4 switches FB each wheel in the rear.but I'm running z8 valves.I had to add a line between front bags.my shits to dam fast to try an make even
    Yours 3 wheels?

Baller PM'er

Quote Originally Posted by ATM_LAunitic View Post
    Yours 3 wheels?
    I was wondering that too

Addict Poster

I haven't really tried yet.but I have a feeling not.Not enought weight bk there to get it to tip over.im gonna put a chain bridge bk there someday.An I'm also thinking about pulling the slam 8" bags out an Tryin some tripple bellows

Enthusiast Poster

Triples are for light weight. They'll bow out the side. Bags on the forward link bars should get you to tip up.

Baller PM'er

Skzanoma Why did you choose to run the front corners individually vs the back?

Baller PM'er

Quote Originally Posted by Sixtaillights View Post
    Skzanoma Why did you choose to run the front corners individually vs the back?
    Let me answer my own question... To run the separate lines to each front bag... Might as well use your other two switches for something... Right?

Enthusiast Poster

Engine weight. Didn't want to round a corner and have the air shift to one side. Plus its an S10, which has Chevy lean to drivers side front. Individual control lets me even it out.

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    .L.I.F.E. Cen, Cal

You could wire the front to lift on two switch, and have individual dumps, if wired right, like two pumps and 4 dumps. Same with back, IF YOU WANT f.b and 4 dump cornes. Just a thought.
    A.S r.i.p 12/17-1/11

Baller PM'er

Default FB, FBSS, or Individual corner?

Right now my thoughts are 4 switches controlling each individual corner. But, on the other hand, instead of hitting two switches to raise or lower the front or back, it might be nice to wire switch 1 front, and switch 2, rear. I'm still undecided what I would do with the other two switches though, whether they should control the front individually or the rear individually. If I was even to wire it that way at all

Enthusiast Poster

Well, how about 1(frnt up/down) 2(rear up/down) 3(Frnt L/R down) 4(rear L/R down)

22. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information