Extra tall front cups
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Baller Poster

Default Extra tall front cups

I've been looking for a way to get rid of the factory front air struts so I can run a slam bag. I searched the net and the mark 8 I've found that has done it used a super tall upper cup. I watched videos of the car driving and it looks okay but From a safety standpoint yay or nay?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mackabee's Mobile Rim Repair
    Mobile Curb Damage Repair specializing in curb damage repairs on OEM wheels. Guaranteed to pass lease return inspection.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mackab...14040005285122

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Baller Poster

This is the only. Mark VIII I've found with this setup.

Last edited by tmack6; Today at 09:44 AM.
    Mobile Curb Damage Repair specializing in curb damage repairs on OEM wheels. Guaranteed to pass lease return inspection.

Enthusiast Poster

Not an expert but as long as you use the right material for the cups it should be safe. How tall are we talking?

Enthusiast Poster

I would find a reputable fab shop and see what they say, looked at the pics closer. Looks a little sketchy to me, has to be a better way, but may take more fab work

Baller Poster

There wasn't a description as to how tall of a cup he used but based on the picture and comparing it to surrounding components I'd guess 8 to 10 inches.

Baller Poster

Here a few pics of the front factory air struts and a t bird strut I have laying around. They're sleeve style bags and I am uncertain of the max pressure they can hold safely. Right now my system is at 180 but I've seen up to 200. Lift in the front is still a bit slow to me that's why I wanted to go with a slam bag. Based on what the guy did in the previous pictures I might be able to cut off half the strut housing, slide metal tubing over the strut housing, and weld it inside the lower factory bag cup. From there I can weld a circular plate as a bottom mount for the bag and weld and upper cup to the upper factory strut mount. I could use either the air struts upper mount from the mark or a t bird upper mount. The t bird mount is shown in the picture with the coil spring.
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information