compressor not filling up tank
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Baller Poster

450c, but no leaks????
    hey guys whats up i have a 450c vi air compressor filling up a 5 gallon tank. but the compressor turns on and it runs, but the tank doesnt fill. i checked all the lines and fittings and there is no "hiss sound" no leaks. what can it be.it filled the tank but with no pressure i let go of an airline from the tank and air comes out but for like 1 second and then theres no more. n ive left the compressor running for a good 5 minutes. what can it be? check valve?

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Aspiring Poster
    Car Club
    Empty Pockets CC

Check the check valve it may be completely stuck or not letting much in. Its happened to me before to and that was the problem.
    Empty Pockets C.C. prez
    -98 Dodge Avenger shaved,bodykit,fiberglass interior and bagged on 18"s...Show Car
    -91 Nissan Hardbody ext cab flat black....13s and bag setup on the way

Baller Poster

thanks. i took out the steel bradied hose that goes from the comp 2 the tanks and i took it out. then i blowed air from the end that goes conected to the tank and when i blow really hard air through it it goes out through the other end(where it connects to the copmpressor. so im guessing its the chewck valve

Baller Poster

sorry i lied i blowed air the other way around. lol umm i dunno imma buy another check valve kuz it seems like its the check valve

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Lo-rdz Lowriders

i have seen peeps leave the plastic bung in the filter hole b4..............................

Baller Poster

thats just what i was gonna say, sounds basic but i overlooked it when i was testing the compress so
    1984 Mercury Grand Marquis LS-Daily Lowrider-FOR SALE-
    -Alpine Head Unit/Infinity speakers
    -Bagged

My car

BUY MY CAR

Baller Poster

plastic bung in the filter hole? lo idont even have a filter sponge thing. i just have the cap on the back but no filter. just str8 through is that bad?

9. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information