65 Cadillac Air Suspension Kit
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Default 65 Cadillac Air Suspension Kit

I have no idea when it comes to choosing best quality for my buck. I never bagged a vehicle however I am a hydraulics/pneumatic/and airframe mechanic in the aviation field. I understand the concept just not the components to run in order to get quick fast responsive system. I would like to get something plug and play unless specified otherwise. All your input is greatly appreciated for hooking up my 65 Coupe Deville. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Baller Poster

Bigger lines =faster system. Just do as much research as you can. Lots of options. Viair probably best compressors. Ss bags. Hit up aac the forum sponsor, see if they have a kit for your car. Probably have to do some trimming, very few cars are bolt on 100%
    Slow and low is a way of life.

Thank you for the input

★CCE Queen★ Team CCE :]
    Car Club
    Buenotas C.C.

Hi Make sure to check out our Specials.....we are offering FREE SHIPPING right now I will definitely recommend you to go with atleast 1/2"up 3/8"Down FBSS kit (#10-5400) comes with 2-444c compressors and 1-5g Chrome multiport tank, all bags , fittings & line included + your Front n Back mounting brackets for $200 , those are 100% Bolt-on

n' that's pretty much all u'll need..... we also have some upgrade available, like bigger tank or different bags..... Feel free to call me or DM me I'll be more than happy to help you! We got everything in stock, ready to go!

1888-266-5969 ext 205 Norma

Quote Originally Posted by Dustincoco1982 View Post
    I have no idea when it comes to choosing best quality for my buck. I never bagged a vehicle however I am a hydraulics/pneumatic/and airframe mechanic in the aviation field. I understand the concept just not the components to run in order to get quick fast responsive system. I would like to get something plug and play unless specified otherwise. All your input is greatly appreciated for hooking up my 65 Coupe Deville. Thanks
    Norma | CCE Queen
    norma@coolcars.org

CCE HYDRAULICS | CCE AIR SYSTEMS
    1888-266-5969 Ext 205
    https://www.facebook.com/norma.ccehydraulics

Aspiring Poster
    Car Club
    Nobody Will Have Me

Choppin Block has a front and rear kit, though I am not sure that I would use the rear kit again. NO instructions but nice pieces.

I have a build thread for my 65 drop top over on the Modified Cadillac's forum http://www.modifiedcadillac.org/foru...ic,8888.0.html

Plan on raising your tunnel to get it to lay correctly. I was hesitant at first but am glad that I did it, it's more important than notching the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by OldFatBald View Post
    Choppin Block has a front and rear kit, though I am not sure that I would use the rear kit again. NO instructions but nice pieces.

I have a build thread for my 65 drop top over on the Modified Cadillac's forum http://www.modifiedcadillac.org/foru...ic,8888.0.html

Plan on raising your tunnel to get it to lay correctly. I was hesitant at first but am glad that I did it, it's more important than notching the rear.
    Any reason you would skip the rear? I bought my car and it was already bagged.. Currently going through it making it how I want

Aspiring Poster
    Car Club
    Nobody Will Have Me

Quote Originally Posted by XSRCdesign View Post
    Any reason you would skip the rear? I bought my car and it was already bagged.. Currently going through it making it how I want

On my 65, I didn't use the Choppin Block's C-notch and don't really need it. The car lays frame without it. You do NEED to raise the tunnel. My thread on the Caddy board shows the tunnel raise and there was another guy on this board that did the same tunnel raise.

The Choppin Block kit also puts the F9000 sleeve bags (nice bags) in a spot that I had to modify my trunk sheet metal (soon to be closed up on mine) that I wasn't really expecting to have to do. I also had to notch my gas tank in two places due to the rear passenger's side bag and needing room for the exhaust as the rear bags get relocated right in the way.

The front kit is awesome, though the shock mount could use a little tweaking.

I haven't seen any other's Choppin Block install and I have no ideas if I installed my rear kit incorrectly or not as there are NO INSTRUCTIONS - How much could a couple of pages copied off have cost?

But the kit is pretty good quality in workmanship.

On my 65, I didn't use the Choppin Block's C-notch and don't really need it. The car lays frame without it. You do NEED to raise the tunnel. My thread on the Caddy board shows the tunnel raise and there was another guy on this board that did the same tunnel raise.

The Choppin Block kit also puts the F9000 sleeve bags (nice bags) in a spot that I had to modify my trunk sheet metal (soon to be closed up on mine) that I wasn't really expecting to have to do. I also had to notch my gas tank in two places due to the rear passenger's side bag and needing room for the exhaust as the rear bags get relocated right in the way.

The front kit is awesome, though the shock mount could use a little tweaking.

I haven't seen any other's Choppin Block install and I have no ideas if I installed my rear kit incorrectly or not as there are NO INSTRUCTIONS - How much could a couple of pages copied off have cost?

But the kit is pretty good quality in workmanship.
    Yeah I'm reading your thread on the other forum now... I'm really back and forth about their kit in the front. I'm already bagged but there is a bunch I'm not currently happy with. I'm not sure that rear setup is how I'd want to go myself.

The front is REALLY tempting though...

Aspiring Poster
    Car Club
    Nobody Will Have Me

... I'm really back and forth about their kit in the front. I'm already bagged but there is a bunch I'm not currently happy with...The front is REALLY tempting though...
    If you are planning on keeping and driving the car, I would go for the front kit as it corrects a lot of the camber from laying frame.

Give Vince a call (and tell him his website still isn't updated!!)
    Address: 5575 W Barstow Ave, Fresno, CA 93722

Phone: (559) 275-2901

If you are planning on keeping and driving the car, I would go for the front kit as it corrects a lot of the camber from laying frame.

Give Vince a call (and tell him his website still isn't updated!!)
    Address: 5575 W Barstow Ave, Fresno, CA 93722

Phone: (559) 275-2901
    Yeah I found him on Instagram a bit back, and shot him an email.. Hopefully I hear back soon. I just bought new bags all around and I'm hoping the ones I have in front will work out.

Aspiring Poster
    Car Club
    Nobody Will Have Me

The Choppin Block front kit uses SS7s (or equivalent) and the rears use the F9000s.

My 65 is the first time that I have used the AccuAir e-Level system and so far, I love it!

Yeah my current setup is slightly hack.. Had I installed it I would be ashamed honestly.. Now that I have the car running right, the suspension is next on the list.

Shared front valve, no sway and no shocks makes for a very interesting ride. Especially on bias ply tires...

Aspiring Poster
    Car Club
    Nobody Will Have Me

Yeah my current setup is slightly hack..Shared front valve, no sway and no shocks makes for a very interesting ride. Especially on bias ply tires...
    We call that "Old School!!!" How old are those bias plys? I didn't know you could even buy them! I bet that is an interesting ride.

Post some photos,

We call that "Old School!!!" How old are those bias plys? I didn't know you could even buy them! I bet that is an interesting ride.

Post some photos,
    Not really sure.. They look new enough that they aren't rotted to heck. But old enough that they were used.

You can still get repops from Coker tire. But as far as I can tell some were still made till the early 2000s.

I'll get some pics on here (and probably register on modified) soon

Enthusiast Poster

I can't seem to post pics from my phone but BCFab hooked me up on my 65 Cadi no need for over doing it we did it in my brothers garage in a weekend and it lays frame no cutting tunnels or any of that don't over think it we've bagged over 5 cadis ranging from 63 to 70 and the only tunnel we had to cut was the 63 look around and you'll find different setups that are a lot easier

17. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information