Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: newbie

Default newbie

Couple air suspension questions
    OK so I am new to this whole air suspension deal but I just bought a truck that already had it installed. The questions I have are probably pretty simple for most of you. When the truck is lifted up and I hit a switch to drop it, it drops extremely quick. I was curious if there is a way to make this drop a little slower? I don't know if you can just change to a smaller air fitting in the bag or what? Also I have what I would guess to be a 5 gallon tank and two compressors but they run an extremely long time. So long that I have actually left them on for 20-25 minutes and they never shut off. There is not a pressure gauge on the tank and the guy told me he elected to spend more money toward the bags than the compressors. So I guess my question is should I have a gauge put on the tank? What size compressor should I be running for this tank? How long should this take to fill up?
    Any information is helpful also I do not know the brand of system that was put on the truck. Thanks
    Chris

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Aspiring Poster

You can buy slowdowns for the valves that release the air from the bags. Yes get a gauge on tank to make sure your not overfilling which can lead your tank to exploding. Many different brands of compressors out there I have Viair 480 twin pack and it takes about 12-14 min to fill up my 8 gallon tank. If you look up Viair it will show you fill up times for each model.

Baller Poster

Check your pressure switch as well. Comps shouldn't be running that long. You can buy slowdowns or get creative and make some. I have 2-480 viair and it's filling 5gal tank, 5/6 minutes fill time.
    Slow and low is a way of life.

Enthusiast Poster
    Car Club
    Fuck u password reset cc

Quote Originally Posted by hatws6 View Post
    OK so I am new to this whole air suspension deal but I just bought a truck that already had it installed. The questions I have are probably pretty simple for most of you. When the truck is lifted up and I hit a switch to drop it, it drops extremely quick. I was curious if there is a way to make this drop a little slower? I don't know if you can just change to a smaller air fitting in the bag or what? Also I have what I would guess to be a 5 gallon tank and two compressors but they run an extremely long time. So long that I have actually left them on for 20-25 minutes and they never shut off. There is not a pressure gauge on the tank and the guy told me he elected to spend more money toward the bags than the compressors. So I guess my question is should I have a gauge put on the tank? What size compressor should I be running for this tank? How long should this take to fill up?
    Any information is helpful also I do not know the brand of system that was put on the truck. Thanks
    Chris

Aspiring Poster
    Car Club
    The Drapes CC

I got 2 480's and an 5 Gal Tank from 0+12 Bar ( 220PSI) it takes 6.30 Min
    I also have an Gauge on the Watertrap that shows the Pressure of the Tank and an Miniblowoutvalve that work at 14 Bar
    And for a slower down take slowdowns like this
    http://www.avsontheweb.com/mufflers-slow-downs/
    If you can't Fix it with an Hammer, you got an Electric Problem !

Enthusiast Poster

Comps taking that long could be fighting a stuck check valve. Also, you can get 1/4 turn valves from home depot to put on your exhaust ports. Then you can tune the speed of drop.

8. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information