Tanks going empty
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Royal Image, WA

Default Tanks going empty

So I need to know why both of my tanks are going empty just over night from 180PSI to zero. I'm using two 5 gallons tanks with 2 brand new 480C Viair compressors.
    I been checking all my fittings and can't find a leak. My rear also drops over night if I leave them filled up.
    Royal Image C.C.
    Bellingham Chapter

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    USO Phoenix

What type of valve do you have?
    1 love 2 palm trees 3 letters 4 life
    1997 Lincoln Town Car
    Hit me up for your Air Suspension needs
    Edgar@airslamit.com #AirSlamit
    www.AirSlamit.com

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Royal Image, WA

Honestly I couldn't tell you. All I know is that I have 8. 4 at front and 4 on the rear.

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    USO Phoenix

Check the check valves at the end of the leader hose on the compressors those seem to go bad pretty easy, check if the compressor head is leaking
    1 love 2 palm trees 3 letters 4 life
    1997 Lincoln Town Car
    Hit me up for your Air Suspension needs
    Edgar@airslamit.com #AirSlamit
    www.AirSlamit.com

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Royal Image, WA

How do I check the check valves? I heard you can't tight them too much. I wonder If I should loose them a bit or if its too late once they are over tighten. The compressors are brand new. About a month old.

Baller Poster

How are you checking for leaks? Have to be pretty significant to lose that much overnight.
    Slow and low is a way of life.

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Royal Image, WA

Soapy water on a spray bottle.

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Loser

remove the air inlet filter, cover with your thumb and spray, if you see bubles, your check valve is stuck in the open postition.
    www.AirAssisted.Com

sales@airassisted.com

We stock all air suspension parts. Call Or Email for a Quote!
    Ship Same Day - Tracking Number Same Day
    Toll Free Tech Support 1-866-FUK-NLOW

Aspiring Poster

Do you have water separators? I've had nothing but problems with them leaking after a year of so at 200psi.
    I've had a problem with fittings leaking (swivel and non swivel, parker and plastic)
    I seem to have better luck with steel or stainless adapters into steel on the tanks than brass.
    But really just need to tape or use sealant and crank it down tight since its a tapered pipe usually.

But like stated above get some snoop or soapy water and check all connections.

Did you get this fixed? It seems like these guys have you on the right direction to resolve your issue.

FWIW, I have found that the dollar store kids bubbles make 1000% more concentrated bubbles so it becomes obvious when any air escapes compared to using soapy water. I would lose about 1 psi a day in my rear ds bag and couldnt find anything with soapy water. As soon as I used kids bubbles in the same places it was crazy how many bubbles showed up right at the leak. 1/4 turn with the wrench and 18 months later, no leaks.

Baller Poster

Great bit of advice. Thanks

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Royal Image, WA

Thank you everyone for the input. This weekend I will try the balloons concept and spraying the fittings with the kids stuff.

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Royal Image, WA

Ok guys I still can't find any leaks. I sprayed the fittings and I can't find any bubbles. The rear still goes down just not over night. It takes about a day in a half to go all the way down. And that's both rear bags. Here's a drawing I put together real quick. Maybe you guys can tell me if something looks wrong. By the way, I'm also getting some water on both water traps. I know it's normal but a bit more I'm used to seeing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Car Club
    Majestics

Quote Originally Posted by Royal50 View Post
    Ok guys I still can't find any leaks. I sprayed the fittings and I can't find any bubbles. The rear still goes down just not over night. It takes about a day in a half to go all the way down. And that's both rear bags. Here's a drawing I put together real quick. Maybe you guys can tell me if something looks wrong. By the way, I'm also getting some water on both water traps. I know it's normal but a bit more I'm used to seeing.
    Did You spray the tanks themselves ,mounting area, welds etc.

spray every inch of the hose or hoses it sells it could be leaking there

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Royal Image, WA

Will continue to do that. So will a bad check valve cause both my rear bags to empty out? Anything hooked up wrong on my diagram?

Baller Poster

Looks like your lines are teed front and rear. That's why they both go down not just one. Is this a daily driver? How many valves it doesn't show the dumps on the diagram. Is the tank going empty or just the bags?

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Royal Image, WA

This is not a daily. I have 8 valves. My tank has been going emptied but for some reason since last night it's still holding. So I guess just my bags in the rear are going empty.

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Royal Image, WA

Well I found my leak. At least I hope it was only that one. It was the fitting connected to the tank to the water trap. It was leaking from the water trap side. I just dropped the see through part of the trap and sinned it until it was tight. Then I used a wrench to make sure it was tight. Well update in a couple of days to see if it holds.

Baller Poster

Cool. Glad you found it.

Baller Poster
    Car Club
    Royal Image, WA

Well I spoke too soon. My leak is slower and it's not from any fittings on either tanks, or compressors. But my tanks are loosing air overnight and so are my rear bags.

22. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information