4 compressor 2 tank
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Enthusiast Poster
    Car Club
    Odjee Family CC

Default 4 compressor 2 tank

Ok correct me if im wrong, if you put 2 compressor for 5 gallon tank, you can use another 5 gallon tank with 2 compressor to have separate line 1 for front 1 for rear like hydro, i want to put that set up on the 69 impala of my friend because he want play lot of time before the tank go empty, and dont want to wait lot of time before the tank go full, my question are :
    1 : 2 compressor with one 5 gallon tank gona fill it faster ?
    2 : if i put 8 gallon tank it gonna be more air to play, but they will take more time to fill ?
    3 : what the best high output alternator ?
    Last edited by Pirate85; 11-20-2016 at 04:11 PM.
    RIP Terence"Odjee slimtee" Roberts, we still rolling with you bro, we love you

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Baller Poster
    Car Club

An edc might be a better option
    1/2" whitewalls only.

Extend your A-arms.

It's not sausage, it's CHORIZO BITCH!

Baller Poster

Yeah. Edc will be way faster on refill time. Or go nitrogen if you got the money. Faster and just need tank and regulator.
    Slow and low is a way of life.

Enthusiast Poster
    Car Club
    Odjee Family CC

Thanks for answer, I'm gonna talk to my friend.

Baller Poster

As far as alternators, look into singer and mech man alternators. They are high quality. High power and custom built. Comes with the price tag too.

Enthusiast Poster
    Car Club
    Odjee Family CC

What the best EDC to run ? York 210 or other ? And i want know if i put EDC i don't need to lube it ?

Baller Poster

York 210 seems to be the most popular and most efficient. They do need to be filled with oil, then have a filter on the feed line to the tank to catch blow by oil. Sanden compressors need an oiler to be hooked to them. Just so your friend is aware, the 69 impala is a big heavy car, even with an edc, it takes lots of air to get the front end up, my 64 I can raise maybe twice and I'm refilling my air. I only have a 5 gallon tank, but it still sucks quite a bit of pressure to get it up. If they are looking into lots of play time, may want to look into nitrogen. Or something like that. Highly compressed air, get lots of play time, jus need to have ability to refill tank, airgas store or similar.

Enthusiast Poster
    Car Club
    Odjee Family CC

Ok my friend want stay with dual compressor on each 8 gallons tanks, so i need info on electric connection, i want put optima blue top 55Ah in the trunk to start the engine and for compressors, what i need in cable section ? Do i need a high output alternator ? What amper the 4 compressors drow ? What fuses, relay etc... Thanks for the help.

Baller Poster

I wouldn't go smaller then 4ga from battery to relay. I use the stinger 80 amp on my dual setup. No issues with it. I run a 100 amp circuit breaker off the battery power lead to relay. I would definitely recommend a higher output alternator, what make model and year vehicle?

Addict Poster
    Car Club
    GROUPE

Post pics of the install if you can
    GROUPE CAR CLUB
    US Navy Fire Controlman Senior Chief(Retired)
    Senior Engineering Tech

Oakland Raiders - Commitment to Excellence

American Ironhorse Legend, Suzuki M109R, Honda Goldwing,

78 El Camino(pearl candy),'80 Camaro(blue resin flake), 69 Impala (Blue Candy top)

Enthusiast Poster
    Car Club
    Odjee Family CC

I wouldn't go smaller then 4ga from battery to relay. I use the stinger 80 amp on my dual setup. No issues with it. I run a 100 amp circuit breaker off the battery power lead to relay. I would definitely recommend a higher output alternator, what make model and year vehicle?
    Thanks for answer, so i need 2 stinger 80amp relay and 2 100amp cicuit breaker to run 4 compressor if i follow your logic, correct me if i'm wrong, its for 69 impala convertible with a combo 350/350, i think go with 200amp alternator lmk if its good, and 55Ah blue top optima is a good stuff or maybe i need a bigger optima? And if you got pictures of your install it will be great.

Baller Poster

I may be mistaken, but isn't the blue top for marine use? I run a yellow top, it's made for high current draw applications such as the compressors or stereos. If you are planning on running multiple power wires then yes you would need multiple breakers. You could also run one large gage wire to a distribution block, utilizing a single larger circuit breaker. The breakers are nice, cuz you aren't carrying fuses, and if it trips, just let it cool and reset. I would definitely treat each bank of comps seperate and run a stinger for each pair. I'm no expert, just asked a lot of questions when I did 2013-08-07 16.36.27.jpgmy setup.

Baller Poster

2013-07-25 12.11.21.jpgroof has since been painted white. More pics on my phone.

Enthusiast Poster
    Car Club
    Odjee Family CC

Clean 64, my friends 69 gonna seat on 13x7 supreme reverse. For the battery i read that blue top got same capacity than yellow but they are more stronger and have second battery post with stud. Your yellow is 55Ah ?

Enthusiast Poster
    Car Club
    Odjee Family CC

You got your battery in the engine compartiment exact? Because i just want know what the best solution on battery keep it in engine compartiment or moving in trunk?
    Last edited by Pirate85; 03-20-2017 at 02:11 PM.

Baller Poster

Not sure on the rating of the yellow top. Been in there for a few years. Cars covered up still from winter storage. Yes. It is under the hood. Fit factory tray, I just fabbed up a hold down for the top, I don't have any pics of it, I'll try and get some tomorrow if the weather is nice. I wouldnt count on it though. Michigan weather sucks! Putting it in the trunk cleans up engine compartment for sure, either way you're running wire from engine to trunk. Whether from battery to trunk or from alternator to battery in the trunk. May not be a bad idea to run a second battery. Four comps will put a good draw on the system. Does he have the 4 comps already?

Enthusiast Poster
    Car Club
    Odjee Family CC

Not already, i'm waiting him to order, i'm not a big expert on wiring thats wy i ask, for me the best is to put battery in trunk for clear the engine bay, and have short wire to go on the set up. Just need the info on gauge from trunk to engine bay i saw lot of stuff on the net but all different. Thats why maybe i gonna keep battery in engine bay, but here too i dont know what gauge i need.

Baller Poster

Anything 4 ga and larger is a plus on old rides. My original was like 12 ga, surprised the car didnt burn down. Lol. I would go at least 4ga from alt to battery, the larger wire size the better conductor of current. From battery to relay, no smaller then 4 ga.

20. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information