nitrogen and compressor diagram.
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
    Addict Poster

Default nitrogen and compressor diagram.

so the 64 has a size 80 nitrogen tank and 8 valves right now, its ok but I can only lift it 20 times front and back before its out of air so I would like to have tanks and compressors but since I already have the nitrogen I was looking for a diagram or picture of how I could set this up and keep both. has anyone done this? I like the nitrogen is fast going up but when im just trying to drive a lot I would rather use a compressor and not waste air.

2nd question can I slow down how fast it lowers?

2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

Aspiring Poster

1 valve for each system with a switch to open which ever you want to use. (use check valves also)
    you can put slow downs on your dumps.

Baller Poster

What he said. But how big is a size 80 tank? Can you get a larger tank to fit? 20 times seems like it's a very small tank. I recall reading about guys getting quite a bit of straight playtime out of tsnks, but they were the larger tanks.
    Slow and low is a way of life.

Addict Poster

80 is big about 4 feet long, just barley fits on the top deck of the trunk behind the seat. I wrote down each time I lifted it to see how many times I can lift on that tank. 20.5, .5 is for just lifting the front. so valve coming off the nitrogen tank and a valve coming off the compressor tank then a T fitting to the valves. correct?

Addict Poster

might be because the bags on the 64 are bigger? I don't know

Baller Poster

It's the sheer weight of the front of the car. I'm on ss7 all the way around and can only lift front once or twice before my comps kick on. Takes a lot of volume of air to lift that much weight. I'm assuming by valve you're talking about some type of shutoff valve to swap from either nitrogen to air correct?

Addict Poster

yes that was what I was thinking a shut off valve. I will have to search for some pics of set ups to help me invision it.

Addict Poster

what size tank do u have? how many compressors? which ones are good?

Baller Poster

I have twin viair 480. Just a 5 gallon tank. 8 valves all copper lines. I have a York 210, and braided stainless lines, just seem to be too damn busy to install them. 2013-08-07 16.36.32.jpgViair are very popular. If you want to spend some bucks, check out oasis compressors. Just need lots of upgrades.

Addict Poster

nice! thanks, I got a few things lined up for summer projects

Baller Poster

Area you in.?

Baller Poster

If you get double viair comps you'll need some other parts to make it almost bulletproof

Addict Poster

las vegas, nv. what other parts to be almost bulletproof? im thinking 2 tanks and 2 compressors but just thinking about the looks of the trunk, more important it how it works. maybe two 5g or 7 gallon tanks where the batteries would usually go in a impala

Baller Poster

Sort of a bad choice of words, not so much bulletproof but reliable. I run 4 ga wire from battery to 100 amp circuit breaker, instead of fuse, back to trunk to a stinger 80 amp relay, more reliable imo, from there to comps. I'm only on a 5 gal tank, but would definitely go bigger, just means longer fill time. Worse part is the noise. If you want quicker fill time and less noise, but a little more maintenance, an edc might be something to look into.

Addict Poster

i get no noise from the nitrogen that's a plus. the weight is probably the thing with how much air it takes, my front looks like slow motion when I lift it and the back tires come off the ground when I lift it. how long is it to fill your 5 gal tank? and thanks for all the info

Baller Poster

From empty, it takes probably 4 to 5 minutes. My front is still pretty snappy. I'm running 1/2" lines. Two hits and it refills. Your front shouldn't be that slow, the back will definitely be a little quicker, but shouldn't be that bad. What type lines you run? DOT plastic?

Addict Poster

1/2 Inch dot plastic. I got the regulator set to 175psi(not sure how much psi the bags can take the line says 300psi) its not real slow just not like a 2 pump 8 batt set up is. more like if u had 2 pumps 4 batterys.... I got my lines plumbed to add the compressor and tanks. I put a x fitting 2 sides goto the valves (right side, left side) one side go to the nitrogen tank that has its own shut off, and the last side has its own shut off that will goto the compressor and tank.

Baller Poster

Sounds like you have it figured out. Post up some pics when you get it all done.

20. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information