DO NOT BUY FROM ZEUS - BAD SEALS - HORRIBLE SERVICE - BLAMES ME FOR THEIR BAD SEALS - Page 10
Welcome to the LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums.
LayItLow.com is the premier Lowriders Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
Results 181 to 195 of 195
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: DO NOT BUY FROM ZEUS - BAD SEALS - HORRIBLE SERVICE - BLAMES ME FOR THEIR BAD SEALS

  1. #181
    Baller Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Other side of the Moon
    Car Club
    Majestics Car Club
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoupeDTS View Post
    Attachment 1865714

    That look when ur new spokes leak

    I ain't got no more talkin

    LoL
    R.I.P. Jimbo aka Show N Go Detroit!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  2. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #182
    Baller Poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Car Club
    Showtime C.C. ARIZONA
    Posts
    1,266

    Default

    LMFAO
    Quote Originally Posted by CoupeDTS View Post
    Attachment 1865714

    That look when ur new spokes leak

    I ain't got no more talkin
    82 cadi coupe
    SPECIAL DELIVERY

    Don't be sad that it is over...............Be happy that it happened.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  4. #183
    Addict Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Car Club
    THE ORIGINAL O.C. DUKES
    Posts
    10,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ENVIUS View Post
    glad you're experience was much better....i shouldn't have had to wait to mount.....they shouldn't have shipped until they were cured.....
    what would you have done, if they told you they wont ship the wheels till they feel that they have cured ?
    would you still call everyday, or wait a week til they are ready??
    DUKES C.C. WORLD WIDE
    "THE ORIGINAL" O.C. DUKES Chapter
    treasure
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  5. #184
    EnViUs
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Branson Missouri
    Posts
    22,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MR.59 View Post
    what would you have done, if they told you they wont ship the wheels till they feel that they have cured ?
    would you still call everyday, or wait a week til they are ready??
    i never called them every day, i never text them every day....you can clearly see that from the screen shots i posted as my proof....there were weeks in between most texts with the exception where we were having a conversation.....if they would have been honest and told me i had to wait a week before they ship or even wait a week before i mount the wheels that would have been fine.....but no they said they would not ship until they were cured ....so by shipping the wheels they were saying they were cured...5 days after shipping i receive the wheels....mount the new tires on and all of this drama starts......All because of lack of communication on Tami's part.....Pat even told me over the phone she was supposed to tell me to wait to mount them.....but she never did....instead of accepting responsibility and trying to resolve the situation, i was blamed, fedex was blamed, everyone but zeus....who sold, built, and sealed the wheels and ultimately who is responsible for the wheels............I find it funny Tami was all talk before i posted the screen shots for proof how bad her customer service is....once i posted them she disappeared ....she would rather sink her ship than repair the hole filling it with water.....
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  6. #185
    Baller Poster
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Da Funk 817
    Car Club
    No Affiliation
    Posts
    633

    Default

    I say keep up with your cause homie. All these lames on here trying to defend this BS are full of it. Like I said before all this making excuses for Zeus is the same reason you can't go anywhere and get good customer service anywhere because people are not willing to complain or want to act like they are "keeping it real" by not putting their "friends" on blast. Easy for all these people to say this and that when it didn't happen to them, but I bet they will be acting real brand new when they get burnt on their money and if they don't care then it will be written off like they just took and L and have so much money it doesn't matter to them, lol.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  7. #186
    EnViUs
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Branson Missouri
    Posts
    22,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbrazy View Post
    I say keep up with your cause homie. All these lames on here trying to defend this BS are full of it. Like I said before all this making excuses for Zeus is the same reason you can't go anywhere and get good customer service anywhere because people are not willing to complain or want to act like they are "keeping it real" by not putting their "friends" on blast. Easy for all these people to say this and that when it didn't happen to them, but I bet they will be acting real brand new when they get burnt on their money and if they don't care then it will be written off like they just took and L and have so much money it doesn't matter to them, lol.
    thanks...i agree 100% .... people need to know who they are dealing with. .... ive exposed them ....hopefully my issues will prevent others from having to go through the same bs
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  8. #187
    Aspiring Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    46

    Default

    I really don't know how anyone on here could defend Zeus in this case. Especially calling this snitching? Are you kidding me homie that is the lamest excuse and mockery of that word I have ever heard.

    Man paid for a product, had poor communication throughout most of the deal (nothing terrible but I wouldn't enjoy having to check up on my stuff week after week), got the wheels, they were faulty, Zeus immediately starts on the defense and calls the customer out on more than two or three occasions for their mess up. And then for Zeus' spokesperson to come on here and act like that without owning up to it right off the bat, I don't have any sympathy for their loss of business.

    You go to any small business and show the owner how Tami handled this and he/she would probably have a stroke. Clear as day, you just DONT act like this as a business.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  9. #188
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    15,961

    Default

    Zeus said they would send a $140 money order almost a month ago. If you still have not received this and there is no response from Tami to this point either, then she should be banned from doing business on here. Let's leave this a few more days and hopefully you get results.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  10. #189
    Addict Poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    8,780

    Default

    OP is a broke ass leva to be crying over $140, when it is clearly his fault for not letting the wheels cure and putting those off-road tires on.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  11. #190
    EnViUs
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Branson Missouri
    Posts
    22,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RobLBC View Post
    OP is a broke ass leva to be crying over $140, when it is clearly his fault for not letting the wheels cure and putting those off-road tires on.
    its 1,640$ not 140$....i asked for 140 to resolve the issue....she agreed to send it then put me on ignore.....im sure you would take it like a pro if this happened to you......yea i should have let the rims cure...lol they were supposed to be cured before they were shipped.....what a moron you are
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  12. #191
    EnViUs
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Branson Missouri
    Posts
    22,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TIGGS247 View Post
    I really don't know how anyone on here could defend Zeus in this case. Especially calling this snitching? Are you kidding me homie that is the lamest excuse and mockery of that word I have ever heard.

    Man paid for a product, had poor communication throughout most of the deal (nothing terrible but I wouldn't enjoy having to check up on my stuff week after week), got the wheels, they were faulty, Zeus immediately starts on the defense and calls the customer out on more than two or three occasions for their mess up. And then for Zeus' spokesperson to come on here and act like that without owning up to it right off the bat, I don't have any sympathy for their loss of business.

    You go to any small business and show the owner how Tami handled this and he/she would probably have a stroke. Clear as day, you just DONT act like this as a business.
    yep....exactly what im trying to point out to everyone....its just crazy how they are handling this
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  13. #192
    The repair manual
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Car Club
    TRUESTYLE C.C.
    Posts
    18,692

    Default

    Just gotta be honest on my thoughts that have progressed. The more i think about it, that sealer just didn't have time to dry. I know you Aaron and ur real impatient, u want it and u want it now. Ur caddy burned down in December and 5 days later you bought that caddy vert on ebay without the insurance adjusters even seeing your other car yet or having any of that 25k in insurance money. Thats crazy right there. Then within a month or so of having this car u had fancy air ride on it, custom stereo, ordered rims and tires and fixed other things. That's wanting things pretty dang fast. I guess if u got the money u can do that. I know in march on Facebook u have a bunch of posts and messaged me a bunch of times "I can't wait to get my rims I can't wait to get my rims". You had a post they showed up at 2pm and in a few hours you had pics of them on your car. That's not being in a hurry? You also had a car show that weekend or something and u badly wanted the wheels on. So you cant say you werent in a hurry. Then you'll say they had 5 days or more to dry. Well not really. Why doesn't glue dry in the bottle? Why doesn't paint dry in a can? Why doesn't sealer dry on some rims? They were completely wrapped in plastic and double boxed with tape sealing them up. You think the air circulated enough in there to PROPERLY seal the rims? Obviously not, they werent dry yet!! So then it's still Zeus's fault youll say. She warned you they JUST sealed them and wait, but you didn't. You had em on within hours. Tami dropped everything and went out of her way within a half hour and replaced a knockoff and adapter you dropped and broke, she definitely didn't need to do that! Bad customer service there right? Then you still complained and I think she finally realized there is no pleasing this guy so why try, prob send him this money and he'll still complain. At first u wanted half the money back lol. I didn't get my Zeus wheels on tires for a year after I got them and of course they are fine. I told u when the first 2 were leaking to just suck it up and reseal them because Zeus is a small business they don't have money to throw around hundreds of dollars to ship back and forth and youll have them sealed quicker doing it yourself and knowing they are done right. But u threw the other 2 on and drove to the car show and blew out a tire...shouldn't have been driving period, but I know u ur impatient, it just shows right there again. They weren't properly sealed. Then u want them to pay for the tubes and a tow. U shouldn't have been driving. Just seal them properly and move on. You also got the rims hundreds of dollars off so that saved you right there. What should come of this? Zeus needs to wait a week with the wheels exposed to air to have them seal no matter how bad people want their wheels to avoid problems like this. I'll still send my wheels back to Zeus to have them change the color of my hubs and reseal them. I trust them. Tami always helped me and was never rude. This was unfortunate but warn people and move on no need to tell everyone not to buy from them that's rediculous. Like I said before u don't try to shut a company down because they screwed up one order, u obviously haven't been screwed over enough lol it happens alot more than u think in this world, and people should learn from it and fix the problems and move on. Just my .02
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  14. #193
    Addict Poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    8,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ENVIUS View Post
    its 1,640$ not 140$....i asked for 140 to resolve the issue....she agreed to send it then put me on ignore.....im sure you would take it like a pro if this happened to you......yea i should have let the rims cure...lol they were supposed to be cured before they were shipped.....what a moron you are
    The moron is you for not knowing shit about how wire wheels need to cure and not knowing shit about lowrider tires. Take your complaining and ugly ass car to some 4x4 forum.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  15. #194
    EnViUs
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Branson Missouri
    Posts
    22,929

    Default

    i think your missing the point...she never warned me...she told me they would not ship until they are cured....so once shipped i or anyone else would be safe to assume they were cured....impatient or not im still not in the wrong....and excuse me for moving fast with my car....ive always moved fast with my cars....glad you were happy with your experience....im still gonna say what i want.....delete the thread if you want...cover for your friends....
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  16. #195
    EnViUs
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Branson Missouri
    Posts
    22,929

    Default

    ive said what i need to...thread is now closed
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  17. Remove Advertisements
    LayItLow.com
    Advertisements
     


 
Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts