LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

***1951 BELAIR 2DHT BUILDUP***

107K views 2K replies 104 participants last post by  Viejitos50chevy 
#1 ·
A few years ago I got this 51 belair...The car was really clean and I got it because I was tired of getting old buckets and spending countless hours building them. I thought if I would buy a clean car from the start, it would save me a lot of time making the car the way I want. I drove the car for a season putting an triple 7 pesco set up in it and then decided to build something I really wanted and decided to do it with this car since it was really clean from the get go and not another basket case. Anyway I would buy a brand new Ferrari and I would probably tear it down like an idiot...lol Here are some pics of the car when I bought it...

See less See more
#5 ·
The car was a complete 100 points OG restauration and it was restaured completely with new sheet metal which I wanted to avoid doing major body work and it was exactly what I was looking for. Now a lot of you guys (understandably) would have kept that car the way it is and I would not blame any of you guys but I like custom stuff so I decided to go a complete different path.

#6 ·
GRAPHICS ON TOP AND SUNVISOR

I wanted something that stands out with this 51 and decided to get some graphics done on the top and sunvisor. Something kinda funky and different...All HOK kandies...Here are the work in progress on the top:

#8 ·
El Rimo doing the work on the top:

#22 ·
More or less the finish products for the graphics on the top before getting it cleared...Very happy with the results...Great work from El Rimo on here...HOK pearls and kandies are really great products and the colors are really poppin...Exactly what I wanted to shoot for...A little bit like those Japan style lowrider paint jobs you see coming out :)

#23 ·
Also got a sunvisor for the 51 and got El Rimo to do some matching graphics on the visor...Here are some work in progress on the visor:

#24 ·
Here is the final product before getting the whole thing cleared...Top and visor together:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.